Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• TVF
    36575 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Okay.
    5v5 No ship's.

For now.
    I guess CG realised that most don't like ships.

Interesting theory.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Okay.
    5v5 No ship's.
    I guess CG realised that most don't like ships. Hope we can continue that and remove ship stuff little by little.
    We’re considering mixing 3v3 and Ships in soon after
    🤔
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Okay.
    5v5 No ship's.
    I guess CG realised that most don't like ships. Hope we can continue that and remove ship stuff little by little.
    Or they're sticking to the simplest format for the first full run, and it will get more complicated from there.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    MOAR SHIPS IN GAC
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Okay.
    5v5 No ship's.

You may be right. This could be coming right after they remove those broke crystalless android users.
  • Android users like ships.. nerf them!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • This looks like more time consuming trash that won’t pay out decent rewards for anyone other than whales. Another facet of the game designed to continue widening the gap between F2P players and whales. Can’t wait to ignore this just like Grand Arena.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The way the matchmaking algorithm works, the krakens will be the only ones who fit the matchmaking criteria for krakens.

You'll be facing off against people with more or less similar rosters to your own. This is about as fair to F2P as you can ask. Kvetching about the plight of the F2P has just become a nonsensical parroting at this point.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The way the matchmaking algorithm works, the krakens will be the only ones who fit the matchmaking criteria for krakens.

You'll be facing off against people with more or less similar rosters to your own. This is about as fair to F2P as you can ask. Kvetching about the plight of the F2P has just become a nonsensical parroting at this point.

I apologize that I want some real **** gameplay that doesn’t hinge on competing against pay to win losers. Is it too much to ask for some single player content? Meaningful ways to upgrade my toons without having to futilely play against people who pay to win? I can’t even unlock new characters anymore without having to either go through ridiculous lengthy processes to farm other characters to unlock the new character or get set up with a **** free to access but pay to make useful or wait to be able to start farming characters while others have paid to master it. When are we going to be able to level our toons up past 85? More single player levels? Relevant story mode? Who gives a **** about Grand Arena? I certainly don’t. Constantly getting paired up with people who have both Revans, maxed 3PO and Chewbacca teams. Ships are nothing but a distracting waste of time. **** pay to win. And **** multiplayer **** that’s sole purpose is generate more revenue.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I apologize that I want some real **** gameplay that doesn’t hinge on competing against pay to win losers. Is it too much to ask for some single player content? Meaningful ways to upgrade my toons without having to futilely play against people who pay to win? I can’t even unlock new characters anymore without having to either go through ridiculous lengthy processes to farm other characters to unlock the new character or get set up with a **** free to access but pay to make useful or wait to be able to start farming characters while others have paid to master it. When are we going to be able to level our toons up past 85? More single player levels? Relevant story mode? Who gives a **** about Grand Arena? I certainly don’t. Constantly getting paired up with people who have both Revans, maxed 3PO and Chewbacca teams. Ships are nothing but a distracting waste of time. **** pay to win. And **** multiplayer **** that’s sole purpose is generate more revenue.
    I hate to break it to you, dear, but if you're losing over and over again, it's probably not because of whales. All this rage against the whales, but by and large... you aren't gonna face many of them due to the way matchmaking works. You're just losing to better players.

As for PvE content, you're about to get two big, new PvE maps in the Geonosis Territory battles which will also be an avenue for the bright, shiny new currencies. Lucky you!

And I'm not sure why you're asking to level past 85. That doesn't really advantage anybody. They'd either add a new resource to go past 85 or it would just be a huge additional credit sink that does some questionable stuff to game balance. Main things that would change are that 90 would be the new level 85 at a higher credit cost. It would not some great boon to the poor beleaguered F2P, and your asking for it just shows a lack of understanding for how game design works.
    Still not a he.
  • Yeah only the date wasn't released... ;)
  • eepikins wrote: »
    I love GA, but can you just give definitive dates when things will be released?

Seriously. It's always the only thing missing.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Burnsius wrote: »
    eepikins wrote: »
    I love GA, but can you just give definitive dates when things will be released?

Seriously. It's always the only thing missing.

Totally agree. Enough with the “get ready” “are you prepared” “it is almost here” and whatnot posts already and just state on what date it will be live.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Are people signing up already? Mine still can't :p
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Are people signing up already? Mine still can't :p

Nope, even though I got a message saying to head over and sign up. Seriously, with the amount of money they expect us to drop on this game is it too much to expect them to have their s*** together?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ok so I am missing it somewhere and am a little confused... I'm RARELY serious even when complaining around here.... but I was wondering if someone could Cliff notes the mod locks for GAC...

1) When is the mod lock for the first match ?
    2) Are we now allowed to switch mods before 2nd match (another lock) ?
    3) Has actually nothing changed and it's like before ?

Questions may sound stupid but it's still kinda vague from all the Dev posts.

My mods are a disaster right now since my DR team can't beat anyone even with 306 DBast the faster opponent DR just kills me in 2 seconds. So pretty sure I want best mods on JKR

But literally every team i have my mods are just jacked, I have to now remove my ship mods before lock to ensure they are available for toons so I can then get them back on my ships to keep 1 in my arena.

Thanks for help !!!!!

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Ok so I am missing it somewhere and am a little confused... I'm RARELY serious even when complaining around here.... but I was wondering if someone could Cliff notes the mod locks for GAC...

My mods are a disaster right now since my DR team can't beat anyone even with 306 DBast the faster opponent DR just kills me in 2 seconds. So pretty sure I want best mods on JKR

But literally every team i have my mods are just jacked, I have to now remove my ship mods before lock to ensure they are available for toons so I can then get them back on my ships to keep 1 in my arena.

Thanks for help !!!!!

Lock is at the end of registration period always, so a day+2 hours from now. I think this is just a one week exhibit for the first time. Then a full run next month, but still exhibit/tune up. I'm in the same place as you, have to remod full roster tomorrow.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Thanks for help !!!!!

Lock is at the end of registration period always, so a day+2 hours from now. I think this is just a one week exhibit for the first time. Then a full run next month, but still exhibit/tune up. I'm in the same place as you, have to remod full roster tomorrow.

@Ninjah9 would be proud of you.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Thanks for help !!!!!

@Ninjah9 would be proud of you.

Lol, I don't remod for the same reasons as he does. I just dragged my feet on changing team priorities and newly accumulated mods for a month now. Changing a few teams modding changes all else due to way/method I mod.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    QOL suggestion :

Instead of a one week review period.... just make it a one week join period for the next 4 week GAC (where you can still review stuff I guess) That way there will NEVER be a single complaint about someone missing a GAC match for missing the one day join .....

EDIT this will also ensure max participation we know how you like your #'s
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    2 quick things that no one cares about but me:

1) I never remod. I'm too lazy.

2) I like the music in the GAC screen. Nicely done.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    SWGOH has music?

I mean, there was that brief bug that caused music to play, but then they fixed it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    SWGOH has music?

I mean, there was that brief bug that caused music to play, but then they fixed it.

I know you're just saying that to make me sad.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    SWGOH has music?

I know you're just saying that to make me sad.

Not really, it's more collateral damage than anything.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ouch.... so the rewards for the worst/unluckiest players in the world is 100k credits and 5 salvage

It's a good thing to get that rank you almost have to not play a REAL good thing :)

What I don't like is me prob ending up in top of bronzium still 5 salvage and 200k ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

feats give me 1/10 of ability to get out of bronzium but 5 out of the 6 feats have to do with being able to beat someone.... ewwwwww

(I'm not complaining BTW this actually looks good) I just feel like I"m gonna be in bronzium while actually trying hard to get out of bronzium (once full thing rolls out)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    hmmm GP over 4.5mil but i'm in division 2.... odd
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    hmmm GP over 4.5mil but i'm in division 2.... odd

And the first bug is spotted!!!!