Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Options
    What is so wrong about doing this by gp. All you people who cry about unfair matchups because your super sweet g12 zFarmboy cant beat revan deserve to lose. Its a tournament some of you are 16 seeds. The first round should weed that out and you will face other 16 seeds in the next round this happens five times so eventually you might win one and feel cool while the people who are good get progressively harder opponents AT THEIR GP LEVEL. And stop saying whale to describe everyone better than you. And devs dont make the mistake of catering to the bad players. Think Star wars Galaxies CU.
  • Options
    Hello CG
    That's the first time I write to this forum after having played swgoh 3 years in a row but I cannot resist to express my disappointment.
    I just hope that the current matchmaking will not stay like that because if so, I do not think I will continue to play (and from time to time give some of my money).
    Until now, matchmaking was based on GP and that's all. I lost some fights, won some fights but at lease I felt in the same category as my opponents.
    Now in the latest GAC, I am facing just people with 500K GP more than me, at least 10+ G12 toons and 10+ zetas. I mean, all of them ? I just do not understand what you are trying to do ? Like all casual players fight only together and all the "good" players on the other side ?
    For what I understood about the GAC philosophy, it was all about rising the ladder and having the "good" players fighting together at the end. But with the current matchmaking well, it starts from First round and it will be like that every round.
    I would appreciate an answer,
    Best Regards,
    Fab
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Just chill folks, we haven't played 1 GAC until now.

Just check the new content, do your best and CG will improve matchmaking over the time, don't worry.

This is exhibition, it will not count on anything towards the future GAC's.

@all Just CHILL man

This is the only place we can give feedback to their changes. If nobody complains then how are they to know the new matchmaking system sucks? Clearly beta testing didn't tell them (or perhaps happen at all). This is where people that like it and people that hate it need to express how they feel and why so that CG knows.

Based on the description in the information page, the match making is based on the maximum powerful of characters that you can deploy on defense so if you have 8 spots, that's 40 characters. If that is in fact how they are doing it, that's a ridiculous system in a game mode that is designed for you to need to use 80+ characters total for defense and offense. Essentially they are saying no characters past 40 have value so whether you have exactly 40 G12 +5 characters but missing some meta characters or 100 G12 +5 with all of the meta characters, you are relatively equal opponents.

RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »

Just check the new content, do your best and CG will improve matchmaking over the time, don't worry.

@all Just CHILL man

This is the only place we can give feedback to their changes. If nobody complains then how are they to know the new matchmaking system sucks? Clearly beta testing didn't tell them (or perhaps happen at all). This is where people that like it and people that hate it need to express how they feel and why so that CG knows.

Except the majority of people are complaining about NOTHING....

I would literally be EMBARRASSED to post how its not fAir being mAtched with someone who has more GP even though i had more g12, zetas mods etc

I would be embarrassed to make such a horrible argument in a public forum..... but they just keep rolling in people complainin bout nothing.....

Its stupid because it insults every person with a VALID complaint
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

@all Just CHILL man

Except the majority of people are complaining about NOTHING....

I would literally be EMBARRASSED to post how its not fAir being mAtched with someone who has more GP even though i had more g12, zetas mods etc

I would be embarrassed to make such a horrible argument in a public forum..... but they just keep rolling in people complainin bout nothing.....

Its stupid because it insults every person with a VALID complaint

Perhaps you should call them out instead of @all then. ;)

They aren't complaining about nothing though. They are pointing out a symptom of what they view as a problem. GP is a generic representation of a players overall strength, even though it's not definitive. They may not want to post a wall of text saying they are paired with opponents that all have a massive advantage of 6dot mods, meta characters, G12, G12+5, faster mods, etc, etc, etc.

• RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

That's a nice tool to quickly see what useless characters are geared and modded to the point that they hurt your match making. I can look at mine and see that I would need to remove or place weaker mods on IG88, Chief Chirpa, and Maul so that my power ranking for my top 40 drop as they add minimal value to GA. I really HATE the idea of removing mods to manipulate match making.

I thought their goal was to not punish those that want a diversified roster? Seems to me this will only encourage people to mod and gear their best characters fully then make the rest weaker so they don't fall into the top 40 calculations.

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The most ridiculous is the feat about “win 15 fleet battle in arena” in just 6 days

Since in the top 50 i only win like 1 /5 battle a day, i had to drop on purpose about 100 rank just so i can win more battles per day. It s ridiculous to be forced to drop our fleet arena rank
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

@all Just CHILL man

They said the same thing in GA..over the course of a few weeks or months...over half a yet later matchmaking still looks and feels the same...they polished the arena very well..looks shinny. Added new perks...gave everyone a 1 of 9 matches...but I still see at a zeta/meta toon disadvantage.. my thanks for actively playing and willingly putting tons of capital into the game. But I will decide after this exhibition game if I feel it is fixed. A lot riding on this GAC..and I will not buy a we fixed it excuse "this time". It this GAC still proves unmatchable. Over half a year later and players repeatedly asking and requesting better match making and it isn't done right..then it obviously isn't something they care to fix.
  • Options
    i like the idea behind the matchmaking. But you cant match me even if i have a Darth Revan, with a Darth Malak. Those little factors you have to care of. I still think that i can beat him since he lack mods but it isnt fair at all to face a Darth Malak there if i hadnt the chance to get him. Thanks!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb I see your recent announcement on ga matchmaking.

I hope you don't mind this comment. Like you I felt that there was too many blowouts in old grand arena. Unlike you I felt that this was OK and that it would resolve itself in grand arena championships. The first week would be blowouts and then it would sort itself out as good players were put with good players.

Now it feels like you have decided to put good players together in round 1 and that's it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I see your recent announcement on ga matchmaking.

I hope you don't mind this comment. Like you I felt that there was too many blowouts in old grand arena. Unlike you I felt that this was OK and that it would resolve itself in grand arena championships. The first week would be blowouts and then it would sort itself out as good players were put with good players.

Now it feels like you have decided to put good players together in round 1 and that's it.

Unlike you many of us didn't see it as ok as it put us at severe disadvantage from week 1 due to the nature of pure total gp matchmaking.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Some of you have a very twisted view of what's fair. Fair doesn't mean you have an equal chance to win your GA. Fair means you had an equal opportunity to build a roster capable of winning in GA.

If you don't farm the best toons, don't farm mods and don't gear your teams properly, you do not deserve to win.

What's not fair is to pair good players against mediocre players who have been playing for a lot longer and have a much larger roster. And have had a lot longer to farm mods.

If this is what they consider fair, they should let horrible players switch to younger arena shards where they have a chance to make it to the top. They should nerf HSR so they can solo it with their gold Phoenix team. They should make it so they can complete the new TB with their p.o.s. rosters.

The better players sacrifice short-term gratification to reach their long-term strategic goals. It doesn't make sense to make GA more difficult for them while rewarding players who squander their resources for instant gratification.

My new avocado picbe18m8wysf51.jpeg
  • Options
    How many of the “blow outs” were from people not participating? So many people in GA who figured they were not going to win would not even try - that was my experience at least. So you got a blow out that had nothing to do with the matchmaking.

In my current matchup I’m up against someone with an over 400k GP Advantage, 7 more g12 and 28 more g11 characters + big speed advantages on top tier teams (I have 4 more zetas).

z1mxe2gi66ed.jpeg

Not commenting on if this is “fair” or not. But I will say this is more what I would have expected to face after have some success rather than in my first round. There are other people in my group at an even bigger disadvantage who really have no hope of winning against some of the rosters.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

That's a nice tool to quickly see what useless characters are geared and modded to the point that they hurt your match making. I can look at mine and see that I would need to remove or place weaker mods on IG88, Chief Chirpa, and Maul so that my power ranking for my top 40 drop as they add minimal value to GA. I really HATE the idea of removing mods to manipulate match making.

I thought their goal was to not punish those that want a diversified roster? Seems to me this will only encourage people to mod and gear their best characters fully then make the rest weaker so they don't fall into the top 40 calculations.

This. If the goal was not to create what they called "degenerative roster practices" (or something similar), then this is pretty much doing the opposite.

I have learned something in regards to CG in the past few days regarding GAC, matchmaking and their stated goals. Believe only what they do and nothing of what they say. Alright, back to Gardenscapes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The matchmaking "explanation" is just stupid. The top end characters are what they use to match? What happens AFTER those characters? A HUGE fall off.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing people should be debating is like 75,500 people will always get bottom reward only 500 get anything better and probably 67,000 people will all be one point from top 500....

I hope in the big one they decide to maybe add more people to reward tiers... lime instead of 500 make it 2000 or 10000 or something

Is 95% + of player base actually gonna be stuck on bottom tier of whereever they land ???
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    One player in my group has no GAC-Points (exactly 0), after the start of the offense phase 2h ago.

How is it possible to undergo the autodeplay? Isn't it neccessary to put at least one team in defense, to kill the autodeploy?
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I actually love the new matching system, it is pretty great. 👍
    Good job cg
    .. Only small thing I wish they'd done tho would be to factor in the top 3 arena teams, and avoid players who are missing one from matching with each other. (Malak) 😆
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Xhedao wrote: »
    One player in my group has no GAC-Points (exactly 0), after the start of the offense phase 2h ago.

How is it possible to undergo the autodeplay? Isn't it neccessary to put at least one team in defense, to kill the autodeploy?

O shold be impossible.... hou have to set one team or autodeoy kicks in...... so score is wrong or autodeploy off
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    eepikins wrote: »
    The matchmaking "explanation" is just stupid. The top end characters are what they use to match? What happens AFTER those characters? A HUGE fall off.
    Yes, a huge fall off. That's the point. A feature, not a glitch.

In my roster right now, I have a very useful 7* G12 2/6 zHan Solo at 20103 GP near the top of my roster.

Near the bottom of my roster, I have a 6* G6 Cody at 5329 GP, 3* G8 Aurra Sing at 5205 GP, 5* G7 Sith Assassin at 4806 GP, and 5* G7 Echo at 4752 GP who are collectively completely useless. A total of 20092 GP.

The old matchmaking algorithm sees little difference between that extremely useful G12 zHan or the pile of GP that is the four other scrap toons. Because I built those scrap toons to a moderate degree, it would rate me as more powerful and choose more powerful opponents for me.

The dropoff is there to try and keep the matchmaking algorithm focused on relevant units, instead of counting the fluff at the bottom of the roster. There can be debate about where the dropoff should be and how sharp or gradual it should be, but the matchmaking algorithm becomes fairer when a dropoff is in there somewhere.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Another prove that this match up its stupid. Some of top players from my division are now players who where smashed by me in last GA s. Now i dont have any chance to reach those points since after this match up i was put against players with twice my g12 chars ( 140÷150 chars) and 600÷800 k more gp . So those low players will be able to go in next league without any problem with much lower chars and teams . Tx a lot EA for another fail
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    I just have to say one thing now:

Thank you CG for taking some we actually found fun, GA.

And utterly utterly ruining it you terrible devs.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Dramatic much?
    Still not a he.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

Dramatic much?

It's utterly ruined, I bet noone's gonne play it now xD
  • Lt_rhil_margos
    101 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My enemy set more gold in front trench than i have total.
    I told u matchmaking is broken.
    If u refuse to fix it I will actively try to make other ppl not enjoy the fairness too.
    Fix it. Fix it. Fix it.
    Or I will actively sabotage it.
    Who is with me? We will take this game from the enemy.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Options
    Some of you have a very twisted view of what's fair. Fair doesn't mean you have an equal chance to win your GA. Fair means you had an equal opportunity to build a roster capable of winning in GA.

If you don't farm the best toons, don't farm mods and don't gear your teams properly, you do not deserve to win.

What's not fair is to pair good players against mediocre players who have been playing for a lot longer and have a much larger roster. And have had a lot longer to farm mods.

If this is what they consider fair, they should let horrible players switch to younger arena shards where they have a chance to make it to the top. They should nerf HSR so they can solo it with their gold Phoenix team. They should make it so they can complete the new TB with their p.o.s. rosters.

The better players sacrifice short-term gratification to reach their long-term strategic goals. It doesn't make sense to make GA more difficult for them while rewarding players who squander their resources for instant gratification.

You did not build for GA or GAC for that matter, because the feature is just over months old. A lot of these "squandered" resources or "useless" toons we're required for other game features and they filled a nitch in other game modes that we're developed. And are now being essentially "punished" or disadvantage in this new game mode. And yes CG encourged collecting and buffing in earlier game mode releases. Educational game research on the forums should be conducted before someone starts making claims such as this. Those broad rosters took time cash and lots of effort to build with no shortcut into a premium game mode that they are now being used against the player. There shouldn't be any place in this game for narrow minded, entitlement attitudes. This whole battle with GA and GAC has been about balanced matching for more enjoy game at..not kicks into the face. Respecting those who have invested that time and money into this game for them to develop these new cool features you enjoy!
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    I have won the last 9 or so grand arenas in a row and only have lost 3 matches since grand arenas started. Now with this new matchmaking I’m the ONLY person out of the 8 players at “4.5 mil” and the other 7 are between “5 and 5.3 mil”!! And after this first round I got smoked! I never got blown out before and now with this new system you essentially are still creating blow outs! I have no business against these guys with 30 to 40 more g12 than me.

What I found was my opponents teams were all g12 even the back walls while mine had a couple g11 teams which is not balanced imo.

The problem with the new match making is it’s not accounting for team synergy and I have double zeta tarkin, zeta fulcrum, zeta ig88 and other one off characters that don’t have a set tw/ga team but this new system calculates its power because it’s one of my top characters so than it creates an imbalance when my g8 Phoenix team and g11 Ewok team has to go on defense against a full g12 Phoenix and Ewok team. You see the blow outs this will create. That’s what happened to me my first match. I simply had several good fleet characters and old plug and play arena characters left for his back wall but none of them synergize and didn’t fit together so I can’t compete against these all g12 teams.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    I just got humiliated in GAC with my 2.9M Gp vs a 3.7M Gp. Thank you Capital Game, for your political polite explanation. Shame