Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    Anyone else think ships are only going to be added to GAC once people start maxxing Negotiator and Malevolence. I mean the way people see it now no matter how you set your ship team against your opponent odds are it's going to be a wash with maybe a one or two point difference.... Now I want ships in GAC but they will not add ships to GAC until there are teams that can only be beaten 0-25% percent of the time by non god teams...

    So I'm hopeful ships comes to GAC but more worried they will only be added to create instaloss's... not sure if that fits with their "less than 5% blowout rate goal"

    When you get in a bracket where it's 3 auto blowouts and your sitting at 100% blowout rate that 5% rate makes people lol...

    I do want ships in GAC but if they are only going to contribute to an increase in the blowout rate goal of 5% maybe they SHOULD keep ships out of GAC

    That would stink as I'm a big ship fan... gonna be a lot of ship haters really mad when they lose their kyber status to the people who lock off an entire area with their god fleet by people who still have 5 months just to unlock a new ship..

    We know it prob won't be the next one or one after that.... But my guess is there won't be ships in GAC until their numbers show a certain percentage of people with an unlock..... otherwise people will be raging...

    Question is what's that number lol :)
  • They gave a pretty firm "no" to ships coming to the GAC store in the Q&A.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They gave a pretty firm "no" to ships coming to the GAC store in the Q&A.

    Not the GAC store.. GAC just the fighting part.
  • That was the only modification for matchmaking which was announced:

    " ...Matchmaking/Scoring Changes:
    Division-Specific Matchmaking: The first big change is that matchmaking now includes Division; players should no longer encounter opponents outside of their division. We will be monitoring how these changes impact matchups in the next Championship and will further refine matchmaking in the future. ..."

    I think i am very disappointed... so it will still be possible for a 4.7 mio player to win kyber div 1 with medium speed mods abd medium cooked toons as seen last round? Wow.
    I would recommend that at least the name championship is renamed following from toady to GA roulette. This is definetly not what i was looking for . Still completely obsure and non-transparent algorithm on matchmaking, still not clear what is the cg definition of "best player". Anorher pr desaster. Very unsatisfactory.
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    edited August 16
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    still not clear what is the cg definition of "best player". Anorher pr desaster. Very unsatisfactory.

    If the "best" only play the best then 3/4ths of the "best" won't make kyber. So the "best" need a way to not play "the best" so they get their Kyber otherwise all those people funding the game not making kyber are going to be very angry.

    Then you also have a situation where the top 5% in everything are always getting the best rewards in everything. (which is fine to a point) but if 95% of the actual player base can never catch them or are ONLY fighting them and have 0 chance of making kyber or aurodium they have nothing to shoot for and will just encourage massive "not playing" joning but not really trying

    so in summary.

    If the best only play the best bad for whales $$$
    If the best only play the F2P to ensure their Kyber status 95% of game could care less what happens cause nothing to play for.

    Try being the manager who has to ensure a way for the whales funding the game to reach kyber every time to keep them happy. and at the same time figure out a way that the bad players can win once in a blue moon to make them "think" they have a chance at progressing in GAC.

    To be fair if the current system is "completely random based on matched GP" it hurts a lot of whales fighting whales but is probably enough to keep the other 95% of the game at least trying.

    If you have a system that you feel finds out who the best of the best is without locking out the majority of your whales from kyber by making them go 6/6 in grindout matches and also makes the other 95% of the game feel compelled to keep trying I would be glad to hear those ideas (ANYONE not just u Enas)
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    still not clear what is the cg definition of "best player". Anorher pr desaster. Very unsatisfactory.

    If the "best" only play the best then 3/4ths of the "best" won't make kyber. So the "best" need a way to not play "the best" so they get their Kyber otherwise all those people funding the game not making kyber are going to be very angry.

    Then you also have a situation where the top 5% in everything are always getting the best rewards in everything. (which is fine to a point) but if 95% of the actual player base can never catch them or are ONLY fighting them and have 0 chance of making kyber or aurodium they have nothing to shoot for and will just encourage massive "not playing" joning but not really trying

    so in summary.

    If the best only play the best bad for whales $$$
    If the best only play the F2P to ensure their Kyber status 95% of game could care less what happens cause nothing to play for.

    Try being the manager who has to ensure a way for the whales funding the game to reach kyber every time to keep them happy. and at the same time figure out a way that the bad players can win once in a blue moon to make them "think" they have a chance at progressing in GAC.

    To be fair if the current system is "completely random based on matched GP" it hurts a lot of whales fighting whales but is probably enough to keep the other 95% of the game at least trying.

    If you have a system that you feel finds out who the best of the best is without locking out the majority of your whales from kyber by making them go 6/6 in grindout matches and also makes the other 95% of the game feel compelled to keep trying I would be glad to hear those ideas (ANYONE not just u Enas)

    Give points for gp deployed on defenses, this will ensure whales with 16+ 110k teams get to kyber much easier and with less wins than people who are deploying 75k defenses.
  • Hmm, looks like the Fleet Commander feat is counting squad arena wins rather than fleet arena wins.
  • Anyone having issues with the fleet commander feat? My battles are not counting towards the feat for some reason
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    still not clear what is the cg definition of "best player". Anorher pr desaster. Very unsatisfactory.

    If the "best" only play the best then 3/4ths of the "best" won't make kyber. So the "best" need a way to not play "the best" so they get their Kyber otherwise all those people funding the game not making kyber are going to be very angry.

    Then you also have a situation where the top 5% in everything are always getting the best rewards in everything. (which is fine to a point) but if 95% of the actual player base can never catch them or are ONLY fighting them and have 0 chance of making kyber or aurodium they have nothing to shoot for and will just encourage massive "not playing" joning but not really trying

    so in summary.

    If the best only play the best bad for whales $$$
    If the best only play the F2P to ensure their Kyber status 95% of game could care less what happens cause nothing to play for.

    Try being the manager who has to ensure a way for the whales funding the game to reach kyber every time to keep them happy. and at the same time figure out a way that the bad players can win once in a blue moon to make them "think" they have a chance at progressing in GAC.

    To be fair if the current system is "completely random based on matched GP" it hurts a lot of whales fighting whales but is probably enough to keep the other 95% of the game at least trying.

    If you have a system that you feel finds out who the best of the best is without locking out the majority of your whales from kyber by making them go 6/6 in grindout matches and also makes the other 95% of the game feel compelled to keep trying I would be glad to hear those ideas (ANYONE not just u Enas)

    Give points for gp deployed on defenses, this will ensure whales with 16+ 110k teams get to kyber much easier and with less wins than people who are deploying 75k defenses.

    If more ppl posted ideas like this good or bad things would get better !!
  • Vaco
    12 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Yes... Fleet dont count... I won 2...still Zero of eighteen... Guild mates dont have the issue rg40fu78f79h.jpg
  • Vaco wrote: »
    Yes... Fleet dont count... I won 2...still Zero of eighteen... Guild mates dont have the issue
    Known bug. It's counting squad arena.
    Still not a he.
  • remand
    10 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Sorry if this question was asked earlier, tried to find it but failed.

    How exactly are divisions work? Div3 ends at 3,79k GP, Div2 begins at 3,8k GP. If I have 3,799,999 GP - to what division will I be placed?
  • remand wrote: »
    Sorry if this question was asked earlier, tried to find it but failed.

    How exactly are divisions work? Div3 ends at 3,79k GP, Div2 begins at 3,8k GP. If I have 3,799,999 GP - to what division will I be placed?

    3
  • Vaco
    12 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Vaco wrote: »
    Yes... Fleet dont count... I won 2...still Zero of eighteen... Guild mates dont have the issue
    Known bug. It's counting squad arena.

    Thanks a lot for this Information.
  • I don't understand why CG doesn't use the winner moves up loser moves down system.

    Set everyone's GAC points based on their character GP for non-fleet GACs. When a player wins, their GAC points increase and they move up in position. When they lose subtract GAC points. End of a championship rewards are based on total GAC points.
  • Vaco
    12 posts Member
    Ok... I thought they fix this? no4jidvnh4c9.jpg
  • Vaco wrote: »
    Ok... I thought they fix this? no4jidvnh4c9.jpg

    P2W is WAI.
  • Vaco wrote: »
    Ok... I thought they fix this? no4jidvnh4c9.jpg

    It was fixed for the exhibition... this is not a exhibition, it's the real official GAC.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »

    I think i am very disappointed... so it will still be possible for a 4.7 mio player to win kyber div 1 with medium speed mods abd medium cooked toons as seen last round? Wow.
    I would recommend that at least the name championship is renamed following from toady to GA roulette. This is definetly not what i was looking for . Still completely obsure and non-transparent algorithm on matchmaking, still not clear what is the cg definition of "best player". Anorher pr desaster. Very unsatisfactory.

    You're confusing best "roster" with best "player". Beating up on someone due to a huge roster edge doesn't make you a better "player"...it just means you have a better roster. The reality is that with only 12 matches per GAC event, some people are going to get better draws on matchmaking and some are going to get worse draws....and mods have never been part of matchmaking (other than what they contribute to a character's GP), nor should they. However, over time, the luck of the draw in matchmaking should tend to even out so that the cumulative overall Championship Score should be a better indicator than the score from only one GAC event.
  • No_Try
    3402 posts Member
    Anyone noticed the 5 minutes matchmaking countdown? I thought maybe they are doing something new. Then the league formed about 1 minutes afterwards and countdown went away.
  • GAC CANCELLED... well that's one way to fix a slew of errors upon kickoff. Anyone have faith it will work next time and that bugs will actually be fixed?

    I think they should have let this run because there are probally more undiscovered bugs like people incorrectly being set to 0 points and still some cross division going on but they pulled the plug before any new bugs could be seen...
  • Vaco
    12 posts Member
    It becomes bettet... Over 2.500 points... Thats magic pam4wc62agk3.jpg
  • Vaco wrote: »
    It becomes bettet... Over 2.500 points... Thats magic pam4wc62agk3.jpg

    Looks like he cleared all combat already. I know combat doesn't start until tomorrow.... there appears to be a bug where lots of people are a day behind or ahead of everyone else (yes I'm guessing here). Potentially he joined on saturday with others, set defenses yesterday, attacked today and got 1,000 bonus points at some point as well.
  • JMFT
    14 posts Member
    So we get 150 crystals for our troubles? What if my troubles was refreshing fleet arena for the feat then realizing its squad arena and refreshing 3 times there to get the feat knocked out. That’s 300 crystals, I get that was my choice but the reason they open feats a day early is to get crystals out of players like me. At least I get half back I guess.
  • JMFT wrote: »
    So we get 150 crystals for our troubles? What if my troubles was refreshing fleet arena for the feat then realizing its squad arena and refreshing 3 times there to get the feat knocked out. That’s 300 crystals, I get that was my choice but the reason they open feats a day early is to get crystals out of players like me. At least I get half back I guess.

    Why would you pay to refresh a feat on day 1 when you have 7 days to accomplish it?

    Isn't that wasting your own Crystal's? You dont get anything extra for doing it on day 1 so why spend the refreshes?

    Seems like a very bad decision on your part to rush to complete a 7 day challenge in 1 day for no benefit.
  • JMFT
    14 posts Member
    Yeah, I know. I was bored and had the crystals, pretty sure I acknowledged that in the post. My point is lots of people did that and CG knows they will so why just the 150 crystals. It’s only 2$ so not the end of the world just pointing it out.
  • I agree lots of people waste resources on things that dont help them at all. Thanks for pointing that out I guess.

    I dont think the reason feats open a day early is specifically to trick people into spending a bunch of Crystal's on something that doesn't matter.

    I think feats open early so you can have a extra day to do the combats and complete the feat WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND REFRESHES.

    Your correlation of fleets opening early as a reason to get Crystal's out of players lacks logic.
  • JMFT
    14 posts Member
    seems your on a crusade here so I’ll give you some context, I only drop to the teens in arena overnight. To make the feats easier I put in a crap team to drop down low enough that I can get the 15 battles on my climb. It’s for convenience and I’m sure lots of others do the same. One day I will have the patience of a saint like yourself, until then I’ll spend the 2$ in crystals to get it done in one shot rather than 2 battles a day. Sorry to have inconvenienced you with my frustration.
  • Roahn
    220 posts Member
    Still not receiving any credit for fleet arena wins. I see there going to give us some Crystal and GAC credits but are they going to fix the feat or at least take it off the board as it is not working.
  • Welcome to the party, Mark!
Sign In or Register to comment.