Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• I just signed up for GAC and while my lifetime points have been reset as per dev post I’ve randomly been assigned 450 lifetime points (whoopie-do). - any idea why that happened?
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    CG has decided to include bugs so eventually we will find it endearing, you know like Bethesda before they turned surprise mechanic happy like EA. Life is a circle
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    I just signed up for GAC and while my lifetime points have been reset as per dev post I’ve randomly been assigned 450 lifetime points (whoopie-do). - any idea why that happened?

The lifetime points were reset before the aborted GAC last week. If you managed to set a defense before it was cancelled, you scored points and these were not reset. A few people even managed to fight some battles and score points that way, as there was a tiny window where the attack phase was active.
  • The lifetime points were reset before the aborted GAC last week. If you managed to set a defense before it was cancelled, you scored points and these were not reset. A few people even managed to fight some battles and score points that way, as there was a tiny window where the attack phase was active.[/quote]

Thanks that makes sense. I should have worked it out
  • Well done CG, well donefj6e3dc1n930.png
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Is the "only setting one def squad" thing fixed? My opponent only has 90 GAC points and he defo has a disadvantage. Would slow me down on feats..
  • more points at 4 devision
    geiw137gqtax.png

• ZaBoR wrote: »
    more points at 4 devision
    geiw137gqtax.png

There is one in D10 as well.
  • My game is saying that I can no longer access GAC after I had already joined. I was in a division with 7 other teams and now the icon on the right side of the screen is gone and when I try to access through the Championships Icon, it says no active event, check back soon and I can't get back into my division. Who do I talk to fix this?
  • Bye Rounds? I guess they had brackets short of teams?
  • Guillaume
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Hello,

I never recived the invite for this grand arena. Am i the only one ???
  • ZaBoR
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Lilpup, same for mevfvcoptcgokq.png
    "due to players who received a bye in their round" is this mean that I'm that player that give "bye" at division 4?
  • 59yjj5sqmufr.png

Same issue than you ZaBoR
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    You left out "byes"....for the win...literally.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • How is it fair to give them a full round score, hardly anyone is capable of 1 shotting every team set on a defence?
  • How is it fair to give them a full round score, hardly anyone is capable of 1 shotting every team set on a defence?
    They also miss out on feat progression, which will cause complications for them going forward. Whether it's better or worse for them overall is debatable.

There is no clean way to handle a bye round. This way is not perfect, but it is also not unreasonable.
    Still not a he.
  • Kiloran
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    How is it fair to give them a full round score, hardly anyone is capable of 1 shotting every team set on a defence?

Did you even look at the people who got it or log right in to complain. Take a look and tell me it is even gonna make a difference. Also defense.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I'm pretty sure I pressed the join buttom, but after the fix to erase liftime score, I have no active events! Several players reporting this, on my fleet arena there are 3 of us with same issue, on this forum I've read multiple reports saying the same thing. Can you pls tell us something??? miu71bea1d2m.png
  • I'm also locked out although I joined. q9rhrfgatw22.jpg
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    ZaBoR wrote: »
    more points at 4 devision
    geiw137gqtax.png

There is one in D10 as well.

According to the devs this is normal scoring which I doubt.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212584/grand-arena-championship-score-issues#latest

Why do we have the auto-deploy for GA if the opponent get max points? Sorry but they are cheating or exploiting the game or the auto-deploy is broken.
  • Kiloran wrote: »
    How is it fair to give them a full round score, hardly anyone is capable of 1 shotting every team set on a defence?

Did you even look at the people who got it or log right in to complain. Take a look and tell me it is even gonna make a difference. Also defense.

I did take a look, and if they are playing players with equal rosters, as the matchmaking intends, then they have every chance of it being advantageous.

Also Defence, as I am from the UK, and you KNOW...... it's where ENGLISH originated.
  • AloaGoa
    29 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    What really makes me mad is that CG doesn't say anything about the lock out of people in this GAC although they joined. CG messed it up again and now they don't say anything. They are deleting topics in the bug section where this problem has been posted. Unbelievable but true.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • So i guess me and alot of other are going to struggle to reach kyber league i know i did not even get close last time
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Vicarious wrote: »

Can we please get matchmaking set back to how it was in regular GA?!?

no,

you can say it stinks now but it was putrid before
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Can we please get matchmaking set back to how it was in regular GA?!?

no,

you can say it stinks now but it was putrid before

Many many players disagree with you. Before it was set solely on GP. The matches were a whole lot closer for players at higher GP.

The current matchmaking is absolute garbage for players in division 1.

I don't support how it's currently, but I don't see how -before it was better for div 1- arguments work either. I'm a high gp f2p (4.9m currently). I was getting gross mismatches in different ways.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    We need a matchmaking system where we fight those with the same points to get a real #1 player...
  • We need a mode that doesn't require you to be perfect for a whole month straight. It's like the devs are completely insane setting the requirements so high and the game is sooo broken.

First round my game crashed vs enemy revan and bossk teams should I report him as cheating or report the game as being broken I feel like giving up on the rest of the month now because I have no shot at making kyber.

I have no shot at even winning this round because I lost 2 elite teams already to the game mode being completely broken. Between the cheating and failures by dev team I'm about ready to throw in the towel after 4 years