Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Please stop. This whole convo recently is embarrassing on all sides. Each of us can be better, I would hope.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Im not sure about my opponent, it is possible that he beat me fair and square but Im a bit suspicios. Do you know what happens if I report him? I dont want to report an innocent player.
  • I'm almost certain I joined GAC, but I did not get matched up in he first round. Does this mean I will miss out on the entire GAC, or just this first round? The feats are available and I assume the wouldn't be there had I not joined. I still it still possible to be included in subsequent rounds or do I get screwed out of the whole month long event?
  • GA is so wrong:
    - people who win are accused of cheating
    - People who lose are complaining about matchmaking
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    How a major gaming company like EA/CG didn’t put tools in the game in advance, to either prevent cheating altogether (server sided battles) or to collect the pertinent battle logs is mind blowing to me.
    This is a mobile game. Do you have any idea what server-side battles would do to data usage and performance? Imagine what adding latency to a timeout heavy meta like Kevan would do.

These are not decisions made in ignorance.
    Still not a he.
  • This first/last round of GAC was thrilling, at least for me.
    Used all my off teams and had 1 team left to beat and no real off team anymore, my opponent did the same, but seemed to have nothing left against my last team standing (chaze), and i was behind in points, so i needed to clear the area to win.
    The WIN was brought to me with my still underdeveloped OR team (70k) against that ok 76k Phoenix team, i finished the fight with few seconds left and i was sweating till the end, but i made it, was real fun!
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Sweating a 76k Phoenix team to the end lol

Whats so funny?
  • I am having an issue with GAC... I joined last night and it is not showing an active event for me. Please help! I am positive I joined last night. Is this a bye?
  • I am having an issue with GAC... I joined last night and it is not showing an active event for me. Please help! I am positive I joined last night. Is this a bye?

You have a forced bye for the next 3 rounds. No points will be gained. No kyber league for you.

The free points byes you actually get put into a less than 8 player bracket.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    GA is so wrong:
    - people who win are accused of cheating
    - People who lose are complaining about matchmaking
    In both scenarios, GA is blameless

Its the people that is the issue, and there is nothing CG can do to instill sportsmanship in players

Well, if you have nothing left, a 76k Phoenix team can be a problem ;)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • GA matching is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever seen CG/EA attempt. They do not even try to put in place a fair matching system .Basing matching purely on Galatiic Power is never going to produce a far result. SUGGEST RA go back to drawing board an put in place a proper matching system It seems whenever anything get hard at CG th simple y put it in too hard basket and hope the community doesn’t complain t loudly.
  • ColtIce666
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    When I read about people joining GAC and then it not showing up for them i chalked it up to user error until it happened to me. Now before asking if I'm sure i joined Let me explain my event joining ritual. I always join events with my main account 1st then immediately log in to my alt and sign up with it after making that mistake before. I do it this way so i don't accidentally miss events. Well guess who won the pony? Signed up both accounts as usual but my main account is excluded from this round. I tried chatting with support not that i thought anything would be done but my chat got cut short from their end 😒 i didn't bother trying again. I enjoy GAC very much but will be missing it this time through no fault of my own which is both frustrating and humourous at the same time. Whatever, i just wanted to complain a little as a have no suggestions to solve this issue

Edit to add having slapped people in the face and been slapped myself this feels nothing like that😂 as my face is neither red or have that burning stinging feeling
  • ColtIce666 wrote: »
    When I read about people joining GAC and then it not showing up for them i chalked it up to user error until it happened to me. Now before asking if I'm sure i joined Let me explain my event joining ritual. I always join events with my main account 1st then immediately log in to my alt and sign up with it after making that mistake before. I do it this way so i don't accidentally miss events. Well guess who won the pony? Signed up both accounts as usual but my main account is excluded from this round. I tried chatting with support not that i thought anything would be done but my chat got cut short from their end 😒 i didn't bother trying again. I enjoy GAC very much but will be missing it this time through no fault of my own which is both frustrating and humourous at the same time. Whatever, i just wanted to complain a little as a have no suggestions to solve this issue

Edit to add having slapped people in the face and been slapped myself this feels nothing like that😂 as my face is neither red or have that burning stinging feeling

I feel your pain. It sucks so bad!
  • Now this is what I call match made in heaven LOL Note that I have 10k+ arena wins,5+ fleet arena wins and the other guy has 300k less GP with less than 3k arena wins, 2k fleet arena wins LOL Top 80 GP matching is so AWESOME!!!

qvofm5d3bakt.png
  • Now this is what I call match made in heaven LOL Note that I have 10k+ arena wins,5+ fleet arena wins and the other guy has 300k less GP with less than 3k arena wins, 2k fleet arena wins LOL Top 80 GP matching is so AWESOME!!!

qvofm5d3bakt.png

You both have 71 gear 12 characters...exactly 71.

You have more GP... even have more g11 than him...

He paid for a bunch of g13 so that's got to be excluded from matchmaking otherwise there is no real advantage to him getting g13 so fast.

if cg matches the best vs the best then that means the more you spend the harder opponents get which wouldn't be an incentive to spend.

If they make g13 add 30% gp like it adds 30% power all the people with 80 g13 would just end up fighting each other.

• Once again I have not received my GAC division 4 rewards. This has happen 3 times in a row!!

Back in August I didn't receive them and EA support gave them to me the next day.

Last week I didn't get them and they just told me to wait until a hard fix comes out.

And again today I didn't receive this last round of GAC...

Getting really frustrated and was told just to refer to the GAC mega thread for any updates...
  • Just wanted to say I had to join GAC twice this time.

When it first became available yesterday I clicked on the event notification icon, which took me to GAC. I clicked Join, checked to see if there were new feats added, clicked Enter to verify I'm signed up by making sure it says, "CURRENT EVENT," at the top and, " <me> vs Opponent: ???"

Two hours later I wanted to check feats again so I clicked directly on the Championship holotable icon on the left (instead of the Grand Arena Event icon on the right) and, lo and behold, the Join button was there again. I joined. Again.

CG is not going to fix this because they still don't believe there's an issue with their code, according to their dev response saying it's the player's fault.

So I suppose I will be checking my GAC sign-ups several times/day from now until I quit playing. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it is another annoyance that piles up, eventually causing players to go find something else more enjoyable to do.
  • Praesideus
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Yeah i didnt get to next GAC :( . I joined right after event became available but now just says no active event. Kinda sucks cant even trust the joining anymore, filed bug report but what good does it do.. event being active. So there goes my progress.

EDIT: For real.. to prevent stupid bugs like that, why cant we just join to one championship at a time. Why does there even need to be separate joins for each matchup?
  • I know I joined this GAC. Was top 200 in division 1. Now I get the no events available. What gives? I clicked join right away after it became available yesterday because I've been near the top this GAC. Checked several times today and I still had joined. Now it started and I'm not in there. Really frustrating. Is there anything that can be done?
  • Im on the same boat, and this blows. Kinda stupid we drop out middle of championships. I didnt experience the double join issue that was posted above. I joined the event after previous ended and saw the question mark for next opponent. Then looked at feats. But i never went back to check on the status which i now regret :( It really blows when it comes to ranking..
  • I have been checking all day because I was ready for it start and I know I joined and had the ??? For opponents. The only thing that was different was that Google downloaded the title update about 1 hour before GAC started. So did the update download and then it kicked you out of joining GAC? I'm so **** at this.
  • 5my7337gbr8t.jpg
    My first ga enemy, I don't have a single gear 13 character, bad luck I guess. Let's see how it will go, im curious 😏
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    5my7337gbr8t.jpg
    My first ga enemy, I don't have a single gear 13 character, bad luck I guess. Let's see how it will go, im curious 😏

He has one? Pretty sure that's not a sign of a mismatch
  • No? This is another ga enemy of mine: z0wnlmd8hu1s.jpg
    Funny eh? I had miss matches before, but this is ridiculous...
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    Nothing happens when you report a player in game, at least that’s what many players have concluded... unless of course it’s blatantly obvious that the reported player has cheated. Even still, sometimes those players get a pass for whatever reason.

CG simply does not have the staff to go over every player who is reported for cheating and obviously they don’t have any good tools at their disposal (if any) to help with the process. CG will simply look at the number of banners a player earned and make a decision solely based on that, again at least that’s what many players believe. It has been proven that after a player finishes a battle the only info that goes back to CG is either a Win, Loss, Points earned (raids), and for GAC the number of banners earned.

How a major gaming company like EA/CG didn’t put tools in the game in advance, to either prevent cheating altogether (server sided battles) or to collect the pertinent battle logs is mind blowing to me.

CG has known about these cheats since the old days of Tournaments using Ally Points but didn’t even acknowledge it until Bulldog made his now infamous video.

Really shows they only care about one thing and one thing only... the quick buck.

Anti-cheating algorithms would be ridiculously simple. 1. Check mods. 2. Simulate battle and check final report. 3. Check order, focus of attacks, and length of battle compared to actions performed.

They just updated the cheating system today. You can now add a message when reporting someone. That only took like 4 years? And you cant report people you've previously reported. The only way to report someone otherwide is to private message CG_Leviathan on this forum, and that account has been gone since August 29, 2019. That is a ridiculously inept system for anti-cheating.

I hope they are able to make all of these adjustments in the spirit of fair play. Some free stuff would be nice too! *wink*

I absolutely love this game, and I hope it lasts for years to come.
  • I joined ga yesterday and it hasn't aknowleded it. I was sat around constantly inspecting the ga section. Wondering why it felt different. Literally jusy spent money. To get ga ready. And a bug which doesn't seem to be acknowledged.. But many are experiencing is ruining peoples games. To the point where they want to quit.

When will something being done? I will quit the game and stop spending money. As I'm. Sure others will to. Its unacceptable.
  • I don’t mind losing but man do I hate losing to a guy who has only one really good squad. Smh no strategy at all needed. Just pay for a great squad your opponents can’t counter and your guaranteed a win. c45wvvovwvjv.png
    dyrp0txapkoz.png