Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

  • Two other notes:

    1) This action clearly shows me CG does not care about players who really do care about the game (and, many of whom spend a lot of $ on the game) - how can CG ruin this GAC for so many who wanted to ensure their rosters were sufficiently prepared for GAC (an essential part of the game and this competition) and just brush this off?

    2) The in game screen still reads "Player Lock In: 1 h 52m" - same as it did in prior GAC's - doesn't this imply a join period and a lock, like it's always been?

    The lack of notification about this was atrocious - even TVF agreed with that point...
  • It looks like it's a fraud action against players. Is there a way to start a law case about that? Reasons: 1) They say that roster will be locked in 1 hour but in fact it has already been locked before. 2) We haven't been told about that inside the game. And I'm sure EULA doesn't obligate users to read forums (where it was posted inside the topic about completely other case). 3) We don't have a button to disconnect (like in TW). And of course, ship omegas in rewards (come on, we can farm them by using energy)
  • TVF
    17348 posts Member
    Good luck.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Its a game, a game played on a phone. Enjoy it, and don't take it so seriously....
  • I can't use my brand new Malak in this GAC?!?! This is a disappointment to say the least
  • Ultra
    4249 posts Member
    Are you implying I (and others with this opinion) are taking the game too seriously? I can't tell from the way you wrote this ^^^

    What does your italicized "play" mean?
    It’s a running joke in these forums that TVF doesn’t really play the game

    So it was a joke on that not a dig on anyone else
  • JimmieL
    4 posts Member
    edited November 17
    Double post, ugh.
    Post edited by JimmieL on
  • I haven't posted anything in the past, but I felt as if this was important enough to share.
    I play GAC because I enjoy it, not for the rewards. Sure, the rewards are a bonus, and could get better, but they're still secondary. Pushing myself to perfecting my attack strategy, competing with my guild on who is the most efficient, that's why I play.

    But with the change to ships, I felt like a part of the motivator has been removed. Not the fact that the ships are there, but the fact that it's near impossible to reach Kyber. In Division 2 you still need 35 500 points to reach Kyber. In the past, I've seen people with a win-lose record of 10-2 reach Kyber, but the safest bet is 11-1 or 12-0. However, if we simply look at the basic arithmatics of the introduction of ships, we'll probably see something way different.
    For each round, simply based on the team setup, you'll get 160 banners fewer and that's assuming you full clear your opponent. That's 1920 banners fewer in the entire GAC. These numbers do not take into consideration the fact that you have one team less to be efficient against, further reducing the number of banners you get per round, and the fact that (in my humble opinion) ships are more difficult being efficient in and thus resulting in even fewer banners. With these new numbers it's going to be difficult reach Kyber even with a 12-0 record, simply because you still need to compensate for an additional 920 lost banners.

    Since the strive towards Kyber is ONE of the motivators, it is my opinion that this needs to be addressed.

    I've got a few suggestions:
    1) Reduce the number of banners required to reach Kyber (this is imbalanced between Division 1+2 and the rest as it is).
    2) Use easy to complete feats to compensate for this, because for most of us feats were already needed to make sure you reached Kyber.
    3) Compensate players in banners or rewards to accommodate the difference.

    Hopefully you'll read this and address it in some way.

    Ta!

    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Ultra
    4249 posts Member
    You can reach Kyber this GAC even with 6 losses in division @JimmieL
  • Missed the 1600 banners instead of 1000 for a win, sorry for the rant! Still think that should have been clarified, but I withdraw my slight anger. Thanks for pointing out my mistake @Ultra
  • moved to 1st division, because at some point in time - approx. a month ago, I've got to 4517k gp total power. I've lowered my gp to just below 4.5M and still got moved to 1st. need clarification on the rules, please
  • The matchmaking with fleets make things even worse. They are still pairing people with top 80 characters GP, not considering too much how many relics and so on. I am in Division 1 but only under 5M total GP, facing opponents with max. 700k more GP in my group. I used to love the GA game mode but since they changed the matchmaking system, I hardly manage to get a win in each round. I went from winning 80% to fighting for that second last spot now each round or losing 80%. This is no fun at all to be frank. I have a decent roster at my GP level but the opponents are insanely difficult. I haven’t been able to secure a zeta mat since they launched GAC. I spent quite a bit on this game but seems like the return is not proportional. Fix the matchmaking CG, please.
  • TVF
    17348 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Are you implying I (and others with this opinion) are taking the game too seriously? I can't tell from the way you wrote this ^^^

    What does your italicized "play" mean?
    It’s a running joke in these forums that TVF doesn’t really play the game

    Is it a joke though?

    Hmmmm.....
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    3812 posts Member
    The matchmaking with fleets make things even worse. They are still pairing people with top 80 characters GP, not considering too much how many relics and so on. I am in Division 1 but only under 5M total GP, facing opponents with max. 700k more GP in my group. I used to love the GA game mode but since they changed the matchmaking system, I hardly manage to get a win in each round. I went from winning 80% to fighting for that second last spot now each round or losing 80%. This is no fun at all to be frank. I have a decent roster at my GP level but the opponents are insanely difficult. I haven’t been able to secure a zeta mat since they launched GAC. I spent quite a bit on this game but seems like the return is not proportional. Fix the matchmaking CG, please.

    Are we firm it's top 80 with no fleet ingredient? If that's the case it's plain out wrong.
  • I know this is the first time anybody mentions this:
    GAC matchmaking is still fricking cow excrement!

    Matching me (no DR, no Malak, no GAS) with somebody who has all these plus multiple other G13 meta toons is exactly that.

    Fudging Cow Excrement!!!

    It would not be hard for CG to take meta toons into consideration when matchmaking, but I guess the time CG cared about its players was never.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    I know this is the first time anybody mentions this:
    GAC matchmaking is still fricking cow excrement!

    Matching me (no DR, no Malak, no GAS) with somebody who has all these plus multiple other G13 meta toons is exactly that.

    Fudging Cow Excrement!!!

    It would not be hard for CG to take meta toons into consideration when matchmaking, but I guess the time CG cared about its players was never.

    And my other opponent don’t look much different. How can you match up somebody who has a 7-star G13 relic 7 Malak with somebody who doesn’t even have DR yet???
  • No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.
  • No_Try
    3812 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    The game is not dying lol. On the contrary they are earning in spades exactly due to that -whale content-.
  • Jack1210
    318 posts Member
    edited November 10
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    Dude just because you've geared up toons that aren't as good does not mean matchmaking is bad. Get the good teams for christs sake. Who are your top 20 characters?
    These meta and admittedly OP teams are a hard/slow farm, therefore they should be very strong.
  • Bug report
    The First Order Icon Mission
    I used merely 3 First Order Characters as the requirements to attack and won , but I not received the Icon and the mission still in 0/1 yet.
  • KyoO1234
    171 posts Member
    edited November 10
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    Dude just because you've geared up toons that aren't as good does not mean matchmaking is bad. Get the good teams for christs sake. Who are your top 20 characters?
    These meta and admittedly OP teams are a hard/slow farm, therefore they should be very strong.

    No, that’s exactly what it means. You wouldn’t have a car race between a Smart and a Ferrari and call it a fair match because the Smart driver was only able to afford a Smart.

    I am really getting tired of this nonsense argument.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    Dude just because you've geared up toons that aren't as good does not mean matchmaking is bad. Get the good teams for christs sake. Who are your top 20 characters?
    These meta and admittedly OP teams are a hard/slow farm, therefore they should be very strong.

    No, that’s exactly what it means. You wouldn’t have a car race between a Smart and a Ferrari and call it a fair match because the Smart driver was only able to afford a Smart.

    I am really getting tired of this nonsense argument.

    Stop investing in smart cars! Time or money is how you afford these teams. In your case, it will take longer than a whale, but guess what? You won't be matched with the whale until you have this "Ferrari". Unless you power up a weaker faction, with a similar gp, since it is quicker/easier farm.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    Dude just because you've geared up toons that aren't as good does not mean matchmaking is bad. Get the good teams for christs sake. Who are your top 20 characters?
    These meta and admittedly OP teams are a hard/slow farm, therefore they should be very strong.

    No, that’s exactly what it means. You wouldn’t have a car race between a Smart and a Ferrari and call it a fair match because the Smart driver was only able to afford a Smart.

    I am really getting tired of this nonsense argument.

    Stop investing in smart cars! Time or money is how you afford these teams. In your case, it will take longer than a whale, but guess what? You won't be matched with the whale until you have this "Ferrari". Unless you power up a weaker faction, with a similar gp, since it is quicker/easier farm.

    Again your point doesn’t make sense. With your same argument you could throw the whole GP matching out the window because the person with more GP just invested more time/money. So matching 3m GP with 5m GP is fair?
  • Bug report
    The First Order Icon Mission
    I used merely 3 First Order Characters as the requirements to attack and won , but I not received the Icon and the mission still in 0/1 yet.

    Did you use the Kylos? The do not count as FO military
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out Wa Da Tah on Discord: https://discord.gg/SFYjRkk
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    Dude just because you've geared up toons that aren't as good does not mean matchmaking is bad. Get the good teams for christs sake. Who are your top 20 characters?
    These meta and admittedly OP teams are a hard/slow farm, therefore they should be very strong.

    No, that’s exactly what it means. You wouldn’t have a car race between a Smart and a Ferrari and call it a fair match because the Smart driver was only able to afford a Smart.

    I am really getting tired of this nonsense argument.

    Stop investing in smart cars! Time or money is how you afford these teams. In your case, it will take longer than a whale, but guess what? You won't be matched with the whale until you have this "Ferrari". Unless you power up a weaker faction, with a similar gp, since it is quicker/easier farm.

    Again your point doesn’t make sense. With your same argument you could throw the whole GP matching out the window because the person with more GP just invested more time/money. So matching 3m GP with 5m GP is fair?

    Good lord man. Yes, the person with more GP did in fact invest more time or money than you. And you think I'm saying that a 3m GP should match with a 5m GP? C'mon man that is an asinine statement, nowhere in my argument am I saying this......
    Again, who are your top characters? Do you have a swgoh.gg so we can provide advice on how to beat these "extremely unfair opponents stocked with ferraris"? Total GP puts you in a division, then the top xx toons are what you are matched by. It seems the issue is that your top xx is littered with easy to acquire and therefore generally weaker teams, while you opponents have been smart about their resources in this game. What you are asking for is mirror-matches on mirror-matches. How does that sound fun at all? Other than the revans, most teams have easily acquired counters, go get them buddy.
  • TVF
    17348 posts Member
    I hate CG so much. They are holding star wars fans hostage!

    Send help!
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just need to vent when my GAC matchup is 4.4M GP vs 3.8M - 55 G12s to 38. 3 full G12 teams is a bit much to overcome....
  • BobcatSkywalker
    1015 posts Member
    edited November 11
    Jamethiel wrote: »
    Just need to vent when my GAC matchup is 4.4M GP vs 3.8M - 55 G12s to 38. 3 full G12 teams is a bit much to overcome....

    Can u post proof? This shouldnt be happening as it would mean cross division matchmaking has returned (devs removed cross division a while ago)
  • I'm so tired of losing in GAC to opponents who just flat out have better squads then me.

    Sure I get they take the top 80 characters and try to average out the total GP, but it still fails to take in a lot of other considerations in those 80 toons.

    Mods is the biggest thing that they overlook. If my opponent out gears me on MODS and total speed it is really frustrating to play in GAC.

    I realize you can't make everyone happy, but do more people play GAC, or do more people just throw up some junk to get the base tier rewards and not waist there time. More and more I feel like I see my guild and friends list at 15 to 20K in total banners.

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.
Sign In or Register to comment.