Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    Dude just because you've geared up toons that aren't as good does not mean matchmaking is bad. Get the good teams for christs sake. Who are your top 20 characters?
    These meta and admittedly OP teams are a hard/slow farm, therefore they should be very strong.

    No, that’s exactly what it means. You wouldn’t have a car race between a Smart and a Ferrari and call it a fair match because the Smart driver was only able to afford a Smart.

    I am really getting tired of this nonsense argument.

    Stop investing in smart cars! Time or money is how you afford these teams. In your case, it will take longer than a whale, but guess what? You won't be matched with the whale until you have this "Ferrari". Unless you power up a weaker faction, with a similar gp, since it is quicker/easier farm.

    Again your point doesn’t make sense. With your same argument you could throw the whole GP matching out the window because the person with more GP just invested more time/money. So matching 3m GP with 5m GP is fair?

    Good lord man. Yes, the person with more GP did in fact invest more time or money than you. And you think I'm saying that a 3m GP should match with a 5m GP? C'mon man that is an asinine statement, nowhere in my argument am I saying this......
    Again, who are your top characters? Do you have a swgoh.gg so we can provide advice on how to beat these "extremely unfair opponents stocked with ferraris"? Total GP puts you in a division, then the top xx toons are what you are matched by. It seems the issue is that your top xx is littered with easy to acquire and therefore generally weaker teams, while you opponents have been smart about their resources in this game. What you are asking for is mirror-matches on mirror-matches. How does that sound fun at all? Other than the revans, most teams have easily acquired counters, go get them buddy.

    I know the counters for all teams. But tell me how I counter a relic 7 Malak team if I don’t have Malak.

    I have a GG relic 5 nuke team, but even that simply doesn’t cut it against such an opponent.

    With my Padme Galactic Republic team I can get rid of a Revan team, but that’s it.

    Believe me I appreciate you trying to provide advice, but I play this game probably longer than you and lack of advice is not the issue here.

    The issue is bad matchmaking and people saying: Move along. Nothing to see here!

    With balanced opponents GAC is actually a lot of fun because you look at your opponents toons and try to anticipate which teams he/she will use for offense vs defense, plan your strategy accordingly as well as how much risk are you willing to take to get the maximum points.

    But the fudging cow excrement matchmaking ruins all that. Not I look at my opponents toons and think: What’s the point of even spending a second on GAC...

    And unfortunately this becomes more and more true for the rest of the game as well.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    Dude just because you've geared up toons that aren't as good does not mean matchmaking is bad. Get the good teams for christs sake. Who are your top 20 characters?
    These meta and admittedly OP teams are a hard/slow farm, therefore they should be very strong.

    No, that’s exactly what it means. You wouldn’t have a car race between a Smart and a Ferrari and call it a fair match because the Smart driver was only able to afford a Smart.

    I am really getting tired of this nonsense argument.

    Stop investing in smart cars! Time or money is how you afford these teams. In your case, it will take longer than a whale, but guess what? You won't be matched with the whale until you have this "Ferrari". Unless you power up a weaker faction, with a similar gp, since it is quicker/easier farm.

    Again your point doesn’t make sense. With your same argument you could throw the whole GP matching out the window because the person with more GP just invested more time/money. So matching 3m GP with 5m GP is fair?

    Good lord man. Yes, the person with more GP did in fact invest more time or money than you. And you think I'm saying that a 3m GP should match with a 5m GP? C'mon man that is an asinine statement, nowhere in my argument am I saying this......
    Again, who are your top characters? Do you have a swgoh.gg so we can provide advice on how to beat these "extremely unfair opponents stocked with ferraris"? Total GP puts you in a division, then the top xx toons are what you are matched by. It seems the issue is that your top xx is littered with easy to acquire and therefore generally weaker teams, while you opponents have been smart about their resources in this game. What you are asking for is mirror-matches on mirror-matches. How does that sound fun at all? Other than the revans, most teams have easily acquired counters, go get them buddy.

    I know the counters for all teams. But tell me how I counter a relic 7 Malak team if I don’t have Malak.

    I have a GG relic 5 nuke team, but even that simply doesn’t cut it against such an opponent.

    With my Padme Galactic Republic team I can get rid of a Revan team, but that’s it.

    Believe me I appreciate you trying to provide advice, but I play this game probably longer than you and lack of advice is not the issue here.

    The issue is bad matchmaking and people saying: Move along. Nothing to see here!

    With balanced opponents GAC is actually a lot of fun because you look at your opponents toons and try to anticipate which teams he/she will use for offense vs defense, plan your strategy accordingly as well as how much risk are you willing to take to get the maximum points.

    But the fudging cow excrement matchmaking ruins all that. Not I look at my opponents toons and think: What’s the point of even spending a second on GAC...

    And unfortunately this becomes more and more true for the rest of the game as well.

    At this point, if you can't counter Malak and you decided not to get your own Malak, you can't blame matchmaking.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No wonder this game is dying.

    In the past we always had new people asking to join our guild, but now more and more people quit because of this FCE and no new players show up.

    @CG if you want to keep this game alive just throwing us new whale content is not good enough. It’s a gross miscalculation on your side.

    Dude just because you've geared up toons that aren't as good does not mean matchmaking is bad. Get the good teams for christs sake. Who are your top 20 characters?
    These meta and admittedly OP teams are a hard/slow farm, therefore they should be very strong.

    No, that’s exactly what it means. You wouldn’t have a car race between a Smart and a Ferrari and call it a fair match because the Smart driver was only able to afford a Smart.

    I am really getting tired of this nonsense argument.

    Stop investing in smart cars! Time or money is how you afford these teams. In your case, it will take longer than a whale, but guess what? You won't be matched with the whale until you have this "Ferrari". Unless you power up a weaker faction, with a similar gp, since it is quicker/easier farm.

    Again your point doesn’t make sense. With your same argument you could throw the whole GP matching out the window because the person with more GP just invested more time/money. So matching 3m GP with 5m GP is fair?

    Good lord man. Yes, the person with more GP did in fact invest more time or money than you. And you think I'm saying that a 3m GP should match with a 5m GP? C'mon man that is an asinine statement, nowhere in my argument am I saying this......
    Again, who are your top characters? Do you have a swgoh.gg so we can provide advice on how to beat these "extremely unfair opponents stocked with ferraris"? Total GP puts you in a division, then the top xx toons are what you are matched by. It seems the issue is that your top xx is littered with easy to acquire and therefore generally weaker teams, while you opponents have been smart about their resources in this game. What you are asking for is mirror-matches on mirror-matches. How does that sound fun at all? Other than the revans, most teams have easily acquired counters, go get them buddy.

    I know the counters for all teams. But tell me how I counter a relic 7 Malak team if I don’t have Malak.

    I have a GG relic 5 nuke team, but even that simply doesn’t cut it against such an opponent.

    With my Padme Galactic Republic team I can get rid of a Revan team, but that’s it.

    Believe me I appreciate you trying to provide advice, but I play this game probably longer than you and lack of advice is not the issue here.

    The issue is bad matchmaking and people saying: Move along. Nothing to see here!

    With balanced opponents GAC is actually a lot of fun because you look at your opponents toons and try to anticipate which teams he/she will use for offense vs defense, plan your strategy accordingly as well as how much risk are you willing to take to get the maximum points.

    But the fudging cow excrement matchmaking ruins all that. Not I look at my opponents toons and think: What’s the point of even spending a second on GAC...

    And unfortunately this becomes more and more true for the rest of the game as well.

    I feel you on the relic malaks, there's nothing you can do. But you can best those people, with the perfect strategy and some luck. You have to bait them and hide a good team then do your best to out-banner them. That said, you have two teams that can beat malaks, keep gearing them and it can happen
  • Jamethiel wrote: »
    Just need to vent when my GAC matchup is 4.4M GP vs 3.8M - 55 G12s to 38. 3 full G12 teams is a bit much to overcome....

    Can u post proof? This shouldnt be happening as it would mean cross division matchmaking has returned (devs removed cross division a while ago)

    That's actually the division I believe, 3.8-4.49. imo they should cut that into two. 3.8-4.09 and 4.1-4.49 (or something similar)
  • Lost my ga due to the game crashing on my last battle y’all need to fix these severs
  • Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    Maybe you need to improve your roster then?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.
  • rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    Or to give more constructive criticism:
    1) Fix how gear and relics are reflected in GP
    2) Consider meta toons in matchmaking or reflect those accordingly through GP
    3) Avoid GP differences of more than 5%

    There are many ways to fix GAC matchmaking. Blame the victims is not one of them.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    Let us know if you see a 1m vs 5m matchup.

    Regardless, the only thing you can control is building a better roster.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    Let us know if you see a 1m vs 5m matchup.

    Regardless, the only thing you can control is building a better roster.

    I think his point is a better roster wont make better matchmaking so regardless how many times you say it, it doesn't address his issue which is with matchmaking across all rosters big and small.
  • I've been farming Mods for a few months now, I'm not spending the 150 crystals in refreshes for this, because there are so many other items my crystals go towards.

    I get a good Mod with +5, level it up, and it's still +5....

    A lot of luck goes into this, I realize, but there is a reason the top 25 players in my arena never change. They all have a crap ton of MODS with +20 speed, which I don't.

    When going first makes the difference between a win and a lose, its hard to beat someone with toons that have amazing speed Mods.

    Nothing I can do but lose.
  • TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    Let us know if you see a 1m vs 5m matchup.

    Regardless, the only thing you can control is building a better roster.

    I think his point is a better roster wont make better matchmaking so regardless how many times you say it, it doesn't address his issue which is with matchmaking across all rosters big and small.

    Thank you. That was exactly my point.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    How's that relevant in an argument over mods?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dramgon wrote: »
    I've been farming Mods for a few months now, I'm not spending the 150 crystals in refreshes for this, because there are so many other items my crystals go towards.

    I get a good Mod with +5, level it up, and it's still +5....

    A lot of luck goes into this, I realize, but there is a reason the top 25 players in my arena never change. They all have a crap ton of MODS with +20 speed, which I don't.

    When going first makes the difference between a win and a lose, its hard to beat someone with toons that have amazing speed Mods.

    Nothing I can do but lose.

    I've been doing 3*50 since mods 2.0. Nothing to do with luck but investment. In the first round I got matched with someone with 32 g13s to my 16, but he/she also had less than half the amount of 10+s. The outcome was an easy win for me since he/she got stuck on my faster teams. If you don't have the mods to match the average player of your gp grade you are putting yourself at a serious disadvantage. Then -better places to invest- is only hurting you since you keep gaining gp.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    How's that relevant in an argument over mods?

    How is that relevant in a argument over GAC matchmaking?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    How's that relevant in an argument over mods?

    How is that relevant in a argument over GAC matchmaking?

    The post you and me are replying to riffs specifically on mods impact/lack of it on matchmaking. Not your absurd 1m to 5m hyperboles.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    Let us know if you see a 1m vs 5m matchup.

    Regardless, the only thing you can control is building a better roster.

    I think his point is a better roster wont make better matchmaking so regardless how many times you say it, it doesn't address his issue which is with matchmaking across all rosters big and small.

    Ah so the matchmaking is out to get him. OK.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Dramgon wrote: »
    I've been farming Mods for a few months now, I'm not spending the 150 crystals in refreshes for this, because there are so many other items my crystals go towards.

    I get a good Mod with +5, level it up, and it's still +5....

    A lot of luck goes into this, I realize, but there is a reason the top 25 players in my arena never change. They all have a crap ton of MODS with +20 speed, which I don't.

    When going first makes the difference between a win and a lose, its hard to beat someone with toons that have amazing speed Mods.

    Nothing I can do but lose.

    If you cannot prioritize spending a minimal amount of crystals to improve what sound like mediocre mods, then you need to narrow your focus. It sounds like you are not willing to spend a single crystal on mods. That is the problem. Do you really think these top arena people haven't invested heavily in mod farming? A few 20+ speed could be stupid luck, but a crap ton takes a while lot of focus on mods
  • No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    How's that relevant in an argument over mods?

    How is that relevant in a argument over GAC matchmaking?

    The post you and me are replying to riffs specifically on mods impact/lack of it on matchmaking. Not your absurd 1m to 5m hyperboles.

    His hyperboles are getting more and more absurd as we go
  • The rewards for this GAC are terrible. Ship omegas can be farmed in fleet battles. You know what you cannot farm? Zetas. A month of work and no Zetas? WASTE OF TIME
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    Moechenche wrote: »
    The rewards for this GAC are terrible. Ship omegas can be farmed in fleet battles. You know what you cannot farm? Zetas.

    Fleet store would like a word with you.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    How's that relevant in an argument over mods?

    How is that relevant in a argument over GAC matchmaking?

    The post you and me are replying to riffs specifically on mods impact/lack of it on matchmaking. Not your absurd 1m to 5m hyperboles.

    His hyperboles are getting more and more absurd as we go

    Really? The only absurd thing here is your and No_Try’s defense of the current matchmaking system. All I did was follow through with your argument to show you how absurd it is. Guess you got it now.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I would like to see the 1m and 5m accounts that have the same matchmaking GP (assuming they were even counting the same number of units which of course they are not). That would be quite impressive.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    I would like to see the 1m and 5m accounts that have the same matchmaking GP (assuming they were even counting the same number of units which of course they are not). That would be quite impressive.

    A squirrel riding a whale would also be quite impressive but it would be more likely.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »

    I'm going to join them, and put this crap in my rear view. Might as well place all my hardest teams on Defense, just to screw over my opponents.

    ...and screw over people that have nothing to do with it. Bravo, that's so mature of you. You must be great at parties.

    Yes, People hate me at parties too. That's why I don't get invited and I sit at home trying to win at SWGOH, but can't because I face people with faster, better teams because GAC doesn't match people evenly.

    If I'm placing half my best squads on defense, and using the other half on offense, and can't break through to the back territories against my opponents because they have a lot of faster MODS and better geared characters then where is the fun in GAC.

    Start slicing. I don't have the greatest mods, nothing over +20 speed but I have a ton in the teens and I really haven't invested that heavily in mod farming. I'll get slicing mats till I can slice a substantial amount, get rid of bad ones, farm more mods. Rinse, repeat. If you start dropping only 150 crystals into that cycle it will go quite quickly and soon you'll have plenty of solid mods to bridge the gap

    Great simple advice.

    All those “great” simple advices only to justify a broken matchmaking system?

    I already wrote multiple examples here why the matchmaking is not fair. @TVF and others:
    With your argument you can match 1mil GP players with 5mil GP players. No problem. The 1mil GP players just need to “improve their roster”

    It really gets old to read all the lame excuses why everything BUT the matchmaking system is to blame.

    How's that relevant in an argument over mods?

    How is that relevant in a argument over GAC matchmaking?

    The post you and me are replying to riffs specifically on mods impact/lack of it on matchmaking. Not your absurd 1m to 5m hyperboles.

    His hyperboles are getting more and more absurd as we go

    Really? The only absurd thing here is your and No_Try’s defense of the current matchmaking system. All I did was follow through with your argument to show you how absurd it is. Guess you got it now.

    Dude you are asking for a mirror match filled GAC. Why do you want that? You prioritized teams that maybe you like, and passed on the tough and slow farms. Any FTP player could have malak by now at the cost of one or two other easier-to-acquire squads. I don't have DR or Malak and just beat someone who had both revans and a relic'd EP. I have a relic JKR and Daka.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    Wow I'm still getting tagged. Quite an impressive quote chain. Not as impressive as a 1m squirrel riding a 5m whale, but impressive nevertheless.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.