• KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Anybody tell me how this is fair matchmaking:
    Me:
    30l1bb0xe2gi.png

My opponent:
    nmupnplxpp5v.png

Hard to tell anything based on three teams. That image could be explained with a simple difference in strategy (offense vs defense)

1) Both me and my opponent put strongest teams in defense. (I have 5 G13 toons and he has 10; 53 G12 vs. 57; he has 7 star DR, Malak, Traya, etc... I don’t!)
    2) This is representative for the last 3 GAC matchups I had.

So 3 times in a row I have been matched with 7 other players that were ALL significantly stronger than me!!!

It actually shows clearly the issue with the current matchmaking based on GP!!!

Yet you and others keep telling me the reason for that is everything else but the matchmaking. It is getting ridiculous at this point...

no, that image does not show anything at all, other than your opponents front line which is not cool unless he gave you permission.

As for your complaint about matchmaking: you can keep wishing it will change and not do anything to tailor your roster to the system, or you can focus on improving your key teams (def team that throw people off and counter-meta teams). If you get caught up in the numbers from some bot and not actually tailoring strategy to the situation, then you will just continually keep losing because they have made it clear they don't plan on changing the mm

1) Why would I need permission to share those screenshots?

2) I do not use any bots but look at my opponents toons. You tell me if my NS team is weaker or stronger than his!

You are probably some newbie player, but let’s talk about the flawed mm logic once your roster collected 3 years of toons!

Gaming the matchmaking system is not strategy. It just gives you an unfair advantage over players who are not able to do that.

When CG offers the ability to level down toons we can talk again!

I should know better than to continue discourse with someone who turns to insults in the 2nd response, but I can't hold back (mainly so I can flex my top 25 Kyber ranking).

First off, no, I am not some newbie player. I might not have 3 years (only 2, but my first year was spent in a guild where I didn't earn many zetas, and my idea of a great arena team was Nihilus lead), but like anyone who has been around any amount of time I have old characters who are just not that useful anymore, or are only good for ships.

What did I do instead of complain? Well, I enjoyed GA (and now GAC) so much that I decided to build my roster with it in mind at all times. This means I have focused on building meta and counter meta teams, with an emphasis on teams that can get high banners and be undersized. i am not recommending any sort of "gaming the system" like certain posters, but rather develop a roster designed for the game mode. It is a strategy, and it is one that has served me well by making Kyber every round (and all but one on my 1 year old alt account).

comparing NS teams is pointless. My last opponent had a better geos team than mine, so mm must be broken? Or the one before that who had a better Empire squad? Or anyone with a JTR team (since I don't have her)? Its all about roster composition, so to improve in GAC you need to improve your roster in ways that matter.

Finally, while you do not technically need permission to post images of your opponents defensive setup, it is very rude and unsportsmanlike. You are publicly showing his defensive philosophy to potential future opponents, which is not cool.

Anyways, I am sure you will respond to this with more name calling and "woe is me" whining to CG to change the MM to help you, so best of luck in your efforts to get a MM system that benefits you.

Wait! You specifically developed anti meta teams AND teams that can be used for undersized wins!

That's totally gaming the system! They should not allow people to do this !!!!!! It... IT... IT ARRRGGGG SO MAD.. it is sooooo unfair to all the people who just level up CUP amd all their other characters to g13 "just because".

How dare you "game the system" by developing counter teams and teams that can win undersized!!!!!!!!

We need lucifers daddy to comment on this kind of behavior... tisk tisk on you!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    There seems to be some confusion around dev statements about mm, from the announcements and q/a's:
    - They did not say they will not change mm again. They did change it between full test gac and first gac (increasing weight of invisible parameters) and they will always be looking to improve it. In case of a further change they will let us know.
    - MM is not going back to full gp paradigm of GA times

And what I deduced from this last GAC

- Even though inclusion of ships should have altered how mm works a little bit (as it's about defense slots*2), it still perfectly matches with the previous top X toon calculation and nothing suggests it now involves a ship oriented calculation to fit the template.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Anybody tell me how this is fair matchmaking:
    Me:
    30l1bb0xe2gi.png

My opponent:
    nmupnplxpp5v.png

Hard to tell anything based on three teams. That image could be explained with a simple difference in strategy (offense vs defense)

1) Both me and my opponent put strongest teams in defense. (I have 5 G13 toons and he has 10; 53 G12 vs. 57; he has 7 star DR, Malak, Traya, etc... I don’t!)
    2) This is representative for the last 3 GAC matchups I had.

So 3 times in a row I have been matched with 7 other players that were ALL significantly stronger than me!!!

It actually shows clearly the issue with the current matchmaking based on GP!!!

Yet you and others keep telling me the reason for that is everything else but the matchmaking. It is getting ridiculous at this point...

no, that image does not show anything at all, other than your opponents front line which is not cool unless he gave you permission.

As for your complaint about matchmaking: you can keep wishing it will change and not do anything to tailor your roster to the system, or you can focus on improving your key teams (def team that throw people off and counter-meta teams). If you get caught up in the numbers from some bot and not actually tailoring strategy to the situation, then you will just continually keep losing because they have made it clear they don't plan on changing the mm

1) Why would I need permission to share those screenshots?

2) I do not use any bots but look at my opponents toons. You tell me if my NS team is weaker or stronger than his!

You are probably some newbie player, but let’s talk about the flawed mm logic once your roster collected 3 years of toons!

Gaming the matchmaking system is not strategy. It just gives you an unfair advantage over players who are not able to do that.

When CG offers the ability to level down toons we can talk again!

I should know better than to continue discourse with someone who turns to insults in the 2nd response, but I can't hold back (mainly so I can flex my top 25 Kyber ranking).

First off, no, I am not some newbie player. I might not have 3 years (only 2, but my first year was spent in a guild where I didn't earn many zetas, and my idea of a great arena team was Nihilus lead), but like anyone who has been around any amount of time I have old characters who are just not that useful anymore, or are only good for ships.

What did I do instead of complain? Well, I enjoyed GA (and now GAC) so much that I decided to build my roster with it in mind at all times. This means I have focused on building meta and counter meta teams, with an emphasis on teams that can get high banners and be undersized. i am not recommending any sort of "gaming the system" like certain posters, but rather develop a roster designed for the game mode. It is a strategy, and it is one that has served me well by making Kyber every round (and all but one on my 1 year old alt account).

comparing NS teams is pointless. My last opponent had a better geos team than mine, so mm must be broken? Or the one before that who had a better Empire squad? Or anyone with a JTR team (since I don't have her)? Its all about roster composition, so to improve in GAC you need to improve your roster in ways that matter.

Finally, while you do not technically need permission to post images of your opponents defensive setup, it is very rude and unsportsmanlike. You are publicly showing his defensive philosophy to potential future opponents, which is not cool.

Anyways, I am sure you will respond to this with more name calling and "woe is me" whining to CG to change the MM to help you, so best of luck in your efforts to get a MM system that benefits you.

Wait! You specifically developed anti meta teams AND teams that can be used for undersized wins!

That's totally gaming the system! They should not allow people to do this !!!!!! It... IT... IT ARRRGGGG SO MAD.. it is sooooo unfair to all the people who just level up CUP amd all their other characters to g13 "just because".

How dare you "game the system" by developing counter teams and teams that can win undersized!!!!!!!!

We need lucifers daddy to comment on this kind of behavior... tisk tisk on you!

As I wrote in my other post: I don’t have a problem with people developing their roster. You are missing my point. So let me be simple:
    Matchmaking is flawed because it matches players that are no match!

Now I am happy to argue about how MM can be improved, but ignoring the issue is ... well ... ignorant.
  • I have somewhat 2 points to make that put me in to the center of the GAC matchmaking.

1: GAC matchmaking is certainly flawed. I had a completely f2p alt that I just login daily to collect daily and auto 2 arena and 1 fleet battles to complete daily, maybe 30 minutes top each day. That alt made to Kyber after deployment in round 1 of final bracket. I don’t research opponent, and just deploy a balance defense/offense first day and let game auto-assign them. Meanwhile, my nearly 4 year main account (also 100% f2p btw) struggled against accounts with double relics toon no matter hard I tried to research opponent and coming up with strategy.

2: that being said, as a 100% f2p, I don’t actually mind losing those matchup, they spent the money to keep this game going so let them enjoy their roster and spending a bit more. I still enjoy a lot when I beat them as an underdog. Basically every win of mine has been an underdog win so it feels pretty good when you pull a upset. It probably feel less achievement if I keep beating up other f2p players:) at end of the day, it is just a game. Everyone has different type of enjoyment, as long as you like the game play, I think the current imperfect matchmaking is not too bad.