Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• This is it, bye you **** developers , double down on the worst mode in the game and give the haves more , yay

👋
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    This is it, bye you **** developers , double down on the worst mode in the game and give the haves more , yay

👋

Bye Felicia 👋
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    This looks great! Thank you GA! Now we are not dependant on GP but actual skill. Move up leagues as you compete and win. GREAT JOB TEAM!
  • This is it, bye you **** developers , double down on the worst mode in the game and give the haves more , yay

And many people think GA is the best game mode.
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    This looks like the worst parts of all matchmaking thrown together. Reminder to EA/CG that rehashing a game mode is not new content. From my perspective this was wasted effort on your part.

It's not a rehashing of anything. GA was announced from the vary start to be a multi-stage process and we were told what we've been playing was only step 1 in the GA system. This has been the planned progression of GA from the start of it.
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    So I'm guessing that the different matchups throughout the championship would then be based on the current GA matchmaking system?
    garath wrote: »
    Well i was sick of perpetual grand arena and its broken match making, couldn't have imagined that they could dig further the already too deep well of annoyance... an unexpectedly well done job in this matter i must confess !
    For me personally GA doesn’t work. I’ve got a gp earnt through having many toons at reasonable levels, but non that are outstanding. This means I’m always pitted against players with the latest toughest squads so victory is never an option. This is a major flaw. Players in my guild regularly win or come in the top 3 with much lower gp, but more concentrated effort on fewer toons. I think a better balance needs to be found....otherwise the Championship version will be just as lacking in reward for players like me.

I guess you guys missed the announcement 2 weeks ago that GA matchmaking would be getting an updated formula starting with these GA Championships: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204353/improvements-to-grand-arena-matchmaking#latest
  • Tcetter
    55 posts Member
    Sounds dumb, why not fix ships and the other dozen things that suck first?
  • Kantouch
    54 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Kantouch wrote: »
    Rezalder wrote: »
    I’m most interested in the GP bracket:reward ratio. The best part of GA in the past was the equal rewards for newer and older players. This equality allowed us another game mode outside of squad arena where we can be competitive and not fall further behind the long time players.
    I struggle to understand this view. Why should someone who has invested no money into the game be able to achieve better rewards for beating easier players than someone who has spent thousands does for beating slightly less but much harder players? A ftp player who has only ever gotten the meta and GA/TW teams would be rewarded for not investing in the game with opponents they could more easily defeat, while players who bulked up would not only not benefit, but literally be punished with more difficult opponents. That seems absurd

In no way did I indicate “money spent on the game” in my post.

Right now, if a 6mon old player wins GA or squad arena, they get the same rewards as a 3yo player, regardless of how much, if any, money either spent.

Either player could, and would, face easier opponents at the beginning of GAC and their opponents would get more difficult as they win more.

If someone spent money faced someone that didn’t, and they both had the same GP, the winner should be decided by who was more focused on things that make their roster better, not strictly on who spent money.

Should someone that started 6mon ago and spent $1000 in that six months get less significant rewards than someone that started 3 years ago and spent $1000? What if neither spent money? What if one spent more?

If you can win every match they put you in at your GP, should it matter how much GP you have or money you spent to determine the quality of your rewards?

I struggle to understand YOUR point of view, sir.

The points is, that some invested a few month playing, get easy enemies and same rewards as a 3 year player, facing harder opponents, for the same rewards.
    That doesn't fit progress.
    Why would you level stuff, when you win anyways and also get the same rewards?

The older players already get the better raid rewards, ability to do all the little events for more rewards, availability of larger guilds for more TB/TW rewards, etc. they’re getting theirs for paying the dues.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    The more I read this the more I notice that this community can't have good things. Some people will complain about anything like **** no matter what it is just because they want to complain.
    This is it, bye you **** developers , double down on the worst mode in the game and give the haves more , yay

👋

Not gonna lie, these posts back-to-back were perfect.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    There's a question hanging... it will be again "pick-your-best-12-teams" and forget the rest?
    I want to use my Jawas :relaxed:
  • To make it fair and to ensure that people will try to increase their power instead of to optimize their roasters, you should separate all players into 8 groups pursuant to their power. First round of 8 players, 1 player from group 1 + 1 group 2 + 1 group 3, etc. People will therefore try to increase their power as much as they can to have better ranking.

To ensure that people will fight, round 2 ranking and separation will be done pursuant to score in round 1. Therefore, even if you will lose in round 1, you will still fight to have better ranking in round 2, etc. Then for round 3, score of round 1 + round 2.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    GJO wrote: »
    There's a question hanging... it will be again "pick-your-best-12-teams" and forget the rest?

You can. I believe that a well-geared and modded Jawa team could do some work on defense, it's something unexpected and your opponents could underestimate it. Or use them to take out some weaker teams on attack.
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    crazy suggestion here. why not wait and see how the feature is instead of complaining?

Grand Arena matchups are broken. Have been from the start. Whale is all the competition there is. There is no competition the way the matchups fall. Therefore, complaint after complaint after complaint after complaint after complaint! Hmmm! Matchups are broken! Won't be any different in this new version of crap arena Championships

Edited for excessive use of caps ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    It will be the same whales on top and the rest licking up the scraps called rewards after the massive time wasted to bother entering and running into the impassive whale wall to get a couple of splice materials that amount to nothing compared to the time spent. WHY BOTHER?
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Nauros wrote: »
    GJO wrote: »

You can. I believe that a well-geared and modded Jawa team could do some work on defense, it's something unexpected and your opponents could underestimate it. Or use them to take out some weaker teams on attack.

Hahahahahahahaha! Yeah right! Best one yet. Believing is one thing but in GA that team is the first team down in a pile of ash on defense. Lol! wow.

Edited for excessive use of caps ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    I'M OUT. More garbage to come.
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    Oh yeah. Now the crazy ones are even writing in caps and doing multiple posts in a row (which just corroborates that they are crazy).

Love how people that are bad like to complain reasoning that only whales win, and when someone ftp actually wins they say they don't believe it or just shout at them.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    No matter what anyone says GAC is a massive improvement over current form.

Gotta give team credit for not letting curent disaster system continue.

So thanks.... and with update on ships i can say I’m currently happy with direction of game as long as they follow through.
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Now the crazy ones are even writing in caps and doing multiple posts in a row (which just corroborates that they are crazy).

Love how people that are bad like to complain reasoning that only whales win, and when someone ftp actually wins they say they don't believe it or just shout at them.

Crazy like a fox. Didn't say I didn't win one or two matches. Your insults are pretty. Not bad just have a broad lineup which was very necessary 3 years ago and now people can come in spend a thousand dollars and only activate select teams and dominate the game. If you can't understand that then your pretty stupid.
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Petty, not pretty
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    you're not your
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    you're not your

I stand corrected. Thank you. Autocorrect can take over at times.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I have the prettiest insults.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    You say like you are the only one with broad rosters. You had plenty of time to focus on gearing a few teams and if you didn't do it then don't blame it the game mode for failing. You can have a broad roster and still do well in GA if you have skill...and mods
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Mods are all luck and far and few between and when it only takes one speed higher to win: game over you lose. But I guess you're one of the lucky ones with all you're skill to win.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Zyppah wrote: »
    Mods are all luck and far and few between and when it only takes one speed higher to win: game over you lose. But I guess you're one of the lucky ones with all you're skill to win.
    One good mod is luck. Many good mods takes a lot of work farming mods, sifting through them, leveling & slicing the promising ones and deciding which toons can make best use of them.
  • Kantouch wrote: »
    Rezalder wrote: »
    I’m most interested in the GP bracket:reward ratio. The best part of GA in the past was the equal rewards for newer and older players. This equality allowed us another game mode outside of squad arena where we can be competitive and not fall further behind the long time players.
    I struggle to understand this view. Why should someone who has invested no money into the game be able to achieve better rewards for beating easier players than someone who has spent thousands does for beating slightly less but much harder players? A ftp player who has only ever gotten the meta and GA/TW teams would be rewarded for not investing in the game with opponents they could more easily defeat, while players who bulked up would not only not benefit, but literally be punished with more difficult opponents. That seems absurd

In no way did I indicate “money spent on the game” in my post.

Right now, if a 6mon old player wins GA or squad arena, they get the same rewards as a 3yo player, regardless of how much, if any, money either spent.

Either player could, and would, face easier opponents at the beginning of GAC and their opponents would get more difficult as they win more.

If someone spent money faced someone that didn’t, and they both had the same GP, the winner should be decided by who was more focused on things that make their roster better, not strictly on who spent money.

Should someone that started 6mon ago and spent $1000 in that six months get less significant rewards than someone that started 3 years ago and spent $1000? What if neither spent money? What if one spent more?

If you can win every match they put you in at your GP, should it matter how much GP you have or money you spent to determine the quality of your rewards?

I struggle to understand YOUR point of view, sir.

I'm thinking that everyone in the same league will get the same rewards. The view point that someone at a lower GP will face worse players is dumb because they will face easier people in the first round maybe but after that the competition will only get harder and if you keep winning with a better strategy and get to a higher league then you deserve better rewards
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Zyppah wrote: »
    One good mod is luck. Many good mods takes a lot of work farming mods, sifting through them, leveling & slicing the promising ones and deciding which toons can make best use of them.

Been on the long grind slicing "promising mods since it was introduced and dispersing to characters that need them as they modestly appear. I put the work in. People just don't get it that you can have a gp roster fully loaded with 12+ gear high end toons now because of restructuring of the game and be able to completely dominate due to not having the huge inventory of toons that were required when game started. I had one in my guild that joined and not sure how much money left his pockets but inside one year had 1.5 mil less gp than I did and had a much more powerful and dominate lineup and stayed in top 3 of squad arena and dominated ga.
  • Kantouch wrote: »
    Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.

It’s great that you’re so vocal about your opinion. Unfortunately, I think you’re in the vast minority. GA is an awesome mode that allows(allowed?) newer players to expedite their growth, older players to enjoy individual competition, and community members to showcase their matches for all to see. I hope you can grow to love this mode as most do.

Except that his post has gotten twice as many likes as yours. sounds like the minority to me.