How prevalent is player burn-out? Not trying to foster negativity.

ImYourKnightBro
26 posts Member
edited June 2019
I'm not trying to foster negativity, but how prevalent is player burn-out lately? I've read about sooo many guilds with participation falling off...4-5 less stars in TB, fewer players in TW, lots of players only auto-battling HSTR, lots of players getting booted. I've been playing for about a year and a half. I fell burn-out. Has it always been this way? Is it that summer has arrived for many players?
My request...(And I do appreciate a new TB), but outside of just deploying, those TB battles combat missions are soooooooooo tedious and monotonous. When a guild has reached 3 stars on all territories during a phase (like 20 times or so), allow a sim like HRancor.
What say you all? Insights? Suggestions? Wanna vent? Wanna troll?
Am I looking through rose-colored glasses?

Replies

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    The recent q&a had them saying there there has been no evidence of a mass exit of players. And yes. Of course they would say that if they are trying to hide it. But they would also say that if it’s the truth. So who knows of there actually is any burnout beyond the usual. My own scope of things has me seeing my guild at the best it’s even been. And we are constantly gaining new excited people. That’s just my small view of the game. But the people who say something bad is going on - exhibit a, have only a small view too.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes, people always get burned out. It's the nature of this type of game. Eventually some people are going to get tired of doing the same thing over and over and leave. And when they add new things or switch things up to try to keep it fresh, some people are going to be angry about whatever they changed and leave because of that.
  • That's why I put it out there...my limited time on the game and narrow world-view:)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Any answer to this question, in either direction, will be anecdotal and therefore worthless. The only ones who know are CG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't mean remove one old thing with the additional new thing as that's a slippery slope, but what do you think about making an old thing shorter/easier whenever a new thing comes out... even if that entails moving so e of the rewards over?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    They do this. Simming GW and Pit, just to name two.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF... Most likely true, but...I'm curious about other people's thoughts...not trying to influence EA.
  • Thanks TVF, I forgot about GW. That encourages me:)
  • There’s nothing to do anymore! Woke up this morning, spend my energy and what? Maybe I’ll get a credit heist (lasts 49 seconds to play twice) then what? Nothing.

They took the events, and chopped their durations down to a single day. Now there’s nothing. Things like TW and GA should be supplemental fun for those who can participate now it’s becoming almost mandatory if you want to actually do anything with the toons you’ve worked so hard on.

They keep patting themselves on the back for the success of GA without understanding that we have NO other options. When you starve people, they’ll eat dog food and be happy for it!

Burnout? Absolutely it’s happening. Too much grind/farm, too little game.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Honestly, for me there isn't enough to do. I started an alt account, but then when that account was able to sim GW even that isn't enough. Started playing another mobile game.
    Came to the realization that I play too many games. Now I just play my main account and appreciate that this game isn't a time sink.
    Frustration of having hard node farms to keep making five man squads does suck. That frustration has me considered quitting.
    So burn out from game play...NO. Feeling forced to farm single node farms to keep up...YES.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Just talking about the situation in our guild, we lost over 20% of our members in the last months but cannot find new ones! Up 'til dec. last year if we had an open slot it was immediatly filled with someone new (we are an open guild). Then players left (inactive or moved to a hstr guild) but finding new players seems impossible atm.

The ingame participation went also down. Sithraid is everyone except me doing on auto so finally i will do more damage than all other players together! And i do not have the best developed roster in our guild.

From our officers (and the guild founder) i am the only one who manages TB, TW and try to give the few that interested in some hints for their GA and/or arenas. In the end the ones who log in on a daily basis doing their business and used the solo-like gameplay. Interaction with others minimized.

I don't know if you can call this a "burn-out" but i'm feeling that there is no development anymore. When i joined the guild in spring '18 with my 200k GP (now 2.7m) we grow every week up to over 80m in last december. Since it came to an end. I don't think we are the only guild suffering from such a stagnation but i don't really know :wink:
  • RyogaHibiki
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Guild direction and morale heavily effected by guild leadership; as more weak leaders let their guild die, we get more players. Actually have more active now than before.
    Started all heroic during this tumultuous time in game, so leadership efforts play a huge part in overall guild vibe.
    What do your guild leaders do?
    Post edited by RyogaHibiki on