Farming for Darth revan

Bill0207
375 posts Member
So it's looking like I have a really good shot at getting Darth revan when he returns. I've been buying double refreshes on a daily basis for fallen bastila and Juhani and occasionally carth. But even with the double refreshes bastila still sometimes doesnt have the best drop rate. Is it worth it whenever I have the extra Crystal's to buy her shards from the shipments or just keep doing what I'm doing? And also when would it be safe to stop buying refreshes on the rest of the characters? Fallen bastila is 30/100, juhani is 67/100, and carth is 63/100. Then obviously hk is done and canderous only needs 4 shards. I just wanna mention that whatever Crystal's I dont spend on refreshes then are being saved for Darth revans pay wall gear so I can have him ready for the malak event just incase it follows afterwards. So again is it worth buy bastila shards from shipments and when is it safe to quit refreshing the other 2

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    What gear level are they? The event is gonna come in around 25+ days (3 month mark) so you should be fine unless u get 2 shards a day with double refreshes. Plus if 4/5 + DR aren't 17,500 power you wont get Malak and you will be beaten easily by JKR. Plus u need 17,500 4/5 + JKR for Malak too.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    All the required characters for Darth revan are g11 except canderous. Hes almost g12
    Bastila fallen and carth have their Zetas as well. And then my light side is good. My zaalbar needs 1 more piece to be g11 and my misson just needs her zeta. I'll have everyone but Darth revan at the 17,500 power mark. Once zaalbar and canderous are where I want them I'm gonna start hoarding gear and Zetas for revan as well as crystals for his new gear
  • https://swgohevents.com/panic-farm/darth-revan

I was just looking into the farm calculator to see how much of a panic I should be in. I feel confident that I can do it. BSF is 63/100, Juhani 1/100, and Carth 12/100. I usually use the 25c daily refresh for all 3 and should have BSF finished within a week. When Carth shards appear I'll usually buy them because his energy refreshes the slowest. Juhani I'll probably buy the 50c refresh because she'll get all the normal energy after BSF is 7*.

I'm curious if they'll have what Nute Gunray and Count Dooku have in the weekly shipment now: 1250c for 25 shards. That'll help immensely over the 1280c for 16 shards. Although if I remember last time DR was around it was something like 2000c for 25 shards, so I'm not holding my breath.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    You should be safe going as you are.
    In my mind the “minimum safe zone” (at 5 node attempts instead of 8) is 30/100 - at that rate you can buy 2 refreshes (15 total attempts) for an average of 5 shards per day.

Week notice plus week of event gives you 14 days, so (14 x 5 = 70) is enough to complete the farm (and as others have stated, you can always pick up a crystal shipment or two if you are running below average on your farm. (And the 3rd and higher refreshes average out to higher crystal cost per shard than shipments anyways - on that note, don’t expect the cheaper cost you see with Nute and Dooku when the old republic toons come back around... the older legacy characters are 50 crystals per shard, newer characters are 80 crystals per shard in both daily and weekly shipments)
  • The Darth Revan event isn’t until July, so there should be no panic
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    Jedisoup wrote: »
    The Darth Revan event isn’t until July, so there should be no panic

Source?
  • The calendar of events...

It’s not on the June calendar
  • I tried to post the link to the calendar but it needs to be approved. You can find it here on the forums though
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    The calendar of events...

It’s not on the June calendar

A journey event doesn't appear on the calendar until after it has returned twice.

As this will be the second run of Darth Revan's event it wouldn't appear on the monthly calendar. We get one week's notice.
  • July would be a speculation. Most of us expected it to be in June, but it’s just not on the calendar. I’d estimate early July as a result, but you never know, they could wait til August as well
  • Ah, well in that case that’s a bummer. I thought I was safe with Badstilla, Juhani, and Carth still at 5 stars
  • Why do they have that rule for posting to calendar? Seems off-putting to me
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    It's part of the release schedules. You can read more here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

And the bit about Hero's Journeys:
    f68gfr9dzvja.png

Technically neither DR or JKR events were called Hero's Journeys, but they are the same style of event, and JKR certainly followed the HJ release/announce guidelines.
  • Sigh. Sorry guys. I was trying to stay hopeful for myself too. 43/85 for Juhani, 49/85 for Badstilla and 69/85 for Carth
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Why do they have that rule for posting to calendar? Seems off-putting to me

They want you to live in fear and spend crystals bought with money while you panic after they announced the return out of nowhere. The dark side is strong with them.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Why do they have that rule for posting to calendar? Seems off-putting to me

They want you to live in fear and spend crystals bought with money while you panic after they announced the return out of nowhere. The dark side is strong with them.

Lol nice
  • Altazarus
    174 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I think people misread the announcement. It says literally (i) when the event BECOMES legacy they will not necessarily post it on the calendar and (ii) before it becomes legacy, they will give at least a week's notice.

Hence, the first two runs they will post at least 7 days advance notice, but it does not say whether ot not the event will appear on the calendar. After the first two runs, the event will NOT necessarily appear on the calendar but will still get an advance warning AFTER which it will make appearance on the calendar (meaning they AMEND it).

Yeah, I know it is not nice, but that is what the text says.

As for being ready for Darth Revan, we had changes in HK kit if I recall right, which may make it even harder considering how much Fallen Bastilla and HK have no synergy with the rest of the "squad". So I would shoot for G12 and very strong mods to stand a chance.
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    As for being ready for Darth Revan, we had changes in HK kit if I recall right, which may make it even harder considering how much Fallen Bastilla and HK have no synergy with the rest of the "squad". So I would shoot for G12 and very strong mods to stand a chance.

Lol g12 would be a little overkill now wouldn't it? Plenty of people did it with g8 and even some g7 toons. I'll be going with g12 BSF, g10 HK, g8 rest. Should do it just fine.

• Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Altazarus wrote: »

Lol g12 would be a little overkill now wouldn't it? Plenty of people did it with g8 and even some g7 toons. I'll be going with g12 BSF, g10 HK, g8 rest. Should do it just fine.

It might be overkill for the Darth revan event but if you want malak then it's a good idea to shoot for g12 or g11 with zetas
  • Bill0207 wrote: »

It might be overkill for the Darth revan event but if you want malak then it's a good idea to shoot for g12 or g11 with zetas

In my case at least it'll be a while before I get Malak as I have yet to unlock Revan, so I'm holding off on gearing the toons I won't be using just now, especially since I don't have the other half of the Carth DoT team. But otherwise yes that is a good point.
  • Bill0207 wrote: »

Ain't no kill like overkill.

ewtt3r8ey0nk.jpg
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/