Suggestions

I know there’s going to be a lot of these, probably already are, but why do the developers of this game hate us? It seems they have done everything in their power in the last few months to make as many people quit as they possibly can. It’s very disappointing to see a game I’ve played since the beginning take such a turn for the worst in a matter of months. No game is perfect and there will always be things that people complain about, usually in a moment of frustration, but come on, enough is enough.

When I first started playing I talked several people into joining and playing as well. My main selling point was that it wasn’t just a cash grab. You could not spend a dime and still compete. This was very different than most of the game like it out there. I can no longer say this. I can’t get anyone to join now because everything is hidden behind a paywall. What happened to the days of investing in a game with time and effort? I understand that has to be spent but the way I’ve seen people state things, you know who they are, it’s an insane amount they intend on you to spend to be competitive.
You would think all the issues would’ve happened early in a games release, not 4 years later. Throughout the years there’s never been an outcry like has happened in the last few months. In the past it’s been mostly drop rates or the difficulty in GW. Those are workable issues. When the mass amount of players are saying they want more variety, no gear 13, and to be able to use the characters they want and not the ones developers chose for us. These are real issues. The biggest problem of all is that no one is listening to what the players want.

The reason most don’t want gear 13 is because we already have to spend an insane amount of time gearing our teams up, only to never really be able to use them. How long does it typically take to gear a 5 toon team to gear 12? Months? I recently geared my clones all to gear 12. Can you guess how many times I’ve used them? None times. Because you can’t use them in arena they’ll get slaughtered by the wall of every kind of Revan you can dream of. So really they’re worthless. I’m farming for the Malak a drevan team but with 1 piece drop a day that takes time. What happens when I finally have them all 7 *, a year from now most likely? There will be a new toy out and this will be useless. Likely way before I’m able to get there with this current drop rate.

Why do developers get to tell us who to farm? Sire, you don’t have to farm specific teams, but how can you compete in any of the events if you don’t? Even now in GA since I do t ah e a 7* Han **** I am slaughtered. Drevan and Malak ? Slaughtered. If we don’t farm who we’re clearly pushed to farm then we have no chance. What do you see in territory wars? A wall of Revans? What about ships where are the issues? Han ****? There are just certain team you are unable to beat unless you have the exact same thing, so what are we left with? An endless supply of mirror matches where only speed matters. Is any of that likely to change with gear 13? Absolutely not!! It’ll be worse!!!
So how do we fix this? Make the teams we spend so many months gearing up useful, for one. What other options are there? Any advice from you, the players, the people who actually invest their time?

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The developers don't hate us, in fact, they love the game very much and love to see the players enjoy the game too

There is nothing wrong with everything having a paywall, that is the nature of Freemium games, this one, however, lets you acquire expensive items without paying for it but at the cost of time. Its a very generous game, compared to other F2P games
  • Options
    Those who pay will always get the best, strongest stuff.

Those that don't pay will always find it very, very hard to compete with those that have the best, strongest stuff.

Just how it is. It not's going to change, nor should it. If people stop paying then the game stops. And none of us can enjoy it.

The best bet - do what you want, farm what you want and enjoy...if you're f2p then don't get stressed about trying to compete. You won't be able to (except in a very few exceptions).
  • Options
    F2P can be reasonably competitive unlike other f2p games, which offers you very less free stuff or it takes ages to get them. It is only a matter of time and strategy to get the best stuff as a f2p. I got JKR 3rd time and still, I am in top 100 of squad arena, I mean where you will get this without spending anything.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The developers don't hate us, in fact, they love the game very much and love to see the players enjoy the game too

There is nothing wrong with everything having a paywall, that is the nature of Freemium games, this one, however, lets you acquire expensive items without paying for it but at the cost of time. Its a very generous game, compared to other F2P games

I respectfully disagree with you. I don’t think EVERYTHING has to have a paywall. As far as being able to acquire things and it only taking time, this is true. Unfortunately, by the time it takes to acquire the expensive things needed, there’s a new expensive thing needed and the previous one is mostly useless. This is better than some F2P games and it’s worse than others. It’s definitely way worse than what it was when I first started playing.

• Options

Those that don't pay will always find it very, very hard to compete with those that have the best, strongest stuff.

Just how it is. It not's going to change, nor should it. If people stop paying then the game stops. And none of us can enjoy it.

The best bet - do what you want, farm what you want and enjoy...if you're f2p then don't get stressed about trying to compete. You won't be able to (except in a very few exceptions).

If you’re paying you should get the best stuff. That’s part of the frustration let those that pay fight it out amongst themselves. Don’t match them against people that don’t. I do spend money on the game, not as much as is recommended, but some. I don’t expect to compete, but I shouldn’t be matched up against them either.
  • Options
    Alohomora wrote: »
    F2P can be reasonably competitive unlike other f2p games, which offers you very less free stuff or it takes ages to get them. It is only a matter of time and strategy to get the best stuff as a f2p. I got JKR 3rd time and still, I am in top 100 of squad arena, I mean where you will get this without spending anything.

Part of the frustration from me, and those I know that play, is there’s very little strategy left in the game. It typically just comes down to mirror matches and the one with the highest speed wins.
  • wildirish
    199 posts Member
    Options
    With GA Championships you will be better matched up.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    OBoogieIII wrote: »

I respectfully disagree with you. I don’t think EVERYTHING has to have a paywall. As far as being able to acquire things and it only taking time, this is true. Unfortunately, by the time it takes to acquire the expensive things needed, there’s a new expensive thing needed and the previous one is mostly useless. This is better than some F2P games and it’s worse than others. It’s definitely way worse than what it was when I first started playing.
    Its only a paywall if you don't have the required toons or gear.

Legendary events are not a paywall, you can acquire a toon for free if you have 5 other toons

Its only a paywall if you don't have the faction toons ready in time AND you are trying to get it on the first pass of the event instead of waiting for the event to return. I do not think Legendary events are a paywall, similarly Journey toons are not a paywall.

Toons available in stores are not paywall, some go straight to Guild Store, there are some being released to GET store again, honestly no toon is hidden behind a paywall. You can farm toons from hard nodes, cantina nodes, fleet nodes etc

Rey's Millenium Falcon was paywalled for the longest time (only available through fleet Data Card). I can go on and on and on and on about how everything is not as paywalled as you think it is. The whole idea of "previous thing being useless" is another topic and debate and even then I'd argue you are wrong.

I think what you are saying things are on a paywall until the next hot item is released and then they are no longer a paywall? Even if that was true, previous teams are not nullified, Jedi Knight Revan is still a dangerous force to reckon with. My years old Commander Luke Skywalker Rebels team decimate 99% of team compositions. Jedi Training Rey can still overwhelm a lot of popular defensive teams. Traya led Siths are still a force to be reckon with against defensive teams, Nightsisters are easily available and fearsome as ever et cetra et cetra
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

If you’re paying you should get the best stuff. That’s part of the frustration let those that pay fight it out amongst themselves. Don’t match them against people that don’t. I do spend money on the game, not as much as is recommended, but some. I don’t expect to compete, but I shouldn’t be matched up against them either.

Lol good luck with that. People pay to get an advantage over those that don’t pay. Why would you pay $100 just to go into the $100 bracket with all the other people who pay $100, when you could instead pay $0 and compete against other people who did the same?
  • Zzyymm
    51 posts Member
    Options
    I know there’s going to be a lot of these, probably already are, but why do the developers of this game hate us? It seems they have done everything in their power in the last few months to make as many people quit as they possibly can. It’s very disappointing to see a game I’ve played since the beginning take such a turn for the worst in a matter of months. No game is perfect and there will always be things that people complain about, usually in a moment of frustration, but come on, enough is enough.

When I first started playing I talked several people into joining and playing as well. My main selling point was that it wasn’t just a cash grab. You could not spend a dime and still compete. This was very different than most of the game like it out there. I can no longer say this. I can’t get anyone to join now because everything is hidden behind a paywall. What happened to the days of investing in a game with time and effort? I understand that has to be spent but the way I’ve seen people state things, you know who they are, it’s an insane amount they intend on you to spend to be competitive.
    You would think all the issues would’ve happened early in a games release, not 4 years later. Throughout the years there’s never been an outcry like has happened in the last few months. In the past it’s been mostly drop rates or the difficulty in GW. Those are workable issues. When the mass amount of players are saying they want more variety, no gear 13, and to be able to use the characters they want and not the ones developers chose for us. These are real issues. The biggest problem of all is that no one is listening to what the players want.

The reason most don’t want gear 13 is because we already have to spend an insane amount of time gearing our teams up, only to never really be able to use them. How long does it typically take to gear a 5 toon team to gear 12? Months? I recently geared my clones all to gear 12. Can you guess how many times I’ve used them? None times. Because you can’t use them in arena they’ll get slaughtered by the wall of every kind of Revan you can dream of. So really they’re worthless. I’m farming for the Malak a drevan team but with 1 piece drop a day that takes time. What happens when I finally have them all 7 *, a year from now most likely? There will be a new toy out and this will be useless. Likely way before I’m able to get there with this current drop rate.

Why do developers get to tell us who to farm? Sire, you don’t have to farm specific teams, but how can you compete in any of the events if you don’t? Even now in GA since I do t ah e a 7* Han **** I am slaughtered. Drevan and Malak ? Slaughtered. If we don’t farm who we’re clearly pushed to farm then we have no chance. What do you see in territory wars? A wall of Revans? What about ships where are the issues? Han ****? There are just certain team you are unable to beat unless you have the exact same thing, so what are we left with? An endless supply of mirror matches where only speed matters. Is any of that likely to change with gear 13? Absolutely not!! It’ll be worse!!!
    So how do we fix this? Make the teams we spend so many months gearing up useful, for one. What other options are there? Any advice from you, the players, the people who actually invest their time?

I suggest decaf
  • Options
    I think everyone is right on both side. We need balance in the game. I’m hoping that Jedi Luke will being balance to the game. Come on CG it is time for Jedi Luke...
    I Lift Alot
  • Options
    iliftalot1 wrote: »
    I think everyone is right on both side. We need balance in the game. I’m hoping that Jedi Luke will being balance to the game. Come on CG it is time for Jedi Luke...

Are you kidding?

"Balance" is going to be the very last thing Jedi Luke is going to bring to the game lol!

• Options
    Look, the reality of f2p games is that f2p players only serve a single purpose. They're just there to be the fodder that paying players pay to be better than. If you can't handle that and have fun anyway, you really shouldn't be playing any competitive f2p games. They're all the same. Nothing in life is free. Either you pay for a product, or you ARE the product.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Lol good luck with that. People pay to get an advantage over those that don’t pay. Why would you pay $100 just to go into the $100 bracket with all the other people who pay $100, when you could instead pay $0 and compete against other people who did the same?

Legendary events are not a paywall, you can acquire a toon for free if you have 5 other toons

Its only a paywall if you don't have the faction toons ready in time AND you are trying to get it on the first pass of the event instead of waiting for the event to return. I do not think Legendary events are a paywall, similarly Journey toons are not a paywall.

Toons available in stores are not paywall, some go straight to Guild Store, there are some being released to GET store again, honestly no toon is hidden behind a paywall. You can farm toons from hard nodes, cantina nodes, fleet nodes etc

Rey's Millenium Falcon was paywalled for the longest time (only available through fleet Data Card). I can go on and on and on and on about how everything is not as paywalled as you think it is. The whole idea of "previous thing being useless" is another topic and debate and even then I'd argue you are wrong.

I think what you are saying things are on a paywall until the next hot item is released and then they are no longer a paywall? Even if that was true, previous teams are not nullified, Jedi Knight Revan is still a dangerous force to reckon with. My years old Commander Luke Skywalker Rebels team decimate 99% of team compositions. Jedi Training Rey can still overwhelm a lot of popular defensive teams. Traya led Siths are still a force to be reckon with against defensive teams, Nightsisters are easily available and fearsome as ever et cetra et cetra
    Zzyymm wrote: »

I suggest decaf
    Snuggles wrote: »
    Look, the reality of f2p games is that f2p players only serve a single purpose. They're just there to be the fodder that paying players pay to be better than. If you can't handle that and have fun anyway, you really shouldn't be playing any competitive f2p games. They're all the same. Nothing in life is free. Either you pay for a product, or you ARE the product.

Look at all the whales that came to defend themselves.
  • Options
    Zzyymm wrote: »

I suggest decaf

Oh thank you. You’ve brought so much valuable insight to the conversation.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Because some people like to spend for all the shiny new trinkets. I understand most people don’t like to put in the work to improve anymore, that’s why they just buy it and move on. I understand people are going to spend but their should be a competitive balance to it as well. When you spend months gearing and starring a player you should get to use them. I could take all 80 of my gear 12 toons and battle a Revan team and still it make a dent in that team. This is a bit of an exaggeration before people flip out, but for the most part there is. I competitive balance in the game. There’s no strategy in this game that’s labeled as a strategy game.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    You’ve brought so much valuable insight to the conversation.
  • Options

They’re not really free are they? You have to spend time starring and gearing these “ free toons” and f you you don’t spend money doing that you’re not going to have them geared or starred in time. You may get the second go around if you’re lucky but usually it’s the third. By then they’re almost useless because a new OP team is out and nothing you throw at them will defeat them. So while technically you can farm the, for free, you’ll never collect them in time for it to matter. Of the toons that I’m farming at the moment if I get more than 1 shard a day that’s a really good day. More often than not it’s 1 drop or none at all. So at one drop a day , you do the math there. How long will it take to get to 7 star?
  • Options
    Snuggles wrote: »

That’s a good sales pitch there. You should put that on a t shirt. Lol
  • Options
    You’ve brought so much valuable insight to the conversation.

Spoken like a true whale, couldn’t even earn a good comeback. Just had to purchase one 😂😂😂 don’t worry I was getting back to you.