Cody zeta refund

Not many of you may of made the mistake I made by making Cody your first zeta, but with the new marquee character coming out as a good leader for clones, any chance we could get a Cody zeta refund?

Replies

• I was just complaining about this to my guild.
  • I think it’s only fair with the video showing Cody being used in a non lead role
  • I can guarantee you they won’t refund him. It didn’t change. You can still use his lead exactly as advertised. A lead being outdated and no longer very useful has never been a reason for a refund. If so, I have a list of characters I would love to get a zeta refund on.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Not many of you may of made the mistake I made by making Cody your first zeta, but with the new marquee character coming out as a good leader for clones, any chance we could get a Cody zeta refund?

No way this will happen. Cody was my first zeta as well, but there is no reason it should be refunded, especially after this long. We got our use out of it. And it is still what it was when we bought it. Just because there's something better now doesn't mean we get it back.
  • Kind of more a hopeful request tbh, it’s dissapointing that i’ll never need to use Cody in a lead role again and that’s a zeta i’ll never get use out of again
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I disagree. No refund needed.

There are always better leads than current ones in newer toons due to powercreep

Cody's lead is unchanged and should remain unrefunded. Just like GMY wasn't refunded. Bastila being unrefunded due to JKR, Vader lead not changed due to a superior EP lead. Other leads (CLS, JTR, KRU) shouldn't be refunded because a better faction lead (Jedi Luke? Rey Episode 9? Kylo Episode 9? Snoke?)
  • In that case I’d like my QGJ zeta back, please.

There’s way too many characters this would apply to. Won’t happen, unfortunately.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Kind of more a hopeful request tbh, it’s dissapointing that i’ll never need to use Cody in a lead role again and that’s a zeta i’ll never get use out of again

For one, nothing we buy usually lasts forever. Second, who's to say it will never be used again? We don't know what else is coming...there may be enough for 2 clone squads at some point.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Just because an old character gets superceded by a new one does not mean you get a refund for the one you already got use out of.
  • They only give refunds if they change the character...not that the character is not good anymore.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    A refund for a character's zeta from 2 years ago? Nope, lol. Clones are obviously going to get some work here so they may be adding new Clones, in which case you can run a second team...or they may be reworking the existing Clones and making changes to Cody, including a change to his lead which might then necessitate a refund. There's also 3 vs. 3 GA where his lead will still be useful with 5 Clones plus Shaak Ti as two squads.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    A refund for a character's zeta from 2 years ago? Nope, lol. Clones are obviously going to get some work here so they may be adding new Clones, in which case you can run a second team...or they may be reworking the existing Clones and making changes to Cody, including a change to his lead which might then necessitate a refund. There's also 3 vs. 3 GA where his lead will still be useful with 5 Clones plus Shaak Ti as two squads.

^ this. They didn’t change Cody. They are adding Shaak Ti. You got the benefit of having Cody’s zeta lead. And you still will be able to... Now you can have 2 Clone teams of 3 in GA. No refund necessary. Move along, move along...
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Shark Tea + 5 clones = 2 teams in 3v3.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    there's a 3v3?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    I've always thought they should allow refund tokens sort of like the time zone change. Allow us 2 zeta refunds a year that we can request.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    If a refund is done it should only be for very recently done zetas. I have a few zetas that i would love to be refunded as the character has been phased out in some way. For example, why use Nihilis lead when i can just use Darth Revan or Palpatine now?
  • Hey im just saying but Cody will still be used for events like the 8 round empire event*can't remember the name*or the omega event.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    cody was one of my first zetas, no regrets though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ability materials are only refunded if CG changes the abilities from what they were when materials were applied. You’ll never get a refund for something related to, but not associated with a particular character. Such as getting outclassed by a new character and their more valuable leader ability.