Last Minute Farming for Grand Arena Championships

With the new territory battle being released sometime soon(tm), and a new capital ship/new characters coming with it, and Grand Arena Championships, I feel as if I will start to fall behind. Any farming guides/advice would be greatly appreciated. I will try to get DR next time around, my Carth is 32/100 and Jumanji is 56/100. Here's my SWGOH.GG: https://swgoh.gg/p/662131242/

Replies

• Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    I can only speak for what’s out now.

For ships, get BH ships so that you can get Han’s falcon. Once you have it, make sure you at least have Biggs to go with it. You’ll naturally have to get a good HT to get the falcon, so use those 3 to make a rebel fleet. Basically all other ships don’t matter right now. If your opponent has han’s Falcon, use yours for offense and just set a D to collect points. If you’re opponent doesn’t have it, set yours on D and then put together your BH or whatever else you have for offense.

For toons, DR/Malak is the best team, but other you should try to get are JKR Jedi, CLS rebels, sith triumvirate +2, sith with EP, NS, JTR resistance and Padmé GR. Those are the top tier teams. Other good teams are FO with KRU lead, BH, imperial troopers, Ewoks, and OR. Separatists are getting useful too, but mine are weak. Go for the top teams first.

A guide that I use for myself is to target all hero characters first and then legendary/raid characters second. Once I have those, build a team around them.

Most of my matches come down to who has the most top teams.

Also, get as many mods with speed secondaries as you can.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Unless you spend, you're always going to fall behind a bit when new stuff comes out. My advice is to just not worry about it and enjoy yourself.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    It is very tough to completely catch up, and by that, I mean getting everything to 7*...everything to g12 is a whole different ballgame. For me, it seems anytime my total remaining shard count gets below 3,000, they add another character or three. As of today, I was at 2,758 left for toons and 800 for ships. So now the shard total goes up by 330 for Shaak Ti (or really 280 due to the event).

For your toons, I would keep working on the Darth Revan toons since you look to be close with those. I would also get that last star on Bossk. Your next big project would be FO to get BB-8 to 7* and then work on the toons needed for JTR.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    If you are shy of getting some of the new guys, The other thing you can do is finish up the good non meta teams that you use already. I have 3 toons that I am going to top off in addition half-zetaing Darth Revan. Will probably be the best I can do.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    I lol’d at jumanji @StuckAsMolEliza thankyou sir for lightening my day from dealing with kittentards..
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @StuckAsMolEliza bounty hunters, gear them, first order same..

Work your Phoenix a little more to get thrawn to 7*

Then pick a faction and gear a squad of five.. just keep plugging.. ewoks for 3po, Bh for chewie (didn’t notice if you had him) bh/fo/ns are all good for defense in ga..
  • Ok- thanks for the advice! @Damodamo I do have chewie, I just have him lvl 69 gear 3 until I finish farming for Revan. Should I work on 7* C-3PO or Chewie first?
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Both... ewoks are a harder farm... your call really the game is not a short time sprint... which would you rather have? Ga/tw/Tb I’d go chewie first...
  • Yes, no doubt about it, get Chewy first! Cls teams still can complete against anyone.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I can only speak for what’s out now.

For ships, get BH ships so that you can get Han’s falcon. Once you have it, make sure you at least have Biggs to go with it. You’ll naturally have to get a good HT to get the falcon, so use those 3 to make a rebel fleet. Basically all other ships don’t matter right now. If your opponent has han’s Falcon, use yours for offense and just set a D to collect points. If you’re opponent doesn’t have it, set yours on D and then put together your BH or whatever else you have for offense.

For toons, DR/Malak is the best team, but other you should try to get are JKR Jedi, CLS rebels, sith triumvirate +2, sith with EP, NS, JTR resistance and Padmé GR. Those are the top tier teams. Other good teams are FO with KRU lead, BH, imperial troopers, Ewoks, and OR. Separatists are getting useful too, but mine are weak. Go for the top teams first.

A guide that I use for myself is to target all hero characters first and then legendary/raid characters second. Once I have those, build a team around them.

Most of my matches come down to who has the most top teams.

Also, get as many mods with speed secondaries as you can.

This is basically the main objectives of anyone looking to be in the top tiers of the game's competitions: Fleet, arena, GA. Dev's did say on the forums though that HMF has had its day and they are implementing a new meta for fleet
  • Focus & be patient. We know some things are coming, but don’t yet know everything about them. While we wait for more information, keep working on improving your current best characters. If you are doing well, save up some crystals and gear so you can respond when the details are released. The important thing is to stay the course and avoid panic farming or panic gearing guesses, unless you have lots of money to burn.