TB: both or choose

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Carrie said IPD and ROLO will be in the new GEC store. At least I think it was the new one.

The Geo difficulty will be harder so I would expect the rewards to be in line with that difficulty. In theory they will reward the same guild more for doing Geo than Hoth.

This post aged well....I think. Hard to say for sure but it looks like our 150m GP guild will benefit by going Geo.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well, they released the rewards scale and by going Geo TB, guilds won’t earn as much GET 1 shop currency than Hoth. That currency is needed for Malak. Peeps will farm him slower...pwkfzvjwccaf.png
  • Thank you sir, exactly my thoughts.
    In pure theory you need to compare the sum of mki and mkii tokens to the number of tokens earned on hoth. In practice it depends on how interchangeable the two are. If you cannot buy the same items you pay with mki tokens with mkii tokens, then you actually still need the same amount of mki-s as before, which you’ll not be getting.
  • @CG_TopHat let me give it a try please:

Hi holotables heroes:
    Wanted to be up front with you guys in terms of the new Geonosis Territory Battles. The good news is that we have some great new content that will be challenging for even the most developed rosters and guilds along with some worthwhile rewards for those that can step up to the challenge.
    That being said, the new Geo TB is not for the faint of heart. Because of how demanding the new map is, we expect any guild with less than 80mil GP not be able to complete a single star. That leads me to the next bit of bad news: because of intense server demands and maintaining as much competitive balance as we can, guilds will be forced to choose which TB they will run.
    I wish that this choice was not necessary, but there are several reasons for it. My main concern is that the separation between the largest guilds and the smaller guilds will destabilize the competitive balance we strive to maintain between FTP and PTP. Guilds that choose Geo TB will still receive GET in addition to the new currency, but at a lesser rate than completing Hoth simply because they will also receive the new currency. The rewards will be well worth the effort should you choose to do GEO TB, but if your guild is still focused on the Hoth TB, it might be worth the effort to run the Hoth version instead.
    Thank you for reading this and we are excited to bring to you the new content we have spent so much time on to challenge our incredible theorycrafting community. Cheers!
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    The main issue in here is a matter of principles.

Geo TBs will NOT be a new tier for TBs.... the content is different, the mechanic is different so the fun and the challenge itself are quite different too. So, even if some only look at rewards and try to make it look like it... it isn't at all.

Putting the choice on the guild leaders (and I'm one so isn't a matter of decision power) it's quite a shame.

The different content should be managed by devs... it's their work... and if they really have issues with so much content at same time they should adapt stuff.
    For instance, if the problem is too much time spent, just put sim options on older features (just for those who may burn out with so much things to do). If the issue is too much rewards, rearrange it and show the math behind it. If the problem is calendar slots, just minimize time on some features to open those slots. Bottom line, don't do things like this, it shows incapacity and tbh it was completely unnecessary and looks like this was just the easiest and laziest option.

Having to choose between different contents (with major effort needed) was bad in all the situations I saw before (in other games) and ofc it will be BAD in here too.
  • @AceCV

“Bottom line, don't do things like this, it shows incapacity and tbh it was completely unnecessary and looks like this was just the easiest and laziest option.”

100% agree.

CG: No GA...
    Also CG: what’s the laziest option to offset rewards? Double drops!

CG: We want to show players that we increased carbantis over 2 yrs.
    Also CG: What’s the laziest way to show that? Blue squiggly line on non labeled graph.

How much does this game make a month? If very little then I can understand the hardware server crap they are telling us. But if it is a bunch of money, then why is hardware an issue?

I don’t understand why newer and harder content at the highest reward level offers less than the previous content that we can no longer do?

If CG doesn’t want us to get too many rewards from doing both, then remove the GET 1 currency from Geo TB and let us do both. I mean, the Geo TB rewards structure is still a WIP.

• @StarSon what if it’s because we enjoy the game and would like more opportunities to play more game modes? What if it’s because we have always been a guild who has enjoyed PVE just as much as PVP, maybe more so? Or maybe there are players in the guild who still haven’t finished HY, Wampa, are working on finishing Malak and the extra GET currency will help?

For arguments sake, let’s say we DID get fried. At that point we can choose what we want to do.

The point is moot anyway, because more information has come out about the GTB since I posted that comment and it seems we’ll be fine anyway with only doing that one.

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    First of all, I No Longer Understand how to use the word concurrently and Am Casting Sincere Doubt on the Laughable Insuination that Anyone Has Ever Did Or Ever Will.

second, i dont understand how running both TBs at the same time will slow the exodus from smaller guilds to larger guilds. If anything, isnt CG dampening the flow by lowering the amount of rewards larger guilds can get since they are unable to run both events, thus decreasing the incentive to switch guilds.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    @StarSon what if it’s because we enjoy the game and would like more opportunities to play more game modes? What if it’s because we have always been a guild who has enjoyed PVE just as much as PVP, maybe more so? Or maybe there are players in the guild who still haven’t finished HY, Wampa, are working on finishing Malak and the extra GET currency will help?

For arguments sake, let’s say we DID get fried. At that point we can choose what we want to do.

The point is moot anyway, because more information has come out about the GTB since I posted that comment and it seems we’ll be fine anyway with only doing that one.

There wouldn't be extra GET. If they did let us run both, they would change reward structures, probably such that we *had* to run both. Sure, maybe you and your 49 friends would enjoy that time suck every other week, but almost no one else would.

Geo TB gives GET MkI, so you can still farm the other things. It's a resource management game, so you have to choose in all aspects. Not sure why this should be different.
  • @StarSon

“Geo TB gives GET MkI, so you can still farm the other things. It's a resource management game, so you have to choose in all aspects. Not sure why this should be different.”

By the rewards structure they gave, it will be a long while for most guilds to break even in GET 1 currency in Geo TB. 44 stars in LS Hoth gave my guild 6000+ the special missions currency. We are 178ish milGP and by CG’s estimates we would get 14 (maybe) in Geo TB. That is a net loss.

But we get the “new” stuff...

However, we don’t have to choose between raids. Why continue to do Rancor if a guild can easily complete HSith or HAAT? Oh yeah - rewards. Heck we can SIM the Rancor... We aren’t forced to choose which raid we do. Remember that Mk3 Carbs are not on the rewards table for HAAT...

Why not eliminate the GET 1 currency from Geo TB and allow guilds to do both. No content is cut and we can still earn the rewards that we have previously been earning. Just like we aren’t missing out on previous Raid’s rewards.

I want to do both because I love the PvE content (TBs) in this game. I base my roster off of them. My favorite thing in the game is getting cut. I bet the items in GET 2 store will be much more expensive than we are anticipating or lead to believe. That means the gear/ new characters and G12 finishers grind will worsen. (That is my ultimate hunch as to why we should be able to do both.) I could be wrong.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Raids are completely different. They each have pretty different reward structures, and so you can't really compare the two. They also don't last very long.

Why do you get to "choose" to do both TB but I'm forced to do both? I don't *want* to do Hoth anymore. It's a boring time suck.

It's unfortunate that a minority of the game wants to do twice the work for the same rewards. I don't. It's one less thing for me to auto, and one less thing for me (as a guild officer) to manage.
  • Raids aren’t that much different. They have a difficulty tier that can be met or surpassed. They have different rewards structures. So do TBs. they require a guild, to an extent, to complete.

Same with TBs we will eventually meet and surpass the Geo TB difficulty. Then let guilds choose to do one or the other. Plenty of people on here have said that SIMS could be added to the first 4 phases of Hoth TBs this not much time added for when your guild is doing the Geo TB. When, after 4 days, phase 5 and 6 of Hoth are the only ones left to do. Why would guilds want to get less rewards initially for new content then have to work back to that same level...

Oh, duh, new stuff...
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Raids aren’t that much different. They have a difficulty tier that can be met or surpassed. They have different rewards structures. So do TBs. they require a guild, to an extent, to complete.

Same with TBs we will eventually meet and surpass the Geo TB difficulty. Then let guilds choose to do one or the other. Plenty of people on here have said that SIMS could be added to the first 4 phases of Hoth TBs this not much time added for when your guild is doing the Geo TB. When, after 4 days, phase 5 and 6 of Hoth are the only ones left to do. Why would guilds want to get less rewards initially for new content then have to work back to that same level...

Oh, duh, new stuff...

That's just it. We aren't getting less rewards. We're getting more rewards by doing Geo. Are we getting slightly less old GET? Maybe. So what? New GET is infinitely more important.

If you want to do Hoth, then knock yourself out. I don't want to do it anymore, because it's awful. Don't make me do it because you like 2 year old content more than shiny new content.
  • I wouldn’t like one more than the other. Both would be enjoyed the same. Guilds will get less GET 1 than before, until they get enough stars ( the majority of stars) in Geo TB.

Why are stronger Guilds penalized for growing into new content that completely replaces content they have built to master. Carrot on a stick?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    How are stronger guilds penalized exactly?
  • They will have do with less GET 1 then they would normally get. So some in my guild, myself included, will have a longer Malak farm. It won’t be until the guild can get halfway through the star count to equal rewards they have already built up to earn.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You've had plenty of time to farm Malak (lots of 7* in my shard, including mine). And stronger guilds were earning more GEC 1 between his release and now.

Stronger guilds aren't being penalized by CG. You as an individual penalized yourself by choosing to spend your GEC elsewhere.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    My main concern here is Wampa's, will we still be able to complete the BH Wampa killing quest doing the Geo TB? most likely not right?

So we losing access to the shards, that they nerfed, and losing access to Wampa killings. Looks like most will be getting less Get's then before, much less since most will not get many stars. Have people just forgotten how CG works?

Not only will it have a high power requirement to even do the things in this new TB, it will also be hard most likely cause of the un-original preloaded tm and a RNG mess. Imagine if you could only ever do one try when going for padme or Chewie? Then put that fight into a TB.

Its a separation of the masses, ftp people will do Hoth, Paying players will do Geo. Only long time players who have not quit yet will be able to do Geo free. Even people with 2mil+ GP may be able to do nothing in this new TB.
  • TVF wrote: »
    You've had plenty of time to farm Malak (lots of 7* in my shard, including mine). And stronger guilds were earning more GEC 1 between his release and now.

Stronger guilds aren't being penalized by CG. You as an individual penalized yourself by choosing to spend your GEC elsewhere.

So, because of spending GET 1 currency on gear, like Mk3 Carbs, which the devs said they increased..., it is my fault for making that choice to gear toons to unlock DRevan, then gear them up for Malak, plus Seps for Padme etc? I don’t have Malak yet... I have GET 1 saved up for him; however, once Geo TB comes out my guilds payout of GET 1 currency won’t even be as high as it normally would if we ran Hoth.

Why is it that I am trying to advocate for more content to actually play and balanced rewards people are opposed to those things?

Think about it. Simming the Rancor Raid nets 800ish currency for Guild Store, finishing LAST in HAAT nets MORE of that currency. Geo TB should feel like a step up. Not a step over here to a completely different path and work your way back up to a rewards level you ALREADY achieved.

How do people play this game and NOT like fighting with their favorite toons? The best place for that is TB. I get to PLAY the game and actually fight the battles with many of my Favorite characters, that I have logged in everyday for the past 3+ yrs to farm. Why is advocating for that seen as a bad thing?

How can someone say I enjoy this game, but then say Hoth TB is a bore? Do you not like fighting battles with your favorite characters? Seeing those characters win? Feeling a part of a team that is achieving something together? Not everything has to be a competition for “bragging” rights.

The Grand Arena Championship is going to come down to the best Whale with the best mods. I already know that I will finish somewhere just above middle of the pack. That doesn’t excite me at all.
  • @Gorem you posted yours as I was typing mine on my phone. I agree 100%.

Higher guilds are also losing the shard ship currency that can net more gear or even shards of a future character release...

Plus some people, includes me, haven’t done the bounty hunter quest.

There are multiple reasons why content should not be removed or overlapped with better, highly NEEDED, rewards.

But hey what do I care right!? I just enjoy playing the game...
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

So, because of spending GET 1 currency on gear, like Mk3 Carbs, which the devs said they increased..., it is my fault for making that choice to gear toons to unlock DRevan, then gear them up for Malak, plus Seps for Padme etc? I don’t have Malak yet... I have GET 1 saved up for him; however, once Geo TB comes out my guilds payout of GET 1 currency won’t even be as high as it normally would if we ran Hoth.

Yes, it is your fault. It is a resource management game. You should get better at managing your resources.
    Why is it that I am trying to advocate for more content to actually play and balanced rewards people are opposed to those things?

Because you aren't advocating for more content and balanced rewards. At 20 stars, which is what CG says guilds doing 48 stars should get, you get almost as much old GET as you did from Hoth. Sounds pretty balanced to me. And "auto this boring battle that you've auto'd once a month for the last 2 and a half years" is not "more content."
    Think about it. Simming the Rancor Raid nets 800ish currency for Guild Store, finishing LAST in HAAT nets MORE of that currency. Geo TB should feel like a step up. Not a step over here to a completely different path and work your way back up to a rewards level you ALREADY achieved.

Seriously, stop comparing raids to TB. Completely different things.
    How do people play this game and NOT like fighting with their favorite toons? The best place for that is TB. I get to PLAY the game and actually fight the battles with many of my Favorite characters, that I have logged in everyday for the past 3+ yrs to farm. Why is advocating for that seen as a bad thing?

Because it's boring as H E double hockey sticks. We've been doing the same nonsense for almost 3 years. It's time to move on. You want to use your favorite characters? Farm your gear on manual.
    How can someone say I enjoy this game, but then say Hoth TB is a bore? Do you not like fighting battles with your favorite characters? Seeing those characters win? Feeling a part of a team that is achieving something together? Not everything has to be a competition for “bragging” rights.

Because it's boring and repetitive. Just like the raids. Just like Geo will be eventually. That's why they have to make new content. Old content gets boring.
    The Grand Arena Championship is going to come down to the best Whale with the best mods. I already know that I will finish somewhere just above middle of the pack. That doesn’t excite me at all.

GA is infinitely more enjoyable than Hoth TB, and TW as well. Geo will be fun. All this "team" stuff you talk about, we'll get that with Geo, while not having to hound people to spend extra time auto'ing stuff that they don't want to deal with.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Yes, it is your fault. It is a resource management game. You should get better at managing your resources..

This.

I'm in a 150m GP guild and I just got my Malak to 7*. A stronger guild would have gotten you even more GEC and you could have had him to 7* faster than me. And then there's no problem.

• @StarSon the only reason I bring up raids is another person used Raids a reason why we had to choose TBs.

So there must be a lot boring things for you in this game then. If half of the playable content you find boring. Do you even enjoy this game?

@TVF my guild sits at 178mil...

I wonder how much you had to pay to hoard gear from other teams to just unlock Malak? I didn’t even have time to farm for DRevan the first time. Which I am fine with getting the latest toon the 2nd time around. Between Seps for Padme and DRevan I am in a crunch now because of stun guns and Carbs because low and behold I have to spend resources.

I focus one toon one team at a time.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    We all make choices.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    @StarSon the only reason I bring up raids is another person used Raids a reason why we had to choose TBs.

So there must be a lot boring things for you in this game then. If half of the playable content you find boring. Do you even enjoy this game?

I love this game, but I'm primarily interested in the collection aspect. TB was fun for a minute, but we've been doing 45 in LSTB for over a year, and just hit 48 in DSTB last time around. It's not challenging, and I can get max waves on auto all the way through p6. It's just not fun anymore.

Sith Raid isn't quite as bad, but the RNG junk in p3 is infuriating, and I'm starting to get annoyed that I'll never be able to auto it because of the special abilities. I've gotten top 10 every time I was around at raid time for 6 months. It's just not fun anymore.

You don't play games like this because 2 year old content is still fun. I want to max my collection, and I want new things to do. Based on DS Hoth, Geo will probably be fun for at least 6 months, which is good.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    They never said you can play both at once, just that both will be running at once

Before criticizing others on how to use a word, lets learn to read first ok :smile:

Lol, well they said concurrently. Let me ask how many TBs will you be running?

They never said you could DO both TBs concurrently. They said there would be two TBs running concurrently. It's not that difficult to comprehend.
  • I play for the collection aspect too. I have never been a very pvp kind of person. I loved co-op games growing up. Like Ninja turtles in time for super nes. Or games like power stone 2 where it was semi pvp/e.

I guess my biggest gripe or thorn in my side about this game is the farming aspect.