TB: both or choose

Replies

• sigsig
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Why not say you get to choose which one in the original post? The fact that they left that out, and said they run concurrently, made it sound like you get to do both.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Well that is about a big of a crock of excrement that you can get. Promised new content but now you have to sacrifice old to participate. So the whole reason they gave for rolo and ipd shard reduction was a total sham. Not too often I get ticked off at this game but this one has done it.
    I'd rather have more Geo TB than Hoth TB

Hoth TB is boring at higher GP and knowing that Geo TB has better rewards and new GET Mk II, it would be awful waiting once a month to play Geo TB

The expectation is that if done right, Geo TB should be so good that you don't even want to go back to Hoth TB

You can always choose to play old content so its not a total loss

Not a fan of content being replaced even if the alternative is better. You have a different perspective on this and I'm in no way arguing with you as I respect you and your position but as someone who has been looking forward to this new TW battle since it was announced I'm disappointed that I will now lose a particular piece of content I grew fond of. It's not even a choice given really. If you want to stay competitive and at the front of the pack you will have to sacrifice hoth for geo
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.
    hold up.. you're saying we have to choose? if we decide to attempt the new TB then we are disallowed to run the old TB, thus get denied the old rewards, in favor of...
    no no no.. this can't be right.you're just simply cranking up the difficulty.. and taking away our old (hard-earned) rewards??? this is nuts. you do not prevent players from farming HPIT just because HAAT is out.

by this logic: your plan reads like you're treating old TB like tier 6 STR... and new TB like HSTR... both available, but can't run both... this is completely unacceptable... we've been farming these Geos, Seps, Clones, GRs... and you're saying.. all the other (completely different) teams required for the old TB's are going to rot and no longer produce any rewards for us... this has got to be the worst joke.
    @CG_SBCrumb please say this isn't so...
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »
    They never said you can play both at once, just that both will be running at once

Before criticizing others on how to use a word, lets learn to read first ok :smile:

Lol, well they said concurrently. Let me ask how many TBs will you be running?
    Well this isn't going anywhere so we can just agree to disagree
  • In our almost 130M guild, we only have 7 members with a 7* Probe Droid. I’m sure we will want to do GeoTB, but that means that most of us won’t be able to get more IPD shards outside of Galactic Bounties? Any chance you’ll increase that event frequency or attempts?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    sigsig wrote: »
    Why not say you get to choose which one in the original post? The fact that they left that out, and said they run concurrently, made it sound like you get to do both.

Exactly. It's typical here unfortunately, leave out one of the bigger details.

I'm surprised it was even clarified tonight. Would have expected to find out tomorrow on Reddit.

So... Progress?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    They never said you can play both at once, just that both will be running at once

Before criticizing others on how to use a word, lets learn to read first ok :smile:

Lol, well they said concurrently. Let me ask how many TBs will you be running?
    Well this isn't going anywhere so we can just agree to disagree

Ok, besides I already know the answer. You will be running 1, therefore not concurrent. You can insult by claiming I didnt read, but the truth is I know definitions. Except when I dont, and then I Google lol.

That being said, I am not surprised by the decision to only be able to run 1. I was a bit shocked when they said concurrently to begin with. I am grateful Crumb quickly cleared it up.

• Gonna say it right now:

Restricting old content when new content comes is a bad idea.

People want more to do and more options, not less.

I'll want new rewards but I still have achievements and a few shards left to get from Hoth.

Hoth doesn't take much effort for established players: just let them both be run, or make parts of Hoth simmable for those who achieve a certain level for long enough.

Heroic Pit didn't go away when AAT or Sith raids came out and people were fine with that.

I genuinely don't understand how some of these decisions are reached.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

So... Progress? [/quote]

I guess we take what we can get
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

So... Progress?

I guess we take what we can get[/quote]

Yes, we take what they give us. I am really looking forward to this new challenge.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Well if it's just 4 days for better rewards, count me in!

Generally yes. My guess is that Malak won’t make an appearance in the new TB rewards, so some progress may be slowed by this.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

Generally yes. My guess is that Malak won’t make an appearance in the new TB rewards, so some progress may be slowed by this.

What do you mean?

You should be able to use Malak in the new TB, unless they make character restrictions, which would be odd.

You more than likely wont fight against Malak, being Clone Wars timeline and all. So Malak should only help.
  • Instead of creating new challenges and eliminate the older useless ones, they make you choose between something profitable and something still uncertain.
    Way to go CG.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited June 2019

What do you mean?

Finishing Malak to 7*. A lot of people may still not have that even in high-end guilds. They may have to make a decision to finish or help others to finish him or move on to geoTB
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

Boo
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

What do you mean?

Finishing Malak to 7*. A lot of people may still not have that even in high-end guilds. They may have to make a decision to finish or help others to finish him or move on to geoTB

You still get the old currency as reward in the new tb, so there isnt a reason you cant finish Malak.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

What do you mean?

You still get the old currency as reward in the new tb, so there isnt a reason you cant finish Malak.
    On top of this, you can still acquire GET from hSTR, and TW
  • Monel wrote: »

What do you mean?

Oh? Must have missed that! Thanks!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Lol “we are giving you new content but making it so you cant play the old content because we cannot figure out how to rotate with an odd number” well done cg
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

That was not at all clear in the
    announcement. Guilds run raids concurrently and choose to participate in both. Can you give us any insight as to why we can't participate in both?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb can you confirm Geo TB will drop both GET and GET II currency?
    GET is really the only reason to run Hoth TB.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    First 4 phases of TB are really fast anyway to play. Make it so we can run geo tb during those hoth tb phases and we won't spend that much extra time.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

What do you mean?

On top of this, you can still acquire GET from hSTR, and TW

True, but not enough to make much difference, especially at the inflated price of Malak shards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slippyfist wrote: »

That was not at all clear in the
    announcement. Guilds run raids concurrently and choose to participate in both. Can you give us any insight as to why we can't participate in both?

easy answer is they want to reduce old "free" rewards while also continuing to increase difficulty and sell solution in cash shop. its one thing to choose between tiers in a raid.. same teams/enemy.. higher reward for higher tier difficulty... but this isn't the same TB/teams/enemies... this is a completely new battle.. it should run along side the old ones.. just like HAAT/HSTR run along side HPIT...
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Lol “we are giving you new content but making it so you cant play the old content because we cannot figure out how to rotate with an odd number” well done cg

Right?! When the next raid comes out will it lock us out from participating in other raids? "Error: You may not activate this raid until the current raid has ended"
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    This month we have 2 one week long tb. Can someone tell me why the new 4 day one has to run at same time. Will there be more tbs in a month?
  • I need to see the reward structure before I get too worked up here. That’ll be the test.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Ultra wrote: »

In all fairness when your guild runs concurrent raids are you locked out from participating in one of them? Or launching a new one? Concurrent does not mean exclusive.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I do not agree with this decision and will protest by posting more off-topic drivel than I already do.