Are you going to gear Magmatrooper?

Robdd
111 posts Member
I took him to gear 6 level 49 very easily only missing one spot which required purple gear. I figure he will be 2 stars end of month, so why not. Hopefully a solid C squad for GW or part of suicide squad for now. I'm also guessing he will be farmable in the future.

Replies

• I got mine to gear 2 just to have his passive available. Don't plan on taking him any further, as I don't see myself getting too much use out of him - won't fit in any teams I have or am working on, even if he does become farmable.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    He's part of the Empire so I figure he's better than Clone Sergent phase 1, who I completely gave up on. I do understand he doesn't fit anywhere for me either. But I give EA credit his gear is very easy, to farm.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    Ok I should unlock Vader any day now so they could form a little B/C team for GW, throw somebody else with them perhaps create some good synergy.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I got him at 2*, gear 7. Gear 8 needs 60 Chinese stars and 40 mk 4 laptops. Also 20 mk5 laptops and 50 walkie talkies which you should have plenty of. So it will be a few days before i get gear 8. Will be 3* by month end, but might buy a few more packs. So far it's all been going to my GG fund. Boo
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Robdd wrote: »
    He's part of the Empire so I figure he's better than Clone Sergent phase 1, who I completely gave up on. I do understand he doesn't fit anywhere for me either. But I give EA credit his gear is very easy, to farm.

Lol, clone sgt I have him to 5* he has a lot of uses with turn meter manipulation. I got fives too to go with him he is 6*. This magma trooper is a new 1* character I got I can't do anything with.... Got 4* Ben from a free bronzium and I have no idea how but I have a 3* leia. I know in GW I have got shards for her must have gotten her on a free pull too. But this magma trooper isn't going to be able to be starred without spending cash I don't plan to spend. He is viable if you intend to spend. If not clone sgt is a very viable replacement. His aoe sucks up turn meter from the opponent. I am trying come up with a team of fives clone sgt st Han maybe Daka and EE lol... Try to get advantage out of turn meter.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    I have fives also, I would recommend to anybody, easy to gear up, has ridiculous amount of health, fun counter attack, great unit to have, to get by light side missions. He has helped me in GW also, I don't think fives is good for arena unless on the right team. Down the road they might release more clones or Rex eventually becomes farmable, then could be very interesting.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Anyone has a good reason to gear him up? Can he be useful in any way in GW? I've not activated mine yet. I thought he would be too squishy to even do anything useful in GW.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Anyone has a good reason to gear him up? Can he be useful in any way in GW? I've not activated mine yet. I thought he would be too squishy to even do anything useful in GW.

Mine has 9170hp at 2* and 3/6 g7. 80 more purples till g8. :(

I used him in my all empire suicide team today and he did great. Little low on damage but at 2* and skills are only lv 3 right now I think he did fine. Last fight in GW and was planning on just doing damage and letting them die but they won. Enemy was QGJ lead, lumi, fives, and 2 others I forget.