Power to the guilds

C3Peio
37 posts Member
edited June 2019
I've said this multiple times and in various places, but after seeing that yesterday's "Dark Side Territory Battle - Geonosis Qualification Requirements" announcement had the word guild 16 times (you can check it), I think CG must be realizing how important guilds are. I mean, they're the main reason a big chunk of the player base stuck to the game after the Revans fiascos, for example. Being part of a team makes the game much more fun.
And, at the same time, CG has been asking more and more from guilds. Most of the new content is guild-directed, and cannot be played unless you are in one. So guilds are not even optional anymore. Even if you are a casual player.
So, please, CG, give something back to those guilds.

-Raise the donation cap!
-Make ALL GEAR donatable
-Make it possible to claim your donations even if they aren't fulfilled (sometimes you just need one piece but you need it now)

Those are givens. But I'll go further:
-Make ALL CURRENCIES donatable! Let us help each other with our farmings
-Allow us to donate character shards!! (There should be a choice "Which shard do you want converted and which do you want keep" in the store)

You know guilds are what move this game forward. Allow us to move with the game.

Replies

• Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    Options
    I would love all those things too but one thing and one thing only prevents many of those things from ever happening.

Alt Accounts.

If you could have 2 accounts for yourself and use one as a slave to the other, you'll effectively double your currency, gear and shards then by your hand only.
  • Options
    Tanzos wrote: »
    I would love all those things too but one thing and one thing only prevents many of those things from ever happening.

Alt Accounts.

If you could have 2 accounts for yourself and use one as a slave to the other, you'll effectively double your currency, gear and shards then by your hand only.

Yup. Not that I think that would be a bad thing, as someone who regularly plays three accounts, but it really wouldn't be fair to the vast majority of the players and would be impossible to police.

I would love to see a statistic about how many donations people have received lifetime though. I'm a fan of donating and I rarely request gear unless it's to finish off a piece. But it's funny how some of the same names keep showing up on the "can I have list" and you check out their lifetime donations and it's really low.