Just got me a shiny 7* C3!

What can I say - I found it hard. Very hard. I'd been dropping zetas and farming those murderbears single-mindedly. Unlocked him at 5* this morning. Was happy.

Tried the final mission to unlock him at 7*...got smashed. Tried again - got smashed. Again - got smashed.

I was very unhappy.

Put on Arena mods - smashed. Auto-assigned - smashed. Read a guide - smashed.

Was very, very close to walking away from the game for good. Why bother anymore after all that effort? Looked at another guide...reshuffled mods...basically as much speed as humanly possible. Read a bit more about getting the perfect start - and realised that is the key. If you lose two Ewoks and Chewie gets stealthed in the first wave then end it. Start again. You will not win. If you lose one Ewok that's ok, if Chewie is not stealthed. If you lose no Ewoks and Chewie isn't steathed - that's what you want and need.

I got it. Perfect.

In a nutshell you want to be hitting Chewie as much as possible, get rid of him. Except old Beardo rebel dude is going to keep taunting. SO - you need to work methodically - remove taunt, hit Chewie as much as you can (which won't be much), hit Beardo (nobody else you can hit) and eventually remove his taunt and put a few on Chewie. This is slow going...but, eventually and hopefully (if he's not put too many Wookie shots on you) he will go down.

Once he's down there's a little pressure off. He's the main attacker...now you have to repeat the above but between Beardo and Han. Few shots on Han, Beardo taunts, hit him, eventually remove his taunt and back to a few shots on Han. Slow and steady...the pressure is less now Chewie is not about.

Once Han is down? Pressure's off! Stick it on auto and make tea if you like lol. Between Leia, R2 and C3, none of them are going to cause you any significant problems. Get rid of Leia and then R2/C3 in whatever order you want.

And it's done. It's a marathon not a sprint. Takes some logic, patience, method and, of course, luck for that perfect start. BUT - once Chewie is down you can breathe easier. Once Han is down you can relax- you'll be fine.

Good luck, I hope you get him :smile:

Replies

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Oh, and I did it with a G9 Scout and not Wicket- it's doable!
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Congrats! :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Doesn’t feel doable. My Ewoks all are over 200 speed, with 4 of the 5 over 240. Still can’t even get to Chewie. Seems way to hard for a toon that is a year old.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Brockman08 wrote: »
    Doesn’t feel doable. My Ewoks all are over 200 speed, with 4 of the 5 over 240. Still can’t even get to Chewie. Seems way to hard for a toon that is a year old.

Its RNG for the start. Once you get that youre good. No one should die in the first volley. If they do you should just restart.

Mine are 92k with three g12s one g10 and one g11 and three zetas. Used Logray Paploo and Wicket.

So even though they are crazy stacked it took RNG. Its annoying, and not right but its doable.
  • Brockman08 wrote: »
    Doesn’t feel doable. My Ewoks all are over 200 speed, with 4 of the 5 over 240. Still can’t even get to Chewie. Seems way to hard for a toon that is a year old.
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Its RNG for the start. Once you get that youre good.

Totally this. The start you need is Chewie not stealthed and no Ewoks dead.

If you get that (and eventually you will) then you're away.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

This is only the second time 3po has been around..... 3-4 months old....
  • I got all my Ewoks to g12 with everyone at 208 speed or higher and the ideal Ewok team. Paploo died once in tier 7, and that was it. Got it first time, despite Chewie being stealthed at the start. So while it’s definitely possible to do with lower gear, maxing out gear and getting recommended speeds takes RNG out of the equation.
  • One Zeta. Logray?
  • Or Chief Chirpa?
  • Angryeagle wrote: »
    One Zeta. Logray?
    Angryeagle wrote: »
    Or Chief Chirpa?

Chirpa zeta > Logray zeta
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Do you have Chirpa’s zeta and all your Ewoks at 210 speed or higher?
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    how do you get them that high? Im luck if I have them at 190, speed primary arrows, sets, secondaries! What mods should I be using them to get them that high?

Here are my Ewoks for reference: https://swgoh.gg/squads/157490/
  • You can do it with less. I did it with this squad.

https://swgoh.gg/squads/158696/

I tried with G9 with Chirpa and Elder at G11 but couldn't, so I increased both (had the gear there for the event in case) so increase Chirpa to G10 and Elder to G12. My swgog.gg profile hasn't synced since but I only changed that so end speed was:

Chirpa - 177
    Elder - 208
    Logray - 211
    Paploo - 119
    Wicket - 207

The 3 you need over 200 are Elder, Logray and Wicket for varying reasons but mainly related to stealthing Elder, Elder creates TM, health recovery and revive and Logray for the daze.

Like others, you need RNG to work for you but once you get Chewie out, if you still have 5 ewoks its plain sailing.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

This is only the second time 3po has been around..... 3-4 months old....

Third time. First time C-3P0 came around I got him to 6*, second time I...….. ….forgot to gear my ewoks at all and didn't pick up the star. THIS time I did at least a little bit and should get the last star, but have to wait for the weekend... Blegh.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    @CoastalJames mind if I ask what your team was? It’s pretty fascinating to me that you got him with scout!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Nice work! I got 6* last time so was sure to get wicket for this time. Only g9 chirpa tho, so it's definitely doable with less than stellar squads.

Your tactic was same as mine. I found using teebo AND logray together was useful to clear taunt. Then just wait for things to line up and dont mess it up!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Another thing that helped me was to always use EEs first special firsr to clear bluffs and heal and just pray he revives whoever is dead also. Then save guaranteed rez for next turn.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    @CoastalJames mind if I ask what your team was? It’s pretty fascinating to me that you got him with scout!

Of course!

Chirpa Z Gear 10

Paploo Z Gear 12

Logray Z Gear 11

Elder Gear 10

Scout Gear 9

All modded solely for speed. Nothing else.

I seriously want to dropkick a dev for making an event that you grind half a year for and still can't complete! This is why they will lose players!

But you can complete it.