So, I have these Ewoks...

Prev1
VonZant
3843 posts Member
What the heck do I do with them? Mine are all g11 with zetas on Chirps Paploo and Logray. I have Scout instead of wicket.

Paploo, Chirps and Elder Speed. Scout Damage and Logray Potency. Then what? I just slap them on D and forget them. The few times I have run them on O they hit like wet noodles. Are the good against certain teams in GA for O, or do I just leave them on D?

Replies

• They can work well against FO. That’s what I tend to use them for.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    They can run a train on zBossk teams as well, and not that you tend to see her much on defense - but they can crush Rey (Jedi Training), they do good work against Carth teams (a bit RNG dependent though) or qi'ra leads (without nest - that is begging for a timeout), almost any filler squad in the back line is toast, they are convenient to kill ewok mirror matches too, the AI doesn't play them very well... solid B- offense team for GA/TW, probably a C+ on defense (although if you get some speed on them, especially Paploo, I've watched mine rack up a pleasantly surprising number of defenses too...)

I hear tell that lightning fast they can even beat JKR... no experience with that though.

I think they may fare okay against Padme squads, but haven't had a chance to try yet.
  • Ewoks are fast can overwhelm.

They are great against low defence teams that don't punish AOE attacks.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Another common defense team they fair well against is Phoenix, as long as you use stealth and/or daze to manage their counters.
    Still not a he.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Part of good GA roster development is making the most of what you got. Don't drop any more.resources in the team except getting wicket to 5-7*. A g10 5-7* Wicket will be more valuable to the team in GA than a G12 7* scout. If you take Wicket all the way you won't be saying, " Oh I regret that!" You are 1.toon away from a wonderful team.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    A 7* wicket is more valuable than a 5* wicket because zetas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I won't be getting C3-P0 for months at least, for the simple reason that I refuse to spend such a ludicrous amount of resources on a semi-useless squad of furries. Ol' goldenrod simply isn't worth it in my book :p
  • I won't be getting C3-P0 for months at least, for the simple reason that I refuse to spend such a ludicrous amount of resources on a semi-useless squad of furries. Ol' goldenrod simply isn't worth it in my book :p

Your choice, of course.

But semi-useless they ain't ;)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    They make good rugs
  • Kokie wrote: »
    They make good rugs

You win.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I won't be getting C3-P0 for months at least, for the simple reason that I refuse to spend such a ludicrous amount of resources on a semi-useless squad of furries. Ol' goldenrod simply isn't worth it in my book :p

Yep, C3PO is terrible, fully agree.

tenor.gif?itemid=13935229

Most definitely not useless. With a viable zWicket, this team requires you to burn a good offensive team if placed on defense and can take out a pretty good amount of GP on their own on offense (counters mentioned above). As with all teams, you have to mod them correctly for them to be useful, but I have zero regrets with them.

And saying Ol' goldenrod isn't worth gearing up a viable squad smacks of madness. "I'd rather not have a rebel team that can beat JKR or erase Traya without any worries, or solo HAAT, or..."
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So what does wicket bring that transforms the team? Scout does pretty good single-target damage, which the team is in desperate need of.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Wicket hits a lot harder, drives more TM, and with his zeta brings a large amount of healing.
    I won't be getting C3-P0 for months at least, for the simple reason that I refuse to spend such a ludicrous amount of resources on a semi-useless squad of furries. Ol' goldenrod simply isn't worth it in my book :p
    I have 7 star 3PO. The real prize of that event is my ewok team.
    Still not a he.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    So what does wicket bring that transforms the team? Scout does pretty good single-target damage, which the team is in desperate need of.
    Did you even look at Wicket's kit? :D
  • He's like Scout. Except he hits a lot harder. Simple.
  • willennium
    221 posts Member
    edited June 2019

Wicket's got great damage, he's got an AoE that grants TM to your team depending on how many crits, he's got an assist attack that grants him and his ally stealth and crit damage up, he gets bonus crit damage for each ewok, and he gets a chance to take a bonus turn at the end of his turn... plus if you zeta him, he recovers his team's health and protection for every crit he lands... he brings a lot more to the table than scout.

• MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    @TVF I never contested that C3-P0 was good, just that he wasn't worth abandoning all my other farms for, I have yet to unlock JKR for example and I really could use a Malak down the road.

Anyway seems the consensus is that they're not entirely useless. But they're still bloody midget furries! And I don't really have a Chewie or CLS to go with my Han, r2 and eventual C3, so there's that as well. So yeah no definitely not worth it at the moment :P
    Post edited by MightyWizard on
  • Wicket is useful for his AoE as well as keeping Elder under stealth.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Of course not! That is why I asked you guys!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Of course not! That is why I asked you guys!
    Lazy! :p
  • USPTO
    12 posts Member

I only leveled my Ewoks to get C3PO - I figured he’d be required someday for Jedi Luke. But now, the best thing is the Ewok team. Mod and zeta them, and they will surprise you.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    I just slap them on D and forget them.

That's all I do with them, and I have Wicket even. I will say that Wicket is noticeably better than Scout - he's the only Ewok that can dish out big hits, and his AOE and extra turns are handy.

But yeah, I just can't bring myself to invest more gear (they're G10-11) and better mods in them. While I think they definitely get more hate than they deserve, there's just something about them that summons up all of my "meh."

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    He's like Scout. Except he hits a lot harder. Simple.

I hope you read some other posts, or his kit, because this is false. He does more than just hit harder.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    I just slap them on D and forget them.

But yeah, I just can't bring myself to invest more gear (they're G10-11) and better mods in them. While I think they definitely get more hate than they deserve, there's just something about them that summons up all of my "meh."

I think it's cause they're like a "death by 1000 cuts type of team... and that's not as sexy as these meta teams that have units that can dish out a load of damage in one blow. They also don't have a good way to keep enemy buffs in check, and with all these new teams that give multiple teamwide buffs, it's kind of an issue.

• MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    Something overlooked by others is the Wicket-Paploo synergy as well as Wicket's usefulness against counter-attackers.

As some have said, the Furries are great against zKRU squads because they hardly inflict any debuffs. FO heals when gaining any status effect, and against hitters like CLS that can't avoid inflicting status effects they can be very frustrating.

But the Furries don't inflict status effects except for Daze - which is good against the FO counter-monsters. The rest of their time all their damage goes right to health & protection instead of being healed the moment its inflicted.

But what about those first couple of turns? The wrong counters against the wrong toons can prevent (or at least delay) the arrival of your TM train. That's where having a fast Wicket go first is such a great deal. Wicket grants himself Stealth, then grants the same to one other TARGET ally. If you pick Paploo you can gain decent damage and a free dispel (Paploo dispels on basic). But also, when Paploo is stealthed, he dispels stealth and automatically gains Taunt. If you choose someone else, you've stealthed another hitter, making that ewok immune to counters.

Yes, Wicket hits harder than any other ewok, but for FO duty, and in general for any offense against a counter-attack squad, Wicket's stealth mechanic that either hides everyone behind Paploo or hides one other hitter behind Stealth (which isn't as easily dispelled as Taunt) is a major, major upgrade.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    32xqq1.jpg
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    It's been a while since I've burned an A team like CLS on a B team like KRU, but I don't remember it taking more than 5 seconds. The damage far outpaces the healing from what I remember.
  • I took mine to G12 as I didn’t have Wicket and Logray ready....

Zetas on Paploo and Chirpa. Speeds 240 to 255

I got 7* C3PO within the first 20 minutes of the event - they stomped the opposition.
    As a result I’m now side farming Wicket and Logray to 7* (and zetas) —> They are seriously good!

C3PO will go with my Padme team.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    The few times I have run them on O they hit like wet noodles. Are the good against certain teams in GA for O, or do I just leave them on D?

Ewoks are poor in defence.

A good Ewok team is good in offence.