Clone Sergeant phase 1

Matu
46 posts Member
Why isint him that good for new Clone team?

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I am no clone expert, but based on the videos I watched tonight, he is necessary for the clone team.
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    I am no clone expert, but based on the videos I watched tonight, he is necessary for the clone team.

But he is not on that synergy pic, why?
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    If it is about Shaak Ti lead, then:
    It's because abilities on the other clones.

Rex gives team cleanse and Tenacity up, plus turn meter

Cody gives a second full team assist plus self turn meter and AoE

Echo gives health recover and cleanse enemies

Fives gives assist, and is the only tank

Clone Sgt only gives Dmg, self TM and AoE TM reduction.

If you remove any of the other clones in favour of Clone Sgt, the team will suffer.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    Juzz wrote: »
    If it is about Shaak Ti lead, then:
    It's because abilities on the other clones.

Rex gives team cleanse and Tenacity up, plus turn meter

Cody gives a second full team assist plus self turn meter and AoE

Echo gives health recover and cleanse enemies

Fives gives assist, and is the only tank

Clone Sgt only gives Dmg, self TM and AoE TM reduction.

If you remove any of the other clones in favour of Clone Sgt, the team will suffer.

Tnx alot :smile:
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    You absolutely want Clone Sarge on the team. Without him, the damage is extremely sub-par.
  • But if you remove Sergeant then the team risks not having the DPS to fight its way out of a paper bag.

Personally I think it’s going to be situational for each battle. Shaak Ti replicates a lot of the other Clones’ abilities (mass assist, dispel, cleanse etc.), so for any given battle you might not need multiple sources of a particular ability. (For example, i used to take on EP teams (pre-Sion) with my Clones which meant you needed a fast Rex. But if the opposition didn’t have big debuffs then I used to drop him out for Leia instead)

My thought is that Sergeant will stay and I will drop either Rex or Cody depending on the opponent. Perhaps even drop Fives if massive early burst damage will swing the fight without the need for a tank at all.

Tl;dr Don’t drop Sarge, drop the least useful utility character for that particular battle
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Shakk ti gives cleanse so I’d drop Rex. Sarg is the main Damage and with stacking crit damage from shakk will be hitting hard and fast with his self TM.
    Also the best non faction leader for a cross faction squad is rex so it’s a win win.
  • Also note that Sarge doesn't have an out-of-turn attack. Shaak-Ti is designed to synergize best with out-of-turn attackers and with clones. If you're both (Fives & Echo) you're a must for Shaak-Ti. Cody doesn't have out-of-turn attacks, but does grant literally all others OOTs with the mass assist special. thus is also a must. Fives also grants an OOT to one other ally, but you don't get to choose which one and it's on a special, so ... it doesn't really count the way Cody's mass assist does. But since Fives already is a must (from counter and Clone), no biggie.

Then you get to Rex & Sarge. If Shaak-Ti is in the leader slot, well you only have a 5-person squad, so there's only one slot left. Which is the better character? Most would say Rex. Sarge does more damage, of course, but with offense up and retribution from Shaak-Ti that's not quite as important. Also, remember that Rex's cleanse grants minimum 60% (max 100%) TM to each clone ally, where Sarge reduces enemy TM by only 50%, but this does not apply if the attack is dodged and can be resisted. Sarge does damage while while reducing TM, Rex cleanses while gaining TM. I'm not sure that the loss of AoE damage really brings Sarge even since you don't have to worry about dodge/resistance.

It's a closer call than some might assume, but they're probably right that of the two, Rex is better.

Keep in mind though, that with a close call like that the toon you have better geared/starred should probably win out. Cody, Fives & Echo are the only absolutes, and they might even drop out once we get new toons, depending on those kits.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I think loads will drop Rex from their Shaak team, and instead use Sarge. And have Rex go lead somewhere else because he's still a great plug and play leader.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    Matu wrote: »

But he is not on that synergy pic, why?

Because that's just a suggestion. Doesn't mean it's optimal.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    So this is great, it reinforces what I came up with independently. Keep Serge and drop Rex. But my question is: everyone's talking about what a great cross-faction leader Rex is. With so many specific teams (Rebels, Geos, Seps, Galactic Repub, Phoenix, etc., etc.) what ragtag leftover bunch would I put Rex with? I'm NOT going to let him lead people who are better put with their natural leaders, so it will have to be extras. Anything come to mind?
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    One more question - to they need speed???
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Again, no expert, but damage first then speed secondaries would be my guess. The assists and counters reduce the need for speed.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Drop Rex, use Sarge, gain an additional team.

I've never run Clones, but this is exactly how I would do it if I did.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member

Again, no expert, but damage first then speed secondaries would be my guess. The assists and counters reduce the need for speed.

Listen to this guy. He knows how to read a characters kit like neo sees the matrix. Proof ? Any post he makes about teams that are not common or meta
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Also note that Sarge doesn't have an out-of-turn attack. Shaak-Ti is designed to synergize best with out-of-turn attackers and with clones. If you're both (Fives & Echo) you're a must for Shaak-Ti. Cody doesn't have out-of-turn attacks, but does grant literally all others OOTs with the mass assist special. thus is also a must. Fives also grants an OOT to one other ally, but you don't get to choose which one and it's on a special, so ... it doesn't really count the way Cody's mass assist does. But since Fives already is a must (from counter and Clone), no biggie.

All clones have an out of turn attack from retribution. So that doesn’t matter that Cody and Sarg have no out of turn attack. Agree with everything else.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member

Depends on what you are planning on facing them with. If you can get Cody to go first, I think I’d want to go max speed on him and get him to attack first. Then he can go again immediately after Shaak Ti calls her assist. Then he can potentially go a 3rd time after Rex.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Depends on what you are planning on facing them with. If you can get Cody to go first, I think I’d want to go max speed on him and get him to attack first. Then he can go again immediately after Shaak Ti calls her assist. Then he can potentially go a 3rd time after Rex.

@Bulldog1205 Did you whale on Shaak? Was wondering if somone was going to do some raid testing. I'm no raid theory crafter but the team seems like it could be fun in a few spots.

Anyway, again my clones blow so I can't even test her at low star, but since she is so fast and can call a mass assist seems like that with good damage mods they might be able to instagib some attackers. With her speed bonus lead will Cody out-speed her?

And I didnt finish the podcast and my kids were crawling all over me but I swear Carrie dropped a hint when talking about Shaak like "read between the lines here but there might be missing pieces kinda like when we revealed Anakin touch up with no zeta." Or something like that. So maybe something else soon-ish.

@Stick not sure if you are being serious but thanks I think. Ive had plenty of failed theories though. ;)
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    @VonZant
    Totally serious. Your talk of scoundrels made me get a scoundrel team. And your talk of utilizing characters that you have also is inspiring.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member

@Bulldog1205 Did you whale on Shaak? Was wondering if somone was going to do some raid testing. I'm no raid theory crafter but the team seems like it could be fun in a few spots.

Anyway, again my clones blow so I can't even test her at low star, but since she is so fast and can call a mass assist seems like that with good damage mods they might be able to instagib some attackers. With her speed bonus lead will Cody out-speed her?

And I didnt finish the podcast and my kids were crawling all over me but I swear Carrie dropped a hint when talking about Shaak like "read between the lines here but there might be missing pieces kinda like when we revealed Anakin touch up with no zeta." Or something like that. So maybe something else soon-ish.

@Stick not sure if you are being serious but thanks I think. Ive had plenty of failed theories though. ;)

No, unfortunately not. I wish I had the money to do so, because this team looks like fun. Don’t have the zetas anyway though, so it’s not even tempting.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member

Forgot to respond to this part. Max Cody with the speed bonus is 162. Shaak Ti is 170. So he’s a little slower but the gap is small enough it can be made up, and it’s not unreasonable for a 162 speed character to go first in battle.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    @VonZant
    Totally serious. Your talk of scoundrels made me get a scoundrel team. And your talk of utilizing characters that you have also is inspiring.

Zant is truly an icon