48 Stars and do I need to leave my guild?

Prev134
LendersQuiz
1166 posts Member
Not everyone has "The frozen Empire" achievement where your guild needs to get 48 stars in the Hoth TB.

With the new Geonosis TB, for those guild members that are still lacking this achievement, will they be forced to go to another guild if the one they are in only wants to to the Geonosis TB?

Is it fair to the rest of the guild to do a Hoth TB just for those members missing the achievement and miss out on the extra goodies from the Geonosis TB?

I surmise that a guild that is powerful enough to get 48 Stars might, as a majority, would want to only do the Geonosis TB. New guild members be darned.

Replies

• What I would suggest is having an open discussion with your guild to do a hoth TB once in a while.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    From the devs: "2) I'm seeing a lot of questions about rewards. Generally they're along the lines of "Can I still receive GET from Geonosis?" CG_Cyanides recently wrote here that players would be able to get GET and GET MK II from Geonosis. So those players that are still pursuing Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and other goodies in the GET store can still make progress towards them WHILE also making progress on Geonosis goodies."

That's all great, but what about people that still need Imperial Probe droid shards? They can only be found in the Hoth TB.

Having an open discussion with your guild to do a hoth TB once in a while is always an option, but everytime you do this, the guild falls behind on Geonosis TB rewards. This brings me back to my "Is it fair to the rest of the guild" question I asked.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If you are in a guild that got 48* before you got there and you are the only one that hasn't gotten the achievement, then I guess this might be an issue, but for many people their entire guild is lacking the achievement. So they can decide as a guild to forego one Geo TB once they think they can knock out the 48*, and since it's only one time it's not really a big deal.
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    No one should be forced to choose between DIFFERENT content that have different rewards (situation way different from tiers, brackets or caps for instance), no matter if they already maxed it or not.

Choosing not to play something is totally different from not being able to do it because there aren't "time slot" for it.

That is something that can break the game and it ISN'T a must... they are just choosing the easiest way for the development and exploration point of view... not the best solution for the costumers (players).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    From the devs: "2) I'm seeing a lot of questions about rewards. Generally they're along the lines of "Can I still receive GET from Geonosis?" CG_Cyanides recently wrote here that players would be able to get GET and GET MK II from Geonosis. So those players that are still pursuing Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and other goodies in the GET store can still make progress towards them WHILE also making progress on Geonosis goodies."

That's all great, but what about people that still need Imperial Probe droid shards? They can only be found in the Hoth TB.

Having an open discussion with your guild to do a hoth TB once in a while is always an option, but everytime you do this, the guild falls behind on Geonosis TB rewards. This brings me back to my "Is it fair to the rest of the guild" question I asked.

I believe IPD is available in another event, so not exclusive to TB. Also we dont know the future, they may make those shards available in other locations with this addition.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not everyone has "The frozen Empire" achievement where your guild needs to get 48 stars in the Hoth TB.

With the new Geonosis TB, for those guild members that are still lacking this achievement, will they be forced to go to another guild if the one they are in only wants to to the Geonosis TB?

Is it fair to the rest of the guild to do a Hoth TB just for those members missing the achievement and miss out on the extra goodies from the Geonosis TB?

I surmise that a guild that is powerful enough to get 48 Stars might, as a majority, would want to only do the Geonosis TB. New guild members be darned.

Our alliance will regularly restructure a guild to max stars on a TB allowing players to get the achievements. It may happen less often at the higher end now, but it's nothing that you cant discuss with your guild and work out.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't have it either, or ROLO, or IPD. Kinda sucks but I want my g12 finishers way more so all in all I'm very satisfied.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    If you are in a guild that got 48* before you got there and you are the only one that hasn't gotten the achievement, then I guess this might be an issue, but for many people their entire guild is lacking the achievement. So they can decide as a guild to forego one Geo TB once they think they can knock out the 48*, and since it's only one time it's not really a big deal.

One time no, not a major issue, but imagine you are a guild leader and every 3 months a new guild member joins asking for a Hoth TB because they need the achievement or they need IPD (Imperial Probe Droid) shards.

Take myself as an example, my IPD is at 5 stars. How many Hoth TBs will that take to get me to 7 stars? How fair is that to the guild as a whole if the majority wants the Geonosis TB rewards?

Kyno does make a fair point in stating that the IPD shards are available in another event as well as having an alliance of guilds that will restructure a guild just for the purpose of the achievement & shards. Solutions do exist, but they require ALOT of extra coordination and doing a Hoth TB still means that you as an individual will be falling behind.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I believe IPD is available in another event, so not exclusive to TB. Also we dont know the future, they may make those shards available in other locations with this addition.

Both IPD and ROLO are available in one of the Galactic Bounties events, I forget which.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    leaving a guild that can do geotb to get an achievement is hilarious. no offense, and I'm assuming you mean the achievement, not the achievement rewards
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    The bottom line in here is the concept.

See a lot of comments that face this as a progressive matter... Geo TB as a kind of evolution tier for Hoth TB.
    I wouldnt had any issues at all if that was true. The problem is that doesn't seem like it. If it was a progressive feature then we wouldn't have to choose anything... they just allow some kind of sim on Hoth TB for some guilds (like Rancor sim) or just incorporate all max rewards from Hoth in the minimuns rewards we can get on Geo TB.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    AceCV wrote: »
    The bottom line in here is the concept.

See a lot of comments that face this as a progressive matter... Geo TB as a kind of evolution tier for Hoth TB.
    I wouldnt had any issues at all if that was true. The problem is that doesn't seem like it. If it was a progressive feature then we wouldn't have to choose anything... they just allow some kind of sim on Hoth TB for some guilds (like Rancor sim) or just incorporate all max rewards from Hoth in the minimuns rewards we can get on Geo TB.

I feel like everybody who makes the argument that this is unprecedented wasn't around in the days when you had to choose between challenge tiers with mutually exclusive rewards.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Both IPD and ROLO are available in one of the Galactic Bounties events, I forget which.

It's GB1. The issues there are:

A: GB1 comes around once a month, sometimes less, so it'd take ages to get a 7* probe droid that way
    B: It also offers Wampa shards, which are objectively more valuable
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gair
    616 posts Member
    Once the people are done doing geo days before Hoth finishes and with more rewards. The crybabies will make it rain. These achievements will be the made from the salt of those tears.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    leaving a guild that can do geotb to get an achievement is hilarious. no offense, and I'm assuming you mean the achievement, not the achievement rewards

Yes of course the achievement itself but one comes with the other. You cannot gain the achievement without gaining the rewards as well.
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    I feel like everybody who makes the argument that this is unprecedented wasn't around in the days when you had to choose between challenge tiers with mutually exclusive rewards.

I'm arround since 2015 so I know what you are saying.

I never told this was unprecedented... I told this was BAD and that is avoidable.

Unfortunately, as you said, it happened in challenges BUT that was solved, cause didn' t make any sense. Now, comparing a challenge that happens 2 or 3 times a week to a complex feature that takes near a week and only comes by 1 time a month is far-fetched.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

A: GB1 comes around once a month, sometimes less, so it'd take ages to get a 7* probe droid that way

Yes, and on top of all that it’s 20 shards per month or less, whereas Hoth TB used to provide a possible 100 per month, knocked down to 50...because the new TB was supposed to somehow make this reduction make sense???

• Kyno does make a fair point in stating that the IPD shards are available in another event.

Lol, have fun getting ipd and rolo from galactic bounties if you are a new player. 20 shards (maybe) a month. Not gonna happen.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    New players shouldn’t be concerned with finishers or the Geo TB. Roster development gear and mat farming is much more pressing.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2019
  • Lol, have fun getting ipd and rolo from galactic bounties if you are a new player. 20 shards (maybe) a month. Not gonna happen.

Be that as it may, the question I originally posed is still the issue at hand.

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    IMO, if I have IPD, Rolo and have a solid group of g11/12+ Darkside (Separatist) squads. I play Geo Tb for the probably limited rewards.
  • CoolpantsMcghee
    74 posts Member
    edited June 2019
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I wonder how many people in this situation have actually weighed the risks vs the rewards. Meaning, for people hovering in a guild barely able to actually make the cutoff to participate, they just might get more rewards or rewards more appropriate to their level than the geo tb rewards.

If it were me, if I were a new whale and capable of being in a higher end guild I’d probably forgo the achievement.

However, if I were in a125m gp guild who tried the geo tb, didn’t get as far as I arrogantly thought the guild would which resulted in receiving enough rewards where it would take several months to craft even one finisher, I’d probably just keep plugging away at the old tb until such a time where everyone is actually ready to make the attempts at geo tb worth it. I’m saying that before we see rewards. Still, I imagine 40+ stars in hoth tb is better than 5-10 (generously) in geo tb, dependent on player level.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Be that as it may, the question I originally posed is still the issue at hand.

It's not clear that leaving your guild would even help. How would you even find a guild to get you the achievement? Any guild that's capable of getting 48* is also only going to be doing Geo. Hey maybe somebody will set up a guild that's just for people trying to get the achievement and each month 50 people with high enough GP join it for a week and then go back where they were.
  • One time no, not a major issue, but imagine you are a guild leader and every 3 months a new guild member joins asking for a Hoth TB because they need the achievement or they need IPD (Imperial Probe Droid) shards.

That's a completely different thing. That's on the player joining the guild. Let's assume my guild does the one-time DS Hoth to get the 48* achievement, and intends to do GTB exclusively otherwise. Once we've done the one-time 48*, whenever we are recruiting or someone is looking to join, we would make it clear that we only do GTB, and not Hoth. If someone joins, it's with the understanding that they're not getting the achievement with us, or the shards from the Hoth TBs.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    If you are really hung up on an achievement with very minor rewards attached to it and you feel you need to get it just for the sake of it...that's hardly the guilds problem...imho.

A 48 star achieving guild will be very good at the new TB, thus things to gain from the new TB on your side and rest of the guild will be quite a lot better.

IPD shards are a more debatable territory which CG needs to somehow address, the achievement thingie is not.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Yes, and on top of all that it’s 20 shards per month or less, whereas Hoth TB used to provide a possible 100 per month, knocked down to 50...because the new TB was supposed to somehow make this reduction make sense???

IPD was reduced to 50 because geo TB, so I imagine IPD shards will be available in Geo TB or we have been hustled
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Just let us sim the hoth battles and let it run alongside Geo TB.... Even lower the rewards by simming, if too much free stuff is such a world crisis.