48 Stars and do I need to leave my guild?

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    It's not a world crisis, it's a business trying to make profit.

Profit keeps the game going.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    According to CG_SBCrumb - "Guilds that are easily completing (48 Stars) Hoth DSTB are projected to earn 20-24 stars"

Does this mean if my guild does 24 stars, we all get "the frozen empire" achievement? If not, then how do people missing the achievement get the achievement without forcing the rest of the guild to give up on geo tb rewards.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    From the devs: "2) I'm seeing a lot of questions about rewards. Generally they're along the lines of "Can I still receive GET from Geonosis?" CG_Cyanides recently wrote here that players would be able to get GET and GET MK II from Geonosis. So those players that are still pursuing Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and other goodies in the GET store can still make progress towards them WHILE also making progress on Geonosis goodies."

That's all great, but what about people that still need Imperial Probe droid shards? They can only be found in the Hoth TB.

Having an open discussion with your guild to do a hoth TB once in a while is always an option, but everytime you do this, the guild falls behind on Geonosis TB rewards. This brings me back to my "Is it fair to the rest of the guild" question I asked.

I believe IPD is available in another event, so not exclusive to TB. Also we dont know the future, they may make those shards available in other locations with this addition.

Both IPD and ROLO are available in one of the Galactic Bounties events, I forget which.

It's GB1. The issues there are:

A: GB1 comes around once a month, sometimes less, so it'd take ages to get a 7* probe droid that way
    B: It also offers Wampa shards, which are objectively more valuable

Yes, and on top of all that it’s 20 shards per month or less, whereas Hoth TB used to provide a possible 100 per month, knocked down to 50...because the new TB was supposed to somehow make this reduction make sense???

IPD was reduced to 50 because geo TB, so I imagine IPD shards will be available in Geo TB or we have been hustled

Have you been following along at home lately? We’ve been hustled. It’s always a hustle.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    According to CG_SBCrumb - "Guilds that are easily completing (48 Stars) Hoth DSTB are projected to earn 20-24 stars"

Does this mean if my guild does 24 stars, we all get "the frozen empire" achievement? If not, then how do people missing the achievement get the achievement without forcing the rest of the guild to give up on geo tb rewards.

They definitely won't give you the Frozen Empire achievement for doing 24 stars in Geonosis.
    And no it's not fair to the rest of the guild to ask to Hoth DS TB instead of Geonosis for an achievement. The achievement, while nice to have, doesn't actually advance your roster. Geonosis rewards will advance all the rosters of everyone in the guild with rewards, so it's not really fair to reduce the rewards of the whole guild for a different portrait.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    From the devs: "2) I'm seeing a lot of questions about rewards. Generally they're along the lines of "Can I still receive GET from Geonosis?" CG_Cyanides recently wrote here that players would be able to get GET and GET MK II from Geonosis. So those players that are still pursuing Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and other goodies in the GET store can still make progress towards them WHILE also making progress on Geonosis goodies."

That's all great, but what about people that still need Imperial Probe droid shards? They can only be found in the Hoth TB.

Having an open discussion with your guild to do a hoth TB once in a while is always an option, but everytime you do this, the guild falls behind on Geonosis TB rewards. This brings me back to my "Is it fair to the rest of the guild" question I asked.

I believe IPD is available in another event, so not exclusive to TB. Also we dont know the future, they may make those shards available in other locations with this addition.

Both IPD and ROLO are available in one of the Galactic Bounties events, I forget which.

It's GB1. The issues there are:

A: GB1 comes around once a month, sometimes less, so it'd take ages to get a 7* probe droid that way
    B: It also offers Wampa shards, which are objectively more valuable

Yes, and on top of all that it’s 20 shards per month or less, whereas Hoth TB used to provide a possible 100 per month, knocked down to 50...because the new TB was supposed to somehow make this reduction make sense???

IPD was reduced to 50 because geo TB, so I imagine IPD shards will be available in Geo TB or we have been hustled

Have you been following along at home lately? We’ve been hustled. It’s always a hustle.

IPD and ROLO weren't reduced because of GeoTB, they were reduced because top end guilds were getting too much easy shard shop currency. As he said above, we've been hustled. Nothing new there. ROLO and IPD are still somewhat available from Galactic Bounties I for those that are behind. Theres no reason for IPD and ROLO shards to be available in Geo TB, that makes no sense.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Carrie said they will be available from the GEC mk2 currency IIRC. So no hustle.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Vertigo, so looks like the only real solution for a person who really wants the achievement (perhaps they are a completionist) is to leave their guild and find another guild that can do 48 hoth stars but can't do 24 geo tb stars.

If this is the case, then I am at a loss for words and totally disappointed.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    So a pointless title is more important to you than access to the new gear?
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I surmise that a guild that is powerful enough to get 48 Stars might, as a majority, would want to only do the Geonosis TB. New guild members be darned.
    From what I can ascertain there will be little reason to continue with Hoth. Yes, it does seem like a deciding factor.
    @TVF
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Um.. Ok?
  • Options
    CG might rotate between Hoth and Geonosis each month once lightside Geo comes out. I don’t think they said it’s permanent that guilds will have to choose between the two but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    There are some solutions to the issue I brought up when I first started this post.
    The devs always bring up the time spent problem, there are solutions to that problem as well.

1. Allow guilds to sim TB battles if they have already reached the max number of stars and a certain number of times (think simming Rancor Raid), thus saving time.
    2. Allow guilds to go to the next round as soon as they reach the max number of stars in the current round, thuis saving time.
    3. All all three TBs to happen each once per month, while adjusting the rewards accordingly of course, thus allowing people to achieve the achievement.
    4. As stated by CG_SBCrumb - "Guilds that are easily completing (48 Stars) Hoth DSTB are projected to earn 20-24 stars" so if a guild reaches let say 25 Geo stars, then grant the 48 stars achievement automatically, thus allowing people to achieve the achievement.
    5. Let people sim any and all battles a person has achieved three stars in, thus saving time. I'm looking at you 8 round assault battles.
    6. Allow guilds to sim the Tank & Sith Raid, with similar conditions to how we now sim the Rancor Raid, thus saving time.

Those are some of my ideas, I'm sure other people will have more.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo, so looks like the only real solution for a person who really wants the achievement (perhaps they are a completionist) is to leave their guild and find another guild that can do 48 hoth stars but can't do 24 geo tb stars.

If this is the case, then I am at a loss for words and totally disappointed.

I don't understand your post. If your guild is running the Geonosian TBs and climbs above 200M GP you'd like them to do the Hoth TBs so that you can get the achievement. I get that. What I don't understand is, if they say no, where is it you think you (and many other players) are going to go? It looks to me, and to everyone I've talked to, that the threshold for the Geonosian TBs is closer to 10 stars than 24 stars. There aren't going to be guilds that can get 45/48 Stars in the Hoth TBs that aren't running the Geonosian TBs.

• Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    What I don't understand is, if they say no, where is it you think you (and many other players) are going to go? It looks to me, and to everyone I've talked to, that the threshold for the Geonosian TBs is closer to 10 stars than 24 stars. There aren't going to be guilds that can get 45/48 Stars in the Hoth TBs that aren't running the Geonosian TBs.

But you do understand the point. What your wrote above proves it.
    By the devs making the geo TB a choice between it and the hoth TB, they have also made the hoth achievement, no longer obtainable. From a certain point of view......
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    From a certain point of view......

That's accurate. The other point of view is that it's not even out yet and this is all hypothetical. And that this certainly could be a problem for a few people for a few months while CGs sorts out the details And, finally, that CG is unlikely to permanently "lock" an achievement behind a guild leader's decision (see: CG's stance on deploying/moving/removing teams in TW).

Neither point of view will be proven to be accurate (or inaccurate) for quite a while.
  • Options
    Neither point of view will be proven to be accurate (or inaccurate) for quite a while.

You are correct.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    AceCV wrote: »
    The bottom line in here is the concept.

See a lot of comments that face this as a progressive matter... Geo TB as a kind of evolution tier for Hoth TB.
    I wouldnt had any issues at all if that was true. The problem is that doesn't seem like it. If it was a progressive feature then we wouldn't have to choose anything... they just allow some kind of sim on Hoth TB for some guilds (like Rancor sim) or just incorporate all max rewards from Hoth in the minimuns rewards we can get on Geo TB.

I feel like everybody who makes the argument that this is unprecedented wasn't around in the days when you had to choose between challenge tiers with mutually exclusive rewards.

We need to move forward from bad dev decisions,its bad decision.Games make qol improvements as time passes,not take things away.
    I dont understand why ppl fail to realise that breaking up guilds is never a good idea,some ppl will just quit if they lose their friends,its as simple as that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    AceCV wrote: »
    The bottom line in here is the concept.

See a lot of comments that face this as a progressive matter... Geo TB as a kind of evolution tier for Hoth TB.
    I wouldnt had any issues at all if that was true. The problem is that doesn't seem like it. If it was a progressive feature then we wouldn't have to choose anything... they just allow some kind of sim on Hoth TB for some guilds (like Rancor sim) or just incorporate all max rewards from Hoth in the minimuns rewards we can get on Geo TB.

I feel like everybody who makes the argument that this is unprecedented wasn't around in the days when you had to choose between challenge tiers with mutually exclusive rewards.

We need to move forward from bad dev decisions,its bad decision.Games make qol improvements as time passes,not take things away.
    I dont understand why ppl fail to realise that breaking up guilds is never a good idea,some ppl will just quit if they lose their friends,its as simple as that.

Guilds break up because personal choices made when new content is released, should they not make new content?

This has happened with all new raids and guild events.
  • IG007
    40 posts Member
    Options
    If you think IPD or "Vader's Fist" titles are a problem, try killing 50 Wampas without the 5 monthly TB kills.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    It kinda blows my mind that anyone thinks a user title or an achievement is this important, but if it is to you, either convince your guild, or find another guild that agrees with you. You have options, exercise them.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is, if they say no, where is it you think you (and many other players) are going to go? It looks to me, and to everyone I've talked to, that the threshold for the Geonosian TBs is closer to 10 stars than 24 stars. There aren't going to be guilds that can get 45/48 Stars in the Hoth TBs that aren't running the Geonosian TBs.

But you do understand the point. What your wrote above proves it.
    By the devs making the geo TB a choice between it and the hoth TB, they have also made the hoth achievement, no longer obtainable. From a certain point of view......

This guy does have a valid point. If the 10* DGTB rewards are better than 48* DHTB rewards, then there is no reason to ever pursue the final ~5* of DHTB. There is just no point to it. Further, there is no point to chasing the Hoth TB at all, just gear up your Separatists and Clones and go right after Geonosis from the get-go. Makes Hoth and a whole host of characters almost completely obsolete.
  • Preto
    56 posts Member
    Options
    A title is a vanity item. If this is more important than having better characters and beating higher game content, you need to find a guild where vanity takes precedence over progression.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Makes Hoth and a whole host of characters almost completely obsolete.

That's what new content does.

• Options
    Preto wrote: »
    A title is a vanity item. If this is more important than having better characters and beating higher game content, you need to find a guild where vanity takes precedence over progression.

Some people are completionists.
    If that is not your style, that's fine. There is more than one way to play this game.
    There is no need to make others feel "bad" about wanting 100%.

By making the hoth TB "obsolete" the devs are effectively making any titles, quests, characters, etc. dependent on the hoth tb either impossible to acquire or at the very least very difficult to acquire.

For example, hunting wampas for the quest is much easier when the hoth TB gives you 5 to hunt per month.

Maybe the devs will do something else to make hoth TB "dependent" things possible. If the devs to do not address the issues I brought up, then as I stated earlier, I am at a loss for words and it does make me sad.
  • Options
    The simple solution is to make all achievements for hoth available in geonosis. Change the achievement to read "max stars in a light side tb" and same for dark. Make rolo and ipd available through mk 1 guild event currency. Everybody gets to progress without having to sacrifice too much
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

If that is not your style, that's fine. There is more than one way to play this game.

By making the hoth TB "obsolete" the devs are effectively making any titles, quests, characters, etc. dependent on the hoth tb either impossible to acquire or at the very least very difficult to acquire.

For example, hunting wampas for the quest is much easier when the hoth TB gives you 5 to hunt per month.

Maybe the devs will do something else to make hoth TB "dependent" things possible. If the devs to do not address the issues I brought up, then as I stated earlier, I am at a loss for words and it does make me sad.

They haven't made it obsolete. Maybe for you, but that's not the same thing.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Should they make geo tb stuff avaliable elsewhere too? After all it's a sad state affairs for completionists (who are also not willing to go the mile for their completion)
  • Options
    They haven't made it obsolete. Maybe for you, but that's not the same thing.

The devs made it "obsolete" by making this statement:
    "It’s worth noting that the rewards for completing roughly half of Separatist Might is worth more than what you would receive for beating all of Hoth DSTB" aka 48 stars.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206500/dark-side-geonosis-territory-battle-difficulty-progression

Unless a guild wants to give up on getting Geo TB rewards, there is not much point in doing the Hoth TB.
    No_Try wrote: »
    Should they make geo tb stuff avaliable elsewhere too? After all it's a sad state affairs for completionists (who are also not willing to go the mile for their completion)

You and I both know that we are not talking about the same thing. There is no "extra mile" possible for the Geo TB that has not even been released.

If the extra mile you speak of is trying to find a guild who is willing to give up on Geo TB rewards for the sake of helping a handful of people getting the Hoth TB achievement, I think that's a bit of a stretch. This does bring us back full circle to the title of this post! "48 Stars and do I need to leave my guild?"

I should have made the title "48 Stars and does a person need to leave their guild?" so as to not imply that I was speaking about myself personally.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

You and I both know that we are not talking about the same thing. There is no "extra mile" possible for the Geo TB that has not even been released.

If the extra mile you speak of is trying to find a guild who is willing to give up on Geo TB rewards for the sake of helping a handful of people getting the Hoth TB achievement, I think that's a bit of a stretch. This does bring us back full circle to the title of this post! "48 Stars and do I need to leave my guild?"

I should have made the title "48 Stars and does a person need to leave their guild?" so as to not imply that I was speaking about myself personally.

Ok then, the answer is: yeah, exactly. Absurd requests have absurd answers. In a game with countless real game issues that needs improving/resolving, your qualm has a self contained answer.

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Achievements have always been vanity stuff.

You don’t get anything other than bragging rights and you really have to go out of your way to complete it.

The achievement is meaningless but if you really want it that badly you would need to sacrifice Geo TB once

Just like you need to run a bunch of teams in arena for some of the quests that aren’t meta for the sake of personal bragging rights
  • Options
    Ok then, the answer is: yeah, exactly. Absurd requests have absurd answers. In a game with countless real game issues that needs improving/resolving, your qualm has a self contained answer.

and as stated a few times already, finding a guild that is willing to hold themselves back is equally absurd.

By the devs making the geo TB a choice between it and the hoth TB, they have also made the hoth achievement, no longer obtainable. From a certain point of view.....which I will submit to you is also absurd.

So in summary........dammed if you do, dammed if you don't! :)