48 Stars and do I need to leave my guild?

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Ok then, the answer is: yeah, exactly. Absurd requests have absurd answers. In a game with countless real game issues that needs improving/resolving, your qualm has a self contained answer.

and as stated a few times already, finding a guild that is willing to hold themselves back is equally absurd.

By the devs making the geo TB a choice between it and the hoth TB, they have also made the hoth achievement, no longer obtainable. From a certain point of view.....which I will submit to you is also absurd.

So in summary........dammed if you do, dammed if you don't! :)

They didn't do anything to make it unobtainable. The other option is to convince your guild to do Hoth every 4-5 whatever times. It's exactly at the spot it was. But you don't want to sacrifice anything to grab it either, do you?
  • Options
    Not everyone has "The frozen Empire" achievement where your guild needs to get 48 stars in the Hoth TB.

With the new Geonosis TB, for those guild members that are still lacking this achievement, will they be forced to go to another guild if the one they are in only wants to to the Geonosis TB?

Priorities. If the most important thing to you is getting some pointless "achievement" then go hunt it....go find a guild that wants to do Hoth and fall way behind everyone doing the Geo TB.
    That's all great, but what about people that still need Imperial Probe droid shards? They can only be found in the Hoth TB.

IPD and ROLO shards can be obtained from the Galactic Bounty event and I'm sure they'll be added somewhere.
    AceCV wrote: »
    No one should be forced to choose between DIFFERENT content that have different rewards (situation way different from tiers, brackets or caps for instance), no matter if they already maxed it or not.

Let's be real...it's not really about the Hoth "content". Most people that have been around awhile have been complaining that the Hoth TB is boring and monotonous and that they just auto most battles. New players won't be able to do the Geo TB anyway unless they choose to go to a higher guild that will carry them and that's their choice....but otherwise, new players will still be doing Hoth. For the older players, all they really care about is the Hoth rewards. Be honest...people just want 3-4 TBs of rewards per month...has nothing to do with the "content'. If they gave us both TBs at the same time, they'd just cut the rewards in half for each one. This is a progression game and they aren't going to just dump a bunch of extra resources on us...the whole game is about gating progression.
  • Options
    But you don't want to sacrifice anything to grab it either, do you?

as i said.........dammed if you do, dammed if you don't! :)
  • Options
    and fall way behind everyone doing the Geo TB.

This was one of the points I was making. I suspect that most, if not all guilds, will want to do the geo TB to get geo TB rewards. This is why I said that the achievement will be "unobtainable".
  • Options
    Not everyone has "The frozen Empire" achievement where your guild needs to get 48 stars in the Hoth TB.

With the new Geonosis TB, for those guild members that are still lacking this achievement, will they be forced to go to another guild if the one they are in only wants to to the Geonosis TB?

Priorities. If the most important thing to you is getting some pointless "achievement" then go hunt it....go find a guild that wants to do Hoth and fall way behind everyone doing the Geo TB.
    That's all great, but what about people that still need Imperial Probe droid shards? They can only be found in the Hoth TB.

IPD and ROLO shards can be obtained from the Galactic Bounty event and I'm sure they'll be added somewhere.
    No one should be forced to choose between DIFFERENT content that have different rewards (situation way different from tiers, brackets or caps for instance), no matter if they already maxed it or not.

Let's be real...it's not really about the Hoth "content". Most people that have been around awhile have been complaining that the Hoth TB is boring and monotonous and that they just auto most battles. New players won't be able to do the Geo TB anyway unless they choose to go to a higher guild that will carry them and that's their choice....but otherwise, new players will still be doing Hoth. For the older players, all they really care about is the Hoth rewards. Be honest...people just want 3-4 TBs of rewards per month...has nothing to do with the "content'. If they gave us both TBs at the same time, they'd just cut the rewards in half for each one. This is a progression game and they aren't going to just dump a bunch of extra resources on us...the whole game is about gating progression.

Pretty sure we’ve had this discussion already, but I think your suggestion that “most people” have been complaining that Hoth is boring is inaccurate. I do not just want 3-4 TB worth of rewards per month, I *do* in fact want 3-4 TB worth of content per month. Screw me for wanting to actually play the game content, right? Some people don’t, I get it...so give us the option, add a sim and balance the rewards accordingly. I’m willing to bet that the only reason we weren’t given that option is because it would take too much work to develop that from a technology perspective and then balance the rewards. I hate to call it lazy because it probably has much more to do with development cycle windows, but it certainly feels like they took the easiest way out rather than the best.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Pretty sure we’ve had this discussion already, but I think your suggestion that “most people” have been complaining that Hoth is boring is inaccurate. I do not just want 3-4 TB worth of rewards per month, I *do* in fact want 3-4 TB worth of content per month. Screw me for wanting to actually play the game content, right? Some people don’t, I get it...so give us the option, add a sim and balance the rewards accordingly. I’m willing to bet that the only reason we weren’t given that option is because it would take too much work to develop that from a technology perspective and then balance the rewards. I hate to call it lazy because it probably has much more to do with development cycle windows, but it certainly feels like they took the easiest way out rather than the best.

Are you also willing to get the same total amount of rewards for playing twice the content?
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    What if a guild could choose to run dstb with no rewards enabled while also running a regular geo tb?

That way you could get legacy achievements without hurting you and your guild mates progression
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    And lol the complaints that CG would dare to "force" people to do Hoth for no rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Are you also willing to get the same total amount of rewards for playing twice the content?

Getting half stars on GTB is supposed to be equivalent to full stars on HTB, right? So let’s make a rough estimate and say GTB full completion is equal to 2x HTB rewards? Would I play 11 days of content for 2x the rewards of 7 days of content? Yes. Yes I would. The question just becomes, from CGs perspective, how you balance the rewards across those 11 days.

Then the next step is finding a way to allow for those who don’t want to play the trivial early days of content to allow more flexibility on the time commitment.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    What if a guild could choose to run dstb with no rewards enabled while also running a regular geo tb? That way you could get legacy achievements without hurting you and your guild mates progression

On the surface it does sound like an idea that could solve the problem. Most guild would never bother to do this of course....so little time wasted...

The first issue I can think of though is you will need to have ALOT of committed people in your guild doing a "no reward" hoth TB, just for "your" benefit. I can't picture that many people being so altruistic but I could be wrong.
    TVF wrote: »
    And lol the complaints that CG would dare to "force" people to do Hoth for no rewards.

I hate to say it but TVF is probably right.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    What if a guild could choose to run dstb with no rewards enabled while also running a regular geo tb? That way you could get legacy achievements without hurting you and your guild mates progression

On the surface it does sound like an idea that could solve the problem. Most guild would never bother to do this of course....so little time wasted...

The first issue I can think of though is you will need to have ALOT of committed people in your guild doing a "no reward" hoth TB, just for "your" benefit. I can't picture that many people being so altruistic but I could be wrong.

I hate to say it but TVF is probably right.

Can't make decisions based on reaction from the no win forum brigade.

We aren't going to get to run both and keep both rewards. Let's be real. Any solution that doesn't involve skipping geo tb is not going to give you extra rewards.

Edit: and the biggest nightmare of all would be them allowing you to run both at half rewards, forcing us to do double the tbs for years just to satisfy achievement hunters
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    The bottom line in here is the concept.

See a lot of comments that face this as a progressive matter... Geo TB as a kind of evolution tier for Hoth TB.
    I wouldnt had any issues at all if that was true. The problem is that doesn't seem like it. If it was a progressive feature then we wouldn't have to choose anything... they just allow some kind of sim on Hoth TB for some guilds (like Rancor sim) or just incorporate all max rewards from Hoth in the minimuns rewards we can get on Geo TB.

I feel like everybody who makes the argument that this is unprecedented wasn't around in the days when you had to choose between challenge tiers with mutually exclusive rewards.

We need to move forward from bad dev decisions,its bad decision.Games make qol improvements as time passes,not take things away.
    I dont understand why ppl fail to realise that breaking up guilds is never a good idea,some ppl will just quit if they lose their friends,its as simple as that.

Guilds break up because personal choices made when new content is released, should they not make new content?

This has happened with all new raids and guild events.

And on Top of that they add more things for guilds to break up,how is that good for CG as well as us?I fail to see the reasoning behind making things harder for everyone.
  • Options
    It's not a world crisis, it's a business trying to make profit.

Profit keeps the game going.

Who do you think is willing to pay or pay more?A happy customer or an unhappy customer?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Who do you think is willing to pay or pay more?A happy customer or an unhappy customer?

The unhappy ones are the loudest and often impossible to make happy.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I do think Hoth TB should be simmable for guilds meeting a certain criteria

100% agree.

Here is my solution to the achievement issue. I fully admit, it will not solve the rest of the issues....

1. Create a new achievement, Separatist Might Completion (call it what you will), "Get 33 Stars in Separatist Might", this achievement is probably already in the works.

2. Rename the existing achievement, "The Frozen Empire" to "The Not So Frozen Empire" (or call it what you will). Change the existing goal of "Get 48 Stars in the Hoth: Imperial Retaliation" to Get 48 Stars in the Hoth: Imperial Retaliation or Get 25 Stars (or some other number) in "Separatist Might" since -->CG_SBCrumb - "Guilds that are easily completing (48 Stars) Hoth DSTB are projected to earn 20-24 stars". Keep the rewards for this modified achievement exactly the same as before.

This way, nobody has to sacrifice anything, be left behind or start guild hopping. Yes, the Wampa quest will be harder to do. Yes getting Imperial Probe shards will be harder to do.

I also hope that we will be able to use IG88 in the Geo TB battles as there is a Bounty Hunter quest that states "Win 12 battles with IG88 in TB" and as of this moment, you can only use IG88 in the dark side Hoth TB, not the light side battle.
  • Options

Impossible to make happy?I give you an example then to see how wrong you are,what about the petition to make back the hard nodes to 8 attempts,was that impossible to make?Couse all you are saying is biased from i dont know where.

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Impossible to make happy?I give you an example then to see how wrong you are,what about the petition to make back the hard nodes to 8 attempts,was that impossible to make?Couse all you are saying is biased from i dont know where.

Cool. Let's make it 10 then. How 'bout 20?

People think they know what they want. What they are really asking for is to just be given everything right away. And then there's no game to play.

With that said, I no longer even remember the point of this discussion. OP should leave their guild if they care about things that their guild does not.
  • Katsapliakos
    336 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Cool. Let's make it 10 then. How 'bout 20?

People think they know what they want. What they are really asking for is to just be given everything right away. And then there's no game to play.

With that said, I no longer even remember the point of this discussion. OP should leave their guild if they care about things that their guild does not.

Why you try to win an arguement with saying things i didnt say,most of us started the game with 8 attempts since you want to discuss this,so ofc its a bad decision to start taking things away,like whats its happening with TB now where we cant have both.I said in other post here,games move forward,they make qol improvements not take away content.
    EDIT:Noone asked for 10 or more in any forums i read.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Most of us started the game with 8 attempts? So you're saying most people started within the last ,what was it, nine months?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Why are people arguing against or giving ideas to those who think chasing the title is more important than g13 and whatever else the new tb will bring (toons and maybe a ship)? Just let the people who want to sacrifice new content be.

To those chasing the title: can’t wait to see you in GA.
  • Options
    If you are in a guild that doesn’t have 7* ipd and rolo and 48 stars they aren’t strong enough to do geo tb anyway. So there you go problem solved!
  • Options
    If you are in a guild that doesn’t have 7* ipd and rolo and 48 stars they aren’t strong enough to do geo tb anyway. So there you go problem solved!

Tho your statement is true,it doesnt matter,ppl want to try new things,its not like all the ppl who did all heroic raids beat it on the First try right?The went at it,seen that they needed more work towards it and went back at it,also bear in mind that not all care about those rewards much,we are a committed guild with rly High power ppl that stay here couse we are just a full Greek guild.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Tho your statement is true,it doesnt matter,ppl want to try new things,its not like all the ppl who did all heroic raids beat it on the First try right?The went at it,seen that they needed more work towards it and went back at it,also bear in mind that not all care about those rewards much,we are a committed guild with rly High power ppl that stay here couse we are just a full Greek guild.

This is not the right context you are making the comparison with. In recent announcements CG specifically made the success projections. Unlike a raid you won't either do or fail it. You'll be able to do something. Now you know what to work towards without even seeing videos for the event:
    kyj3jll3p7wv.png

• Options
    This post doesnt make sense. The guild can still decide for example to do 90% of the times the geonosis TB and sometimes do the hoth TB

You dont have to do geonosis TB 100% of times
  • Options

This is not the right context you are making the comparison with. In recent announcements CG specifically made the success projections. Unlike a raid you won't either do or fail it. You'll be able to do something. Now you know what to work towards without even seeing videos for the event:
    kyj3jll3p7wv.png

Yeah i read that,but personally i dont care,my guild is at that threshold at 80mil gp only,with not many players at rly High power,does that mean i dont want to see it?I want to try it once,becouse its new content,i allready told ppl there that its not worth doing it tho.
    I am just angry that they made content eligible for like how much,lets say an arbitrary Number of 10% of Player base,this feels like all other attempts in last weeks,months to try and Force ppl to pay which i cant condone.I think i need stop posting,becouse i have the feeling i am hijacking a little op's post with other things.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

kyj3jll3p7wv.png

Yeah i read that,but personally i dont care,my guild is at that threshold at 80mil gp only,with not many players at rly High power,does that mean i dont want to see it?I want to try it once,becouse its new content,i allready told ppl there that its not worth doing it tho.
    I am just angry that they made content eligible for like how much,lets say an arbitrary Number of 10% of Player base,this feels like all other attempts in last weeks,months to try and Force ppl to pay which i cant condone.I think i need stop posting,becouse i have the feeling i am hijacking a little op's post with other things.

80M+ gp guilds being %10 is hilarious.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    The bottom line in here is the concept.

See a lot of comments that face this as a progressive matter... Geo TB as a kind of evolution tier for Hoth TB.
    I wouldnt had any issues at all if that was true. The problem is that doesn't seem like it. If it was a progressive feature then we wouldn't have to choose anything... they just allow some kind of sim on Hoth TB for some guilds (like Rancor sim) or just incorporate all max rewards from Hoth in the minimuns rewards we can get on Geo TB.

I feel like everybody who makes the argument that this is unprecedented wasn't around in the days when you had to choose between challenge tiers with mutually exclusive rewards.

We need to move forward from bad dev decisions,its bad decision.Games make qol improvements as time passes,not take things away.
    I dont understand why ppl fail to realise that breaking up guilds is never a good idea,some ppl will just quit if they lose their friends,its as simple as that.

Guilds break up because personal choices made when new content is released, should they not make new content?

This has happened with all new raids and guild events.

And on Top of that they add more things for guilds to break up,how is that good for CG as well as us?I fail to see the reasoning behind making things harder for everyone.

So they should stop making new content?

kyj3jll3p7wv.png

If you are willing to give up development towards being able to transition to the Geo TB and keep your guild progressing, just to "see it", knowing you will not get rewards equal or close to what you are giving up, I think you are doing a disservice to yourself and your guild.

I wouldnt be surprised if that number was closer to 60% at a minimum and I think I am low balling that.

• LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This post doesnt make sense. The guild can still decide for example to do 90% of the times the geonosis TB and sometimes do the hoth TB. You dont have to do geonosis TB 100% of times

What you are saying is factualy correct. I could also say that a guild does not have to do any TB at all. They are all optional after all, but it would be silly to do so so I won't. lol

What I will say is.....Once the Geo TB becomes available, every time a guild (especially one that can do 48 stars) decides to do a DS hoth TB, they immediately also decide to give up the better rewards of the Geo TB.

I don't know many people that would willing give up better rewards for worse rewards. For example, does your guild do a Tier VI Rancor raid instead of a Heroic?
  • Options
    This post doesnt make sense. The guild can still decide for example to do 90% of the times the geonosis TB and sometimes do the hoth TB. You dont have to do geonosis TB 100% of times

What you are saying is factualy correct. I could also say that a guild does not have to do any TB at all. They are all optional after all, but it would be silly to do so so I won't. lol

What I will say is.....Once the Geo TB becomes available, every time a guild (especially one that can do 48 stars) decides to do a DS hoth TB, they immediately also decide to give up the better rewards of the Geo TB.

I don't know many people that would willing give up better rewards for worse rewards. For example, does your guild do a Tier VI Rancor raid instead of a Heroic?

What is your point with this post? Better yet, what is the point of this thread?

Seems pretty clear, if you want to get some achievement and the meager rewards that come with it you need to be in a guild of like-minded players who also want the achievement. To do so will cost you at-least 1 attempt at the newer, more difficult content.

This may seem like a silly idea that no one would want to do, but I am sure there are atleast 49 other completionists in the game that want to finish all of their achievements and would be willing to work together for this goal.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q