Asajj Ventress or HK-47??

Really need help here.. Since the update.. My Darth Maul's health has gone down ridiculously low and his AOE has gotten From Awesome to Worse.. Only his single attacks are good.. I need a replacement.. So wanna know if Asajj Ventress or HK-47 is worth my time for grind or not...

Replies

• Options
    hk 47 is good if your building droid offence team asajj has pretty nice single target and ok aoe and quite good hp so idk
  • Options
    although hk 47 has a ton of hp and 220+ armor so he'd be hard to kill
  • Options
    although hk 47 has a ton of hp and 220+ armor so he'd be hard to kill

Ahhh ok thanks man! :smile:
  • Options
    @SeroZero @Slushie What are your thoughts??
  • Options
    Dont know about hk-47 but asajj is pretty good. She hit really hard, has innate stunt, can heal and debuff.
    Her only weakness is awkward speed but overall i think she is absolutely worth investing.
  • Options
    And im not building any Offense droid team for now..
  • Options
    Sakichan wrote: »
    Dont know about hk-47 but asajj is pretty good. She hit really hard, has innate stunt, can heal and debuff.
    Her only weakness is awkward speed but overall i think she is absolutely worth investing.

Thanks man :smile:
  • Options
    Ventress is is probably the better all around toon..like stated above. .HK would be great for a Droid group....Im about to make my nightsisters team...so it's ventress for me....plus I like the +24 spd she'll add to the team.....for me it between ventress n asoka as my leader.....leaning towards spd as of now..
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Since you didnt include the other members of your team so I could analize your strengths and weaknesses, I'll just provide a general comparison between both.

HK-47 is rather tanky, but nothing extraordinary. He will live longer than Ventress when focused but not substantially much.

Health pools aside, both HK and Ventress have additional means of survivability. HK has a debuff similar to Old Ben, and when it lands on the whole enemy team, your team gains a massive advantage (for 1 round). Ventress has the ability to remove 2 buffs from the whole enemy team, while also healing your own team. The downside to Ventress debuff is that it is extremely situational, and usually resisted.

As far as offense, HK has a personal offense up chance after attacking which can turn him into a mid range dps. Ventress has two strong attacks which get stronger after someone dies. One of these attacks has a 40% chance to stun, and the other is AoE with chance to refresh cooldown on a killing blow (rare to have this proc since it is too hard to time it without stalling your offense).

Depending on your team, Ventress brings leasership speed to both of the darkside healers (Talia and Old Daka) making her a really big benefit for darkside missions, while HKs leader will only effect droids.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    HK-47 is a tanky beatstick, IMO. I use him even without other droids around sometimes. His AOE attack can apply Offense Down, Ability Lock, and Slow to everybody (25% chance of each on every target), so using it always messed up SOMETHING on the other team. And he self-rezes the first time he dies per battle.

That last bit it particularly funny in Galactic Wars... soon as he dies, you can Retreat and restart and he'll have the self-rez back.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Since you didnt include the other members of your team so I could analize your strengths and weaknesses, I'll just provide a general comparison between both.

HK-47 is rather tanky, but nothing extraordinary. He will live longer than Ventress when focused but not substantially much.

Health pools aside, both HK and Ventress have additional means of survivability. HK has a debuff similar to Old Ben, and when it lands on the whole enemy team, your team gains a massive advantage (for 1 round). Ventress has the ability to remove 2 buffs from the whole enemy team, while also healing your own team. The downside to Ventress debuff is that it is extremely situational, and usually resisted.

As far as offense, HK has a personal offense up chance after attacking which can turn him into a mid range dps. Ventress has two strong attacks which get stronger after someone dies. One of these attacks has a 40% chance to stun, and the other is AoE with chance to refresh cooldown on a killing blow (rare to have this proc since it is too hard to time it without stalling your offense).

Depending on your team, Ventress brings leasership speed to both of the darkside healers (Talia and Old Daka) making her a really big benefit for darkside missions, while HKs leader will only effect droids.

Thanks man that was really helpful!!!
  • Options
    Don't have HK so can't comment on him but I do use Ventress for all the reasons others have outlined above already.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Hk is really annoying to face, but asajj hits much harder and can stun. Her dispell is still bugged and shes super slow, but she crits a lot and her aoe attack is very strong now.
  • Options
    I definitely think Ventress and Ahsoka need a speed buff, since those characters are suppose to be fast and agile like in Star Wars the Clone Wars
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ventress is still underrated I think, even with her still bugged. Hits hard, stuns and her AoE is great if it is managed carefully. I often get 3 or 4 in a fight by carefully watching health bars and turn bars. Only real drawback is speed. She's been in my starting 5 since I got her, and I haven't even starred her up yet because I have been using arena shipments for sid. Not sure if I will use her long term but if nothing else she is a great starter in gw.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.