How do you guys mod Zam?

Rake6
442 posts Member
I need her to destroy everything on site.

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I have neglected her recently but she was my 5th BH to gear even before reworks and she was awesome under Boba lead. Potency, speed, crit damage triangle. I don't see her mods changing and that is still how I have her modded under Bossk.

She is also a sneaky good offensive lead in 3v3, if your team is fast enough.
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I usually run her under bossk lead because both her specials debuff enemies.
    I go lot of speed for fast debuffs (she is already pretty fast), potency cross and CD triangle. Mod for g12, before that idk because she is too squishy so need to be careful.

Edit: Throw cad bane to help a bit for survivability if needed. Better w/ her zeta ofc.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Speed and potency
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    You mean potency sets?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ive moved my good mods off of her but she has 1 potency set and a potency cross.

vutcmwj3agdj.png
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I use Potency mods with speed secundaries on her.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I didn't even seen her kit yet. Gearing her right now. Why does she needs potency? Crit dmg, offense, no good? Does she need Crit chance?
  • Potency. You want her detonators to stick.
  • Banmeong
    129 posts Member
    Does offense equal to thermal detonators damage?
  • Banmeong wrote: »
    Does offense equal to thermal detonators damage?

Unless I’m misreading it (and the mechanics on SWGOH.gg), her TD damage is based purely off of the target’s max health. Any offense boost she gets will really only modify her basic attack (which I really use more for TM gain so I can add more TDs, than for an actual source of damage outside the detonators). That’s why she’s one of the few toons that I’ll put a protection triangle on instead of CD.
  • Mirotic_Again
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    she performs best on the bench with no mods. 🤷‍♂️
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Rake6 wrote: »
    I didn't even seen her kit yet. Gearing her right now. Why does she needs potency? Crit dmg, offense, no good? Does she need Crit chance?

The recommended mod types and sets in the auto mod mechanic are almost always right. It is of course not best if you are playing a team a ccertain way. Offense GMY vs. CD GMY. The specific recommended mods though from the auto mod is ridiculous and I don't know why they don't fix it.

I had R2D2 missed for 233 speed and 75% potency and it recommended dropping that to 180 and 50... You'd think the 1st thing it would do would be check its recommendations against what is currently equipped.
    n8yx5xewh5b1.png
    dtrlfajs553d.png
    The secondary speed total on its recommended mods is 29 total and 1.39% added potency. So whatever you do don't use that thing...

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I didn't even seen her kit yet.

You don't read her kit but ask for mods recommendations? That's basically asking for gear and skill usage in a MMO without the need of thinking by yourself and without any training. I don't get it..
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    she performs best on the bench with no mods. 🤷‍♂️

Nope!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Speed set and potency set.

Her damage isn't good. So offense and crit is negligible. What makes her good is her specials and her ability to break anyone's thermal detonators, so the more turns she gets the more detonators she can get out there and the more turns she can take to put out even more detonators.

Just keep in mind that the AI uses her abilities wrong. The AI throws bombs (yay!), then uses her debuff that will add extra bombs. That second ability is really good, but it's situational and most of the time you're just going to spam her basic and throw out more detonators.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'm beginning to suspect that you're incapable of modding characters yourself Rake.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I'm beginning to suspect that you're incapable of modding characters yourself Rake.

Who tf are you?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I'm beginning to suspect that you're incapable of modding characters yourself Rake.

Who tf are you?

Within 3 1/2 weeks you started 30 threads with 4 asking for mod recommendations in the title alone. I think his/her question is valid.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    No its super stupid. What do you think this forum is for? Are you slow/special?
  • Rake6 wrote: »

Who tf are you?

Take it as a challenge.

It's actually one of the more intellectually rewarding aspects of the game.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    No its super stupid. What do you think this forum is for? Are you slow/special?

This is not how you get people to help you.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I'm convinced I know Rake's issue: he needs some mod advice, lots and lots of mod advice. That said, it seems rather odd that he contradicts common wisdom regarding most mods despite claiming to not know what should be used for a particular toon.

I'm going to check my local bridge, I think it is missing someone...
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"