QOL suggestion

Haruk
108 posts Member
Any chance we can have some way to easily tell which characters are available for a * promotion?

Either some sort of visual 'notice' on the main roster screen(like a glow or something) or a way to filter them??

Replies

• EnderGamer87
    633 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Usually its just marquees, characters needed for a legendary, and reworks
    that get promotions in data cards on the main store.
    Post edited by EnderGamer87 on
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Look at bar blueness when scrolling down your roster. Generally people will know if a character needs a * upgrade since it's something they are farming.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Never had an issue with this as my active farms are the only ones I promote
  • Brandonakabmt
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Well idk what these other guys are talking about, but i share your pain on this one and i agree this should be a thing.

As a side though, you could filter by rarity and go down the line that way.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Well, I guess if you have the vast majority of your roster already at 7*, sure, this isn't a thing,

But I still earn shards for characters I'm *not* focused on farming via Galactic War and the lone free Bronzeium I open every day for the quest, as well as buying some shards here and there in the store if they pop up, but aren't on my farming team(which is Malak/DR focused atm).

So, sorry if I'm still a newb or some such nonsense.....

• Well idk what these other guys are talking about, but i share your pain on this one and i agree this should be a thing.

As a side though, you could filter by rarity and go down the line that way.

The other two are on about only farming a few characters at a time, so say death trooper, darth sion and darth nihilus. Once you get the shards for them, you promote said character.

And there is a blue bar underneath every character, that shows how many shards you have of said character. The mor enter blue line if filled in, the closer you are you promoting the character.

To say you have no idea what the other guys are talking about makes it seem like you only just started, or are incompetent

• You shouldn’t be promoting characters you aren’t farming anyways as if you do that all the time it can cause some bloatage. I would recommend not promoting them until you are able to start gearing them.
  • You shouldn’t be promoting characters you aren’t farming anyways as if you do that all the time it can cause some bloatage. I would recommend not promoting them until you are able to start gearing them.

This is true for GA....maybe not true for TB where bloatage might help an alliance get to the next tier level.

Keep in mind also that CG mentioned something about changing matchmaking to account for some people that are collectors vs some prefer to focus on specific teams.
  • Ed209
    6 posts Member
    That would be awesome! Im a collector and dont care about GA as long as i get my 1,000 arena currency daily
  • And there is a blue bar underneath every character, that shows how many shards you have of said character. The mor enter blue line if filled in, the closer you are you promoting the character.

Here’s a picture if it helps. As you can see, kind of hard to tell the difference between ready to promote and maxed, but as someone mentioned before if you sort by rarity you can scroll past all your 7* toons.
    slvy66ge6gl2.jpeg
  • I favorite the toons I am farming, that puts them at the top of the search. That way I just open character screen and look at the top row and can tell which ones are ready. Several have made good points in this thread about bloat. Be cautious who you promote, not all are worthy of 7* or gear 12.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.