Droideka and Speed

Stenun
851 posts Member
So what's the common wisdom on the Droideka and modding for Speed?
With most characters, you want decent Speed but the Droideka has reasons for not having high Speed. Do those reasons outweigh the advantage of high Speed or is Speed still the most important stat?

How do you mod your Droideka?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    In general, they have a weird kit, because he generates TM, so even making him slow doesnt do much in the way of hurting him, but his TM generation hurts him because you want him to wait while the enemy moves to build up charge.

The way his kit is played out low speed doesnt hurt him too much, and it helps his damage out put.

I cant see any real reason for him to be super fast that is tremendously helpful.

I'm sure there is a balance somewhere between more moves(higher speed) at "lower damage" and slow as a rock with "higher damage" (potential). IMO, I'm going to try slow and go up as I practice more to see what happens.
  • Options
    You should avoid speed like it's cancer. Droideka already gains lots of tm from his unique, and he hits harder the more speed your enemy has, or rather how large the gap in speed is between Droideka and whatever you're shooting at. So yeah absolutely no speed. Actually negative speed would be great lol.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    If we still can, should we avoid leveling the unique as well?
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    If we still can, should we avoid leveling the unique as well?

You should definitely level his unique.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So like, nest slow? All tenacity and no speed? Maybe just a little speed? Or just go pure offense for droideka?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I have it with offense x 4, health x2. CC, CD, and speed are irrelevant. Can't critically hit anyway. Right now at only 4* and G8 it has 2,321 dmg with 783 from mods. Offense primary triangle, cross, and arrow. Only 19 speed that was unavoidable from the mods I had kicking around in spares
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I managed to as low as +17 speed total just because I don't have no speed sec mods left. Ideal is simply 0.