Droid Event

Prev13
When will it go live? After the Yoda event?

Replies

• 17th
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nice
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Didn't it say it was included in today's update? Don't get me wrong I need 7 more HK-47 shards to unlock him and do T2...but I was expecting it today.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

Here are the update notes for 3/15/16.

General

Droids Fight Back Event (Google Play Exclusive) – in this limited time event players will be required to form a squad of at least 3 droids to face off against the Jawas. The first tier of the event requires the player droids to be 2 star, the second tier 4 star and the final tier 6 star. Players who can complete the event will be rewarded with various prizes, including the chance to receive droid character Shards!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Didn't say when it was going to start. Just that it was coming. EA did not set the dates Google did.
  • The event says Google Play exclusive. Does that mean it won't be available to those who don't use Google Play?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Why would you be on android without your game connected to google play?
  • I play on Apple.
  • I play on Apple.

Correct, it's an Android exclusive. If it is an event like Yoda my guess is it will return for everyone later on but it's Android exclusive for now.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    It is Google play meaning android exclusive, no iOS
  • I play on Apple.

I am sorry
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I play on Apple.

Sorry... But I just gotta post this again, this event is just too perfect for this pic!

image_3.jpeg

Edit: I have an iPhone aswell
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Sparsile
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I thought they would have learned after all of the negative feedback from the New Years bundle. Giving such preferential treatment to one OS is not a winning strategy when alienates half of your player base.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I don't agree about exclusive events/packs etc based on OS Version.

They are doing it for the most likely free advertising in play store and probably a kick back from Google, same with the New years pack.
    If Apple offered them a similar deal EA would jump on it.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    I hope it comes to iOS later so I can have a chance to devoid my droid count. Lol
  • I don't mind it being delayed, I need as much time as I can. About to unlock IG-100, and working on 88.
  • scuba wrote: »

They are doing it for the most likely free advertising in play store and probably a kick back from Google, same with the New years pack.

Aren't you iOS users able to sometimes get discounted iTunes cards discounts for crystals or whatever?
  • I'm not even going to do this. I'm not opposed to an os exclusive event because that's just the way the world works. But for me it's not worth trying to build a droid team; I don't see myself ever using to get shards for, once again a droid team I probably will never use.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Aren't you iOS users able to sometimes get discounted iTunes cards discounts for crystals or whatever?

Sorry should have said I am not iOS. So not sure about the discount.
  • Was working on Ackbar just cause I'd put some in him before I got Sid and then Savage, but finally, my excuse to pick up 88 is here! :D
  • Only droid I bothered with was 86. I use Android but I am not interested in this event.......do something useful like put Vader and Maul in shipments so we can complete a Sith team. I surely hope by 90 all toons are available somewhere besides random data cards. Data cards are only useful when starting the game to maybe get some toons to put on your bench. IMO cantina energy and shipments are a more reliable way to get and shard toons. Most of my toons came from the free bronzium cards......Sideous,Rey,5555,QGJ,,Offee and many others. If you do spend on crystals the best use is not to waste them on Chromium cards. Hard to get excited by a new Ewok lol,a droid event or Old Ben in cantina. Magmatrooper only available in data cards? Let me spend $1000 for a 7 star toon that I will smash with my current toons for free.........pathetic.
  • will the event be like Yoda's? in that it will be limited to 1 week but open again each month? because I feel like I'm being punished for not making a Jedi team and now a droid team...
  • stop whining you ios users. I'm sure you get some discount or advantage somewhere. so
    stop whining like a little girl and man up
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    L45TPH45E wrote: »
    will the event be like Yoda's? in that it will be limited to 1 week but open again each month? because I feel like I'm being punished for not making a Jedi team and now a droid team...

Not just 1 week for an Google play promotion.
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    man up

They can't do that with an iphone, you're just being mean :/
  • HarmakhisVallis
    100 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Event is up, did first tier (very very easy even with 4 droids). Won training droid lvl7, 2 type II capacity material and 1 IG86 shard
  • Possible rewards for tier 2 :
    • 3lvl 7 training droid
    • 2 shards IG86
    • 2 shards IG88
    • 2 shards HK47
    • 2 shards Magnaguard
    • 1 lvl3 capacity
    • 2 lvl2 capacity

Possible rewards for tier 3 : same as tier 2
  • lvl7 training droid is a first time for me, they bring 12k experience points
  • Kinda sweet :) my droid team is on my Android device... By pure chance lol
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • SlyKrysis
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Did 2/2 of the last tier just now. Faced against Nesbitt(L), Jawa, and Dathcha. Used HK(L), 88, and 86. HK is gl8 6*, 88 is gl7 6*, and 86 is gl8 7*. It was very easy.

Got 2/2 HK shards each round, 1/1 lvl 7 training droids, and 1 purple mat and 2 green mats.

Not bad, considering I'm still trying to 7* HK and 88. This will help a little!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I am surprised it released already and for 14 days