Anyone use a zeta'd Rose Tico?

Jarvind
3920 posts Member
Yes, I know, lolRose.

I just got her to 7* for platoon purposes, though, and was thinking that with her zeta (gains 10% TM when other Resistance allies crit), she'd actually be pretty good on a JTR team and wouldn't need a lot of speed due to constantly getting big chunks of turn meter.

Anyone given her a fair shake? Just curious how hard she hits, what kind of mods she needs, that sort of thing.
u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I wish i had so much zetas that I can waste them on Rose :/
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I re-zeta'ed Finn lead and run Rose on that team as separate Resistance from JTR. She works well on that team and between her and Finn, you can keep the whole enemy team stunned. I would consider the zeta on her once I get a few more stars and some gear, but have other farms I'm working on now.
  • I lost a bet and had to zeta her :-( mine is only G10, but I would absolutely say the zeta is not worth it. Her TMR and stun do make her pretty good against FO, but she can do her job without a zeta. Or do what I do now against FO, drop her and use someone else lol granted, I did not re-zeta Finn. I just use the RJT team with Finn on it.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    "she'd actually be pretty good on a JTR team"

For about a year I rolled zFinn Poe RP RT Rey. I paid a lot of attention to Resistance on the forums because of that. I never read a compliment about Rose, but I do recall a bet that resulted in someone putting a zeta on Rose for losing the bet.

Edit - LOL it apparently was the guy at the bottom of the thread!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I used her on ZFinn before and she was awesome and the entire enemy team would be stunlocked. But you dont need the zeta for that.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Everything I've read would say she is a mediocre resistance team member that can work with either zfinn or zjtr lead.

The problem is that zfinn is mediocre and there's too many better resistance members that can work on a zjtr team.

So if you have both resistance leaders zetaed and you have spare gear and a spare zeta yeah you might as well but if you are fitting resistance into one team you dont have space for her.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Im sure she will be needed for a new Rey
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    So it sounds like nobody has actually tried a zRose under JTR? Guess maybe I'll need to be a pioneer.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I lost a bet and had to zeta her

...pretty much tells you all you need to know about the value of that zeta.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • The benefit of zetaing Rose is you don't have to worry about accidentally zetaing her in the future.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    So it sounds like nobody has actually tried a zRose under JTR? Guess maybe I'll need to be a pioneer.

@Jarvind someone in my shard used her zeta’d in a JTR lineup back when JTR was meta, and consistently stayed in the top 10 of arena.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Do it. Fortune favours the brave. A lot of people never find out cool stuff in the game because they constantly listen to others and Mobilegamer, Ahnald and CubsFan.
  • I have a guildmate with g12 zeta'd Rose and he runs her under zFinn. Mostly just uses the team to stun-lock and destroy zCarth OR squads in TW and GA. Not sure if it's worth building in todays GOH but it is still viable to some degree.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I have G12 5/6 zRose. I run her with Holdo under JTR. She's solid, and has a kit well suited to taking on Nightmare in particular. There are easier toons to get who do the job comparably well with less investment (Finn, RT, Scav), but she is a solid unit, and gets a great deal of undeserved flak.

And yes, she does gain a great deal of turn meter. 50-100% for R2 and Holdo's AoEs. 30-60% for JTR's assist. 20-40% for BB-8's counter. And her TM drain short cycles her. The stun to daze is solid control. Proliferating tenacity up helps against a number of threats. Her damage output is solid. She's got a lot going for her.
    Still not a he.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    The problem with her is when they nerfed Finns leadership you are left with only one resistance team. And there are much better toons to fit in JTR team.
  • Smarty
    35 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Im sure she will be needed for a new Rey

I've started working on her now because of this reason
  • Jarvind wrote: »

I have, but I no longer do because it’s less effective than the replacements I have.