Grand Arena Championships – GP Divisions [MEGA]

Replies

  • Zark0
    3 posts Member
    I have 4 players devision 1. I'm devision 2. My opponent is 600k GP more than me. **** is that?!?!?
    What are you matching?!?
  • I'm having the same problem. I'm barely in division 6 with 1.64 million GP and I'm matched up against division 5 2.2 and 2.3 million GP opponents. My squad GP is 900k and my opponents have 1.2 million+ GP. 300K more squad development is crazy at my level! That's 33% more than my account. WHAT?!?! That's 3 full G12 teams worth of development. What kind of craziness is this? This is the worst matchmaking I've ever seen for a GA style event... even worse than when you weren't separating out fleet from squad GP. Please fix this and let us fight against other accounts with similar GP development.
  • 1.5M Toon GP and have a 2.3M GP player in my bracket. Just...wow...

  • it's going worse and worse...

    why creating divisions if you make players from upper division fighting players from lower divisions... nonsense...
    matchmaking is broken again...
  • So it looks like div 1 gets the same rewards as div 5. Isn't that a direct contradiction to thread thread header? I thought div1 would be better, so tried to qualify for it, only to learn I was misled and div 2 would be easier for the same rewards?
  • Actually it doesn't matter right now since we are being matched across divisions.
  • what's the point of the divisions now that you have gone and screwed up this GAC EA? I'm mid d4 battle top of d3. Thanks for nothing, really thought this GAC was going to great, now i just feel like it's some forced obamacare initiative.
  • Hassos
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Tell me why you did the divisions if I will fight with players from other (higher) division? Your completly destroyed matchmaking but it is fair that I will fight with stronger players and if I win (1% chance) I will get... worse rewards?

    And it was not like that- if you are from division 4- you need to give for example 6 teams on defence but if you are from division 3- one more or two more? Now guy with 600k more gp, 12 more zetas abilities, more g12/11/10 have the same rules as I. But what is funny- if he win with me his rewards are better.

  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Hassos wrote: »
    Tell me why you did the divisions if I will fight with players from other (higher) division? Your completly destroyed matchmaking but it is fair that I will fight with stronger players and if I win (1% chance) I will get... worse rewards?

    And it was not like that- if you are from division 4- you need to give for example 6 teams on defence but if you are from division 3- one more or two more? Now guy with 600k more gp, 12 more zetas abilities, more g12/11/10 have the same rules as I. But what is funny- if he win with me his rewards are better.

    There wouldnt be. People saying that you should be fighting outside ur division and earning rewards from ur starting division are so far up CGs ****...

    There is no point in divisions otherwise
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Wonder what percentage of streamlined tight never lost a GA match ever due to always always fighting fluff people are losing their minds now because their gravy train is over and might have to actually try now instead of sticking two god teams in front, clear one box then come back in a day and collect....

    Wish i had that #
  • Who cares? It will most likely bug out and fail to work anyways.
  • Moldrak
    41 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Also have stupid pairings. My opponent has 700k gp more than I do. He could put just the excess go teams on defense and still have my entire gp worth of characters for offense. Even the old ga had some unbeatable opponents with very close gp matchups but this is just laughable.
  • Im the only div 2 player from this match up . My enemies have 800k gp more than me and 50 g12 . This is a joke i hope . I dont have any chance
  • Saada
    509 posts Member
    All my opponents have far greater character gp and overall gp and from div 4 while I'm in div5 but guess what they're all gunna get smashed cause I built strong squads while they're all over the place so get over it guys. You could get matched with me since we would have the same character gp and get smashed anyway.
    c27ky9a4re33.png
  • Saada wrote: »
    All my opponents have far greater character gp and overall gp and from div 4 while I'm in div5 but guess what they're all gunna get smashed cause I built strong squads while they're all over the place so get over it guys. You could get matched with me since we would have the same character gp and get smashed anyway.
    c27ky9a4re33.png

    I would be happy to be placed against you and it would be a good battle. At least I would be fighting in my division so we could figure out who is the best in our division. Isn't the point is to move up thru the ranks within your division to become the best. Why should we be punished for farming the right squads.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    333freeman wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    All my opponents have far greater character gp and overall gp and from div 4 while I'm in div5 but guess what they're all gunna get smashed cause I built strong squads while they're all over the place so get over it guys. You could get matched with me since we would have the same character gp and get smashed anyway.
    c27ky9a4re33.png

    I would be happy to be placed against you and it would be a good battle. At least I would be fighting in my division so we could figure out who is the best in our division. Isn't the point is to move up thru the ranks within your division to become the best. Why should we be punished for farming the right squads.

    Meh the best person in YOUR division is probably better than 75% of the the next highest division.

    Also they could run 104 week event and prob would still not have enough matches to find out who the best in division is
  • I thought I have to compete against other people in my division to climb up the ranks. However, 5 out of my 7 possible opponents are one division higher than I am. This essentially means they will probably beat me (since their GP is much higher) and they even get better rewards for this (beacause they are in a higher division)? Was this the plan?
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    333freeman wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    All my opponents have far greater character gp and overall gp and from div 4 while I'm in div5 but guess what they're all gunna get smashed cause I built strong squads while they're all over the place so get over it guys. You could get matched with me since we would have the same character gp and get smashed anyway.
    c27ky9a4re33.png

    I would be happy to be placed against you and it would be a good battle. At least I would be fighting in my division so we could figure out who is the best in our division. Isn't the point is to move up thru the ranks within your division to become the best. Why should we be punished for farming the right squads.

    Meh the best person in YOUR division is probably better than 75% of the the next highest division.

    Also they could run 104 week event and prob would still not have enough matches to find out who the best in division is

    Agreed but thats not the point. We are supposed to move up thru the ranks shouldn't those of us who have better squads move up rather than facing opponents out of our division.
  • Zbindiesel wrote: »
    I thought I have to compete against other people in my division to climb up the ranks. However, 5 out of my 7 possible opponents are one division higher than I am. This essentially means they will probably beat me (since their GP is much higher) and they even get better rewards for this (beacause they are in a higher division)? Was this the plan?

    They won't get better rewards because they are limited in combat since they are fighting you. Had they matched against someone in their division they could place more defenses and compete for progression up through the leagues.

    Essentially they win the GA and crush you, but get less rewards because they can't move up Leagues as fast as their division peers because they are fighting you whos 1 division down.

    Your screwed, they are screwed, if you win you get less than they would have, if they win they get less than their peers.
  • Syon_Knox
    173 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    GameMasters can you please stop eating Cheetos over your keyboards while Matchmaking it’s on??? Or at least don’t go AFK trusting your test runs were ok??

    I am 2.99M supposed to have for division 4, enemies with 3.09M tops... well for my group this only applies for me and my first rival... the other 4 guys are 3.4-3.7M... this supposed to have a limit, at least is what your rules said...

    Maybe you are just more interested in making people spend money in game than the real basic and important stuffs of this game works...
  • abc127
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    (edited typos)

    ... Not complaining, just sharing my feedback...

    I'm 2.755M. Opponent is 3.4. I have better mods and my legendaries are better equipped, but I have only 44 g11/12 to his 51. I am focused farming he is broad. I seem to have a strategic advantage, but he has a brute force advantage.

    GA is my favorite module because it measures the quality of my roster work as a whole. I have pretty good mods, am careful with my zetas, and make my squad choices strong pvp modes... I read a lot, pay attention to smarter players, and work hard to get my roster where it is. I expect to have an advantage in any kind of pvp environment, unless other person is better at it than me, because I try to build a strong roster.

    Someone who goes broad "gets" lots of things. It's their decision to push green pluses, choose random/favorite squads, not make synergy, etc. That's fine, but that isn't conducive for pvp environment with rankings.

    I get the concern about taking mods off, and avoiding upgrades, but It seems to me that I lost my advantage, fighting people my own size and winning on my roster that I built and farmed...

    If I lose or get fewer ranking points because my opponent has many more toons/options, that will make GA less appealing to me, and I love GA. Will wait and see what happens.

    Aside from going back to straight gp, another suggestion might be capping the difference in relevant (ships/toons) gp, or give bonus points for beating someone in a higher division. I don't think it mKes any sense for me to be looking at someone with 20% more GP, regardless of how they got there.

    I would also say he careful with that. Taken to a more extreme, limiting the squad view at similar GP simply pits identical rosters. Rankings will take care of that.
    Post edited by abc127 on
  • Nikoms565
    13439 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    That just shows that almost nobody wants a real challenge in GA.
    This is a sad day for competitive gameplay.

    I disagree. I do think people want a challenge - I just think they also want a fair fight. There are situations where 2 guys with both Revans are in the same bracket with 2 guys who have neither. That's not a "challenge" for either side (unless they only faced each other, which to win, isn't possible).

    A matchup algorithim that can't seem to account for the two most meta dominant characters in the game's history seems to need "retweaking".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Torr
    28 posts Member
    I found this from dev post.

    If the GP difference across players is great enough, the matchmaking will also default to the lowest-number of defenses required by division between the two players (Note: only the very best-performing low-GP players are likely to encounter this, however). Players who are good enough to end up getting matched with higher-GP players will be able to do so on a more level playing field.

  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Matchmaking should not be across divisions ever. Keep it simple CG. Lock a division and do matchmaking off of GP within your Division and League. Create fake accounts that will fill in when a Division/League combination isn't divisible by 8 (don't cross Division/League buckets to fill in the gaps). The matchups will become "more fair" as the championship progresses and people fight others with similar win/loss records (as determined by league progression). This should not have been complicated.

    This recommendation coming from someone who has the highest GP (i.e. "bloated roster") and is still expecting to win the GA.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    abc127 wrote: »
    (edited typos)

    ... Not complaining, just sharing my feedback...

    I'm 2.755M. Opponent is 3.4. I have better mods and my legendaries are better equipped, but I have only 44 g11/12 to his 51. I am focused farming he is broad. I seem to have a strategic advantage, but he has a brute force advantage.

    GA is my favorite module because it measures the quality of my roster work as a whole. I have pretty good mods, am careful with my zetas, and make my squad choices strong pvp modes... I read a lot, pay attention to smarter players, and work hard to get my roster where it is. I expect to have an advantage in any kind of pvp environment, unless other person is better at it than me, because I try to build a strong roster.

    Someone who goes broad "gets" lots of things. It's their decision to push green pluses, choose random/favorite squads, not make synergy, etc. That's fine, but that isn't conducive for pvp environment with rankings.

    I get the concern about taking mods off, and avoiding upgrades, but It seems to me that I lost my advantage, fighting people my own size and winning on my roster that I built and farmed...

    If I lose or get fewer ranking points because my opponent has many more toons/options, that will make GA less appealing to me, and I love GA. Will wait and see what happens.

    Aside from going back to straight gp, another suggestion might be capping the difference in relevant (ships/toons) gp, or give bonus points for beating someone in a higher division. I don't think it mKes any sense for me to be looking at someone with 20% more GP, regardless of how they got there.

    I would also say he careful with that. Taken to a more extreme, limiting the squad view at similar GP simply pits identical rosters. Rankings will take care of that.

    Going broad doesn't mean that at all. For old players they can easily be both broad and have the same focused top end that you do without doing anything else different than yours including their best team priorities. When you get past 4M gp, almost all the competetive players fit the definition of broad, yet their rosters are super focused as well while carrying lots of gp making stuff with it.

    When a roster is broad and also lacks focus, randomly worked toons lacking synergies, half built teams etc...you should search for the reason on that player, not on the fact that the roster is broad.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Neither broad or lean has direct implication on good choices a player makes and how competetive or good players they are. I think it's a good time to let go of this rhetoric as if these 2 stereotypes apply universally.
  • Torr wrote: »
    I found this from dev post.

    If the GP difference across players is great enough, the matchmaking will also default to the lowest-number of defenses required by division between the two players (Note: only the very best-performing low-GP players are likely to encounter this, however). Players who are good enough to end up getting matched with higher-GP players will be able to do so on a more level playing field.

    Except this didn't happen. Sub 4M player required to place 8 defensive squads. Sub 2.7M player required to place 6. In some instances it looks like it's using the lower end, but in two of mine it's using the defensive placement requirement from the higher GP.
  • abc127
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    Going broad doesn't mean that at all. For old players they can easily be both broad and have the same focused top end that you do without doing anything else different than yours including their best team priorities. When you get past 4M gp, almost all the competetive players fit the definition of broad, yet their rosters are super focused as well while carrying lots of gp making stuff with it.

    When a roster is broad and also lacks focus, randomly worked toons lacking synergies, half built teams etc...you should search for the reason on that player, not on the fact that the roster is broad.

    Fair enough. I was speaking to my specific and surrounding GP. But it definitely means something different at various ages of account.

    I wouldn't want to face a 4M player with my same top end, though. The rest of the roster seems like something I would have no way to combat.
This discussion has been closed.