Grand Arena Championships – GP Divisions [MEGA]

Replies

  • ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.
  • CG and EA, if you read posts just want to let you know I gave GA a chance with new matchups. Now after playing and trying you putting me at <3m up against almost 4m go teams I will no longer spend a single dollar on your game. I don't have the depth needed to compete and I'm being blown out. Thanks for ruining the game for me and congratulations on loosing a paying customer/gamer.
  • It's just horrible and very disappointed to play GA, I don't have any fun facing team 2 times powerful than mine and loosing. I am focusing on character, that's why my GP isn't too high and I am facing higher division and GP player. Well I hope you will do something for the next championship. Please do something, thank you
  • Posted this in the GAC Mega thread as well, but they need to see how unbalanced and unfair this has been for a lot of us:

    I’ve been tracking each GAC rounds since it has switched. And much like many of you, I have been matched up with players out ranking me.

    In GA I did really well and was constantly competing for 1st. Then with the change I’ve won 1 phase in a GAC. Even when players I’ve faced are moderately more powerful than me, 200K character power more and 6 zetas gives them 2 more full squads on me.

    The worst match up I’ve had the player beat me in character power by 500K and 14 zetas. That’s incredibly unfair. But somehow we had the same Top 80 GP? Which some of my shard and guild mates said was their new measuring tool. This is way out of kilter.

    Story of the game. If you’re not a whale and maxing out, you can’t compete. It leaves us with lesser rewards, which just furthers the gap that whales run away with. It shouldn’t be too much to ask that there is a better system for match making. I know things will never be perfect, but this current system is extremely broken.
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    edited July 26
    Arsenic710 wrote: »
    Posted this in the GAC Mega thread as well, but they need to see how unbalanced and unfair this has been for a lot of us:

    I’ve been tracking each GAC rounds since it has switched. And much like many of you, I have been matched up with players out ranking me.

    In GA I did really well and was constantly competing for 1st. Then with the change I’ve won 1 phase in a GAC. Even when players I’ve faced are moderately more powerful than me, 200K character power more and 6 zetas gives them 2 more full squads on me.

    The worst match up I’ve had the player beat me in character power by 500K and 14 zetas. That’s incredibly unfair. But somehow we had the same Top 80 GP? Which some of my shard and guild mates said was their new measuring tool. This is way out of kilter.

    Story of the game. If you’re not a whale and maxing out, you can’t compete. It leaves us with lesser rewards, which just furthers the gap that whales run away with. It shouldn’t be too much to ask that there is a better system for match making. I know things will never be perfect, but this current system is extremely broken.

    he can have 2 million more GP than you...he can have 50 zetas more than you.... if you have a DR or padme or GG team he CANNOT beat with his entire roster then NONE of those matchup numbers mean squat...

    he could have 5 million GP and you 1.5 million GP.... if you have an unbeatable GOD team NONE of that matters.... set your god team save rest for offense you win...

    yes matchup numbers matter...but a lot of the time they dont

    Prob 80% of the game had hopes of playing great and making Kyber well the reality is only 1 in 8 people if matchmaking works should ever make kyber.....

    Most people should end up in Aurodium if they try.... and once there and you cannot make top 500 of Aurodium you should just set one team on D and try to stop a guy or two from making kyber... IF AND ONLY if your remaining matches are unwinnable.
  • Vuk
    18 posts Member
    For first place in this GA I am fighting a division 1 #130 ranked with 680 k more GP then I have. I am division 2 ranked #8400 !!!!!!! Bravo CG.....Bravo
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    Did we get too few feats this week compared to the first 2 weeks?
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play

    Cross division play is one of the most obvious flaws. How are people supposed to compete against others within their division for rank 1 when some people get more combat than others?

    Just let matchmaking decide if I get 5 or 6 or 8 combats to gain points. If I don't get 8 battles I can't be #1 so I quit trying.

    This system isn't just bad, it's actually literally unfair in the literal sense of the word fair or fairness. 2 people in division 2 with identical rosters, one gets matched vs a division 3 guy 5 combats, the other gets matched vs division 1 so 8 combats.

    The player who got limited to 5 combats will NEVER be #1 and never even had a chance because cross division matchmaking.

    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    edited July 29
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play


    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

    Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

    If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

    DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

    and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up
  • BobcatSkywalker
    478 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play


    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

    Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

    If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

    DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

    and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up

    Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

    Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

    Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

    Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

    I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

    This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

    You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

    The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play


    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

    Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

    If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

    DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

    and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up

    Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

    Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

    Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

    Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

    I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

    This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

    You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

    The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.

    your literally talking about 256 banners over a total of 4 GA.s if you max poitns on the extra team you have to fight there are feats worth more than that...

    meh

    Edit and the defense setting points.... still meh

    Could that total in the end be the difference between 500+ or getting into top 500....
    maybe but would be a rare occurance over a large sample size of GAC's

    in current form that would cost you about 4 salvage in reward points....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage IMO
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play


    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

    Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

    If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

    DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

    and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up

    Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

    Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

    Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

    Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

    I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

    This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

    You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

    The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.

    your literally talking about 256 banners over a total of 4 GA.s if you max poitns on the extra team you have to fight there are feats worth more than that...

    meh

    Edit and the defense setting points.... still meh

    Could that total in the end be the difference between 500+ or getting into top 500....
    maybe but would be a rare occurance over a large sample size of GAC's

    in current form that would cost you about 4 salvage in reward points....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage IMO

    Firsr off I'm talking about how some players don't get the opportunity to score up to 3,700 points over GAC. not 256 points.

    2 defenses x 90 is 180
    2 offenses x 64 is 128
    That's 308 per round of ga so 924 per 3 round ga.
    Gac has 4 tourneys so 924 x 4 is about 3,700 points of progression towards the next league. I feel this is very significant.

    Also the difference in league rewards especially for making aurodium or kyber vs lower leagues will be lot more than 4 salvage crumb has indicated this already in posts stating the value and difficulty of making top leagues.

  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play


    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

    Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

    If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

    DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

    and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up

    Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

    Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

    Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

    Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

    I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

    This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

    You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

    The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.

    your literally talking about 256 banners over a total of 4 GA.s if you max poitns on the extra team you have to fight there are feats worth more than that...

    meh

    Edit and the defense setting points.... still meh

    Could that total in the end be the difference between 500+ or getting into top 500....
    maybe but would be a rare occurance over a large sample size of GAC's

    in current form that would cost you about 4 salvage in reward points....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage IMO

    It's more than 256 points. And much more than 4 salvage. Where are you getting your data?

    Its 90x2 on defense so 180 points.
    Then 64x2 on offense so 128 more
    180+128 is 308 per round.
    308x3 is 924 points for 3 rounds of a GA
    There are 4 GA in a GAC so 4x924 points is 3700 points people do not even get a chance to get.

    3700 points will make a difference in if a lot of people make the barrier to aurodium or kyber. It also effects top 200.

    crumb indicated the rewards will be much better in the higher leagues so I assume he means more than +4 salvage for making it to a top league.

    This whole limiting combat cross division matchmaking results in the same outcome as the bug where people get 1000 points twice for a win. Some people just get to score 924 more points than others because they got to set more defenses. What's ridiculous is the trigger for this is how many ships does your opponent have and ships aren't even a part of gac, but they do effect someones division (enemy has less ships = lower division than you = less combat for you)

    If I get to bowl 8 frames and you bowl 6 then we see who scored more points how is that fair?

    I get 8 free throws, you get 6 then we compare who made more shots?

    That's what GAC does
  • BobcatSkywalker
    478 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Actually it's more like a competition where
    Some people take 8 free throws.
    Others take 6 free throws.

    We see who scored more points based on

    1 point for each shot taken.
    1 point for each shot made.

    People who scored 15 or more points get top rewards.
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    I agree the current cross division logic is inherently faulty @BobcatSkywalker. And not because "it's not fair to get matched with someone from an upper division". That's a blessing in disguise. The outcome of this shows right in the top spots of divisions browsable for all. Some simply didn't get access to as many banners no matter how perfect they were.
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play


    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

    Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

    If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

    DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

    and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up

    Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

    Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

    Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

    Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

    I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

    This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

    You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

    The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.

    your literally talking about 256 banners over a total of 4 GA.s if you max poitns on the extra team you have to fight there are feats worth more than that...

    meh

    Edit and the defense setting points.... still meh

    Could that total in the end be the difference between 500+ or getting into top 500....
    maybe but would be a rare occurance over a large sample size of GAC's

    in current form that would cost you about 4 salvage in reward points....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage IMO

    It's more than 256 points. And much more than 4 salvage. Where are you getting your data?

    Its 90x2 on defense so 180 points.
    Then 64x2 on offense so 128 more
    180+128 is 308 per round.
    308x3 is 924 points for 3 rounds of a GA
    There are 4 GA in a GAC so 4x924 points is 3700 points people do not even get a chance to get.

    3700 points will make a difference in if a lot of people make the barrier to aurodium or kyber. It also effects top 200.

    crumb indicated the rewards will be much better in the higher leagues so I assume he means more than +4 salvage for making it to a top league.

    This whole limiting combat cross division matchmaking results in the same outcome as the bug where people get 1000 points twice for a win. Some people just get to score 924 more points than others because they got to set more defenses. What's ridiculous is the trigger for this is how many ships does your opponent have and ships aren't even a part of gac, but they do effect someones division (enemy has less ships = lower division than you = less combat for you)

    If I get to bowl 8 frames and you bowl 6 then we see who scored more points how is that fair?

    I get 8 free throws, you get 6 then we compare who made more shots?

    That's what GAC does

    winning or losing your match has nothing to do with the conversation so please do not include GAC rewards for winning your indidivual match...

    Your simply arguing over the 300 GAC coins "more" than your going to get over or under someone else....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage

    lotta typing over 4 salvage..
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play


    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

    Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

    If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

    DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

    and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up

    Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

    Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

    Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

    Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

    I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

    This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

    You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

    The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.

    your literally talking about 256 banners over a total of 4 GA.s if you max poitns on the extra team you have to fight there are feats worth more than that...

    meh

    Edit and the defense setting points.... still meh

    Could that total in the end be the difference between 500+ or getting into top 500....
    maybe but would be a rare occurance over a large sample size of GAC's

    in current form that would cost you about 4 salvage in reward points....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage IMO

    It's more than 256 points. And much more than 4 salvage. Where are you getting your data?

    Its 90x2 on defense so 180 points.
    Then 64x2 on offense so 128 more
    180+128 is 308 per round.
    308x3 is 924 points for 3 rounds of a GA
    There are 4 GA in a GAC so 4x924 points is 3700 points people do not even get a chance to get.

    3700 points will make a difference in if a lot of people make the barrier to aurodium or kyber. It also effects top 200.

    crumb indicated the rewards will be much better in the higher leagues so I assume he means more than +4 salvage for making it to a top league.

    This whole limiting combat cross division matchmaking results in the same outcome as the bug where people get 1000 points twice for a win. Some people just get to score 924 more points than others because they got to set more defenses. What's ridiculous is the trigger for this is how many ships does your opponent have and ships aren't even a part of gac, but they do effect someones division (enemy has less ships = lower division than you = less combat for you)

    If I get to bowl 8 frames and you bowl 6 then we see who scored more points how is that fair?

    I get 8 free throws, you get 6 then we compare who made more shots?

    That's what GAC does

    winning or losing your match has nothing to do with the conversation so please do not include GAC rewards for winning your indidivual match...

    Your simply arguing over the 300 GAC coins "more" than your going to get over or under someone else....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage

    lotta typing over 4 salvage..

    Never mentioned winning or losing a match. Idk why u bring up random things I never said. Also its 3700 more points over gac not 300. Even one match vs a lower division opponent is enough to prevent players from making kyber league. You need to run the numbers before dismissing the impact.
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

    no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

    There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play


    If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

    Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

    If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

    DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

    and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up

    Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

    Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

    Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

    Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

    I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

    This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

    You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

    The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.

    your literally talking about 256 banners over a total of 4 GA.s if you max poitns on the extra team you have to fight there are feats worth more than that...

    meh

    Edit and the defense setting points.... still meh

    Could that total in the end be the difference between 500+ or getting into top 500....
    maybe but would be a rare occurance over a large sample size of GAC's

    in current form that would cost you about 4 salvage in reward points....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage IMO

    It's more than 256 points. And much more than 4 salvage. Where are you getting your data?

    Its 90x2 on defense so 180 points.
    Then 64x2 on offense so 128 more
    180+128 is 308 per round.
    308x3 is 924 points for 3 rounds of a GA
    There are 4 GA in a GAC so 4x924 points is 3700 points people do not even get a chance to get.

    3700 points will make a difference in if a lot of people make the barrier to aurodium or kyber. It also effects top 200.

    crumb indicated the rewards will be much better in the higher leagues so I assume he means more than +4 salvage for making it to a top league.

    This whole limiting combat cross division matchmaking results in the same outcome as the bug where people get 1000 points twice for a win. Some people just get to score 924 more points than others because they got to set more defenses. What's ridiculous is the trigger for this is how many ships does your opponent have and ships aren't even a part of gac, but they do effect someones division (enemy has less ships = lower division than you = less combat for you)

    If I get to bowl 8 frames and you bowl 6 then we see who scored more points how is that fair?

    I get 8 free throws, you get 6 then we compare who made more shots?

    That's what GAC does

    winning or losing your match has nothing to do with the conversation so please do not include GAC rewards for winning your indidivual match...

    Your simply arguing over the 300 GAC coins "more" than your going to get over or under someone else....

    lotta arguing over 4 salvage

    lotta typing over 4 salvage..

    Never mentioned winning or losing a match. Idk why u bring up random things I never said. Also its 3700 more points over gac not 300. Even one match vs a lower division opponent is enough to prevent players from making kyber league. You need to run the numbers before dismissing the impact.

    I don't care about your numbers friend.

    whatever place i end up in the person ahead of me get's 300 GAC coins. whoever finishes worse than me 300 less GAC coins.

    I like interdivisional play. I don't see a problem with it..... post alllllllllllllllllllll the numbers and situations the downsides, the in's the out's the whathaveyou's.

    In the end I like it so post away....

    It's 300 GAC coin

    GAC rewards suck period...all of it.

    you all complain about the boo hoo aspect of I'm gonna lose out on 300 GAC coin by only making kyber not top 50 kyber meh meh meh

    Rewards suck..... the more i read this stuff the more I think GAC sucks period...

    But I like interdivisional play..... nothing you post could possibly ever change that
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    @Dk_rek 3k banners are tons. What about the difference between making to an upper league or not, is that 4 salvage too?
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    @Dk_rek 3k banners are tons. What about the difference between making to an upper league or not, is that 4 salvage too?

    not for me...

    1) can't make kyber and prob can't make top 500 of Aurodium
    2) every single one of my opponents this final bracket has a "chance"
    3) I can GUARANTEE none of my opponents this final match will make Kyber
    4) the question is the best way of depriving them of points....

    Set one team very strong deprive them of feats and stuff.

    Set two teams same

    set one cup team...

    they all gonna need max points from the 3 matches.... what is the best way

    That is all that matters -Conan
  • No_Try
    3386 posts Member
    Ah ok, thought it was about how it impacts all of us, my bad.
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    7G13 malaks...and me bwhahahahhahah...

    Feel bad for the guys who spent all that to miss kyber because they faced me bwhahaha
  • @BobcatSkywalker, There's another 30 points per defensive slot when the territory is conquered. You can add 30x3x4 or 360 to your calculations.

    @Dk_rek, I also don't mind the cross division matchmaking and I would hate to see matchmaking fixed within a division because it would create bigger problems.

    I'm lost on your argument though. The rewards for league promotion are significant, which is the point that Bobcat was making. I think CG has some work to do in order to even the playing field across divisions for defensive slot mismatches. Also matchmaking should follow GAC win-loss records better than it is doing. GP is a measure of toon investment and does not do a good job at measuring toon strength. GP should be overhauled If it's going to be use this way.
  • DemonR
    29 posts Member
    Im 2.7m, and literally, have not played against anyone below 3.1m. Literally.

    I am a pretty strong player, so im currently winning about 2/3, but it means i can't complete the fetas -often playing against 900k+more
  • Gannon
    1470 posts Member
    nrmkmj4mncvk.png
    😂 finally got there 🙌
    If I can do it, with no Darth revan or Malak, against exclusively higher total gp opponents with both every single round, anything is possible guys. Just try your best, look online for good counters and advice, and Focus those gac metas and it's possible.
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    nrmkmj4mncvk.png
    😂 finally got there 🙌
    If I can do it, with no Darth revan or Malak, against exclusively higher total gp opponents with both every single round, anything is possible guys. Just try your best, look online for good counters and advice, and Focus those gac metas and it's possible.

    whatever man....whatever..

    (Serious congrats on making kyber tho) as to the whole "look at me everyone can do it thing...." whatever

    That's not reality
  • Gannon
    1470 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    nrmkmj4mncvk.png
    😂 finally got there 🙌
    If I can do it, with no Darth revan or Malak, against exclusively higher total gp opponents with both every single round, anything is possible guys. Just try your best, look online for good counters and advice, and Focus those gac metas and it's possible.

    whatever man....whatever..

    (Serious congrats on making kyber tho) as to the whole "look at me everyone can do it thing...." whatever

    That's not reality

    Aww, come on, there's a ton in my guild who did the same and even went well above where I am. But thanks, it took a ton of effort to get there, even including force focusing bugs and such to get them into my top 80
  • maraexibil
    70 posts Member
    edited August 6
    The GAC reward structure must be adjusted.

    I don't understand why the rewards brackets are so narrow and topheavy. Bottom tier is rank 501+. With 10000+ players per division/league this means that 95% of players get the same rewards. I don't see how such a reward structure can motivate 95% of players to try to rank higher.

    Or to put it in a different light, being in the top 6% of your division/league gives you the same end of month rewards as a bottom dweller.

    There are a lot of brilliant calculating minds in the dev team and management. I'm not sure why this obvious mistake was missed.

    Many arguments here originate from the fact that perfect runs don't guarantee higher tier rewards. Then you have trolls who, having lost hope of getting higher than lowest tier rewards, throw in trash D to deprive others of a being in the top 5%.
    Post edited by maraexibil on
Sign In or Register to comment.