Drop rates are 100% rigged :(

Prev1
I sim the max difficulty ship mat challenge every week every time it's on including today with the "double drops" there was a recent recent pod cast where Carrie states you cannot get 0 you will always get one zeta well for 3 SOLID WEEKS IN A ROW these are my rewards.... Tell me those dodgy ea patents arnt in this game I've been sitting at 18/20 for 3 weeks qy2lkoiu0ig5.jpg
mcptpwukpm0t.jpg

Replies

• 4r71s4vex0fp.jpg

fuf30ntuwimh.jpg

I got lucky this time, no omegas but still a great pull, too bad I'll be back to 0 after Revan gets his zetas

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I think they are %76.4 rigged.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    4 for me today. It almost seems random.
  • If you're really that concerned about it why not just buy your two zetas. It shouldn't take weeks to earn the currency for that.
  • With a developer stating you can't get 0 should there be a need to buy them after 3 weeks of rolling something that apparently can't happen? And let's be honest with all the farming for Revans and clone wars content if you want to be ahead who has free currency these days haha
  • 4r71s4vex0fp.jpg

fuf30ntuwimh.jpg

I got lucky this time, no omegas but still a great pull, too bad I'll be back to 0 after Revan gets his zetas

Are you by any chance around like 10 zetas in your inventory? Just one of the patents in question is ment to reduce drop rates the closer you get to needing the amount to apply them
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    With a developer stating you can't get 0 should there be a need to buy them after 3 weeks of rolling something that apparently can't happen? And let's be honest with all the farming for Revans and clone wars content if you want to be ahead who has free currency these days haha

Please show us where you are getting that -0 can't happen after 3 weeks- thingie. That's called pseudo rng, this game doesn't have it anywhere, there are not guarranteed drops anywhere in the game after a certain amount of rolls.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    With a developer stating you can't get 0 should there be a need to buy them after 3 weeks of rolling something that apparently can't happen? And let's be honest with all the farming for Revans and clone wars content if you want to be ahead who has free currency these days haha

Please show us where you are getting that -0 can't happen after 3 weeks- thingie. That's called pseudo rng, this game doesn't have it anywhere, there are not guarranteed drops anywhere in the game after a certain amount of rolls.

I'll find a link to the podcast Carrie states getting 0 is impossible https://youtu.be/dOAnwkY72qA ahnalds vid but the podcast is in there
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

I'll find a link to the podcast Carrie states getting 0 is impossible https://youtu.be/dOAnwkY72qA ahnalds vid but the podcast is in there

Either give the timecode to where that exact statement is or just write down what's exactly said. Then that will become something actionable. Interpretations doesn't put anything on the table.
  • 4r71s4vex0fp.jpg

fuf30ntuwimh.jpg

Are you by any chance around like 10 zetas in your inventory? Just one of the patents in question is ment to reduce drop rates the closer you get to needing the amount to apply them

I have 119 Zetas after these 6
  • I have the same problem, in two weeks only 2 z

Sorry for my english i am spanish
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I had 0/8 and I find it superbly normal as it has happened many times before just like 4/4 also happened many times.
  • I guess if you really think that the drop rate is decreased when you get close then just buy the past two and see if that changes anything. It won't because it's all random anyway. Also, just because ea has this patent doesn't mean that cg is using it. People track droprates app the time and haven't noticed anything fishy.
    I had 0/8 and I find it superbly normal as it has happened many times before just like 4/4 also happened many times.

Lol I thought getting 3 was very lucky, never had 4/4. RIP
  • Before jumping on the 0 is normal hype I'd encourage people to watch this video it's not crazy long and has a lot of info pertaining to the thread if 0 was normal I wouldn't be bothered by this but with CG saying it isn't I don't think we should be so accepting https://youtu.be/dOAnwkY72qA
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I've been sitting at 18/20 for 3 weeks

My friend, if you honestly believe that there's a mechanisme ingame that causes you to have worse drops whenever you're close to completing (in this case) a zeta, why on earth are you sitting on 18/20 for 3(!) weeks when you can just buy those 2 zeta mats in the fleet store?
    So either you're lying about sitting at 18/20 for 3 weeks, or you're not that bothered by the (percieved) lower droprate (due to a patent of which the devs stated that it isn't being used in this game) since you don't mind sitting at 18/20 completely unnessary for atleast 2 weeks.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Before jumping on the 0 is normal hype I'd encourage people to watch this video it's not crazy long and has a lot of info pertaining to the thread if 0 was normal I wouldn't be bothered by this but with CG saying it isn't I don't think we should be so accepting https://youtu.be/dOAnwkY72qA

I watched the video before and it just sounds to me like they are working on removing this kind of thing. I don't know that I buy that but what I do know is that the possibility to get 0 of something has always been present in this game.
  • leef wrote: »

My friend, if you honestly believe that there's a mechanisme ingame that causes you to have worse drops whenever you're close to completing (in this case) a zeta, why on earth are you sitting on 18/20 for 3(!) weeks when you can just buy those 2 zeta mats in the fleet store?
    So either you're lying about sitting at 18/20 for 3 weeks, or you're not that bothered by the (percieved) lower droprate (due to a patent of which the devs stated that it isn't being used in this game) since you don't mind sitting at 18/20 completely unnessary for atleast 2 weeks.

Honestly 2 weeks I didn't mind I was like ah I'll get it next time now it's week 3 and double drops and still nothing it's getting beyond a joke haha
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Before jumping on the 0 is normal hype I'd encourage people to watch this video it's not crazy long and has a lot of info pertaining to the thread if 0 was normal I wouldn't be bothered by this but with CG saying it isn't I don't think we should be so accepting https://youtu.be/dOAnwkY72qA

Youtubers are hardly any better than average folks constantly posting on the forums about drops rates without even a basic understanding of how statistics work or track drop rates at all. It's the same argument all over the place. And the title statement of the video has nothing to do with the droprates but double drops being the -make good- for lack of GAs.

Carrie podcast quote is at 6:25. You are getting it completely backwards. Directly putting down what she says will reveal it for all. Or for anyone who wonders, just listen to the timecode. She's talking about what she would rather want in the game, which is like I said pseudo-rng to ease this perceptional problems which doesn't get reflected in statistics of droprates at all.
  • leef wrote: »

Good point, so now I'm at 119 Zetas should I buy one more before I do the challenges next time?

Idk if I believe all that, I'm sure the patent has been tested in the game but I don't believe it's actually in effect currently. Personally I believe that luck and randomness should be removed altogether from the game to avoid bad luck streaks happening at a bad time. It feels bad having a bad streak with no events in the horizon but when an event is right around the corner and you get a bad streak the frustration can get pretty high and it cause these reactions and rightfully so.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Good point, so now I'm at 119 Zetas should I buy one more before I do the challenges next time?

Idk if I believe all that, I'm sure the patent has been tested in the game but I don't believe it's actually in effect currently. Personally I believe that luck and randomness should be removed altogether from the game to avoid bad luck streaks happening at a bad time. It feels bad having a bad streak with no events in the horizon but when an event is right around the corner and you get a bad streak the frustration can get pretty high and it cause these reactions and rightfully so.

Going bonkers and making false accusations all over the place with simply no evidence to show for it is rightful...or honest? It's rather normal as one decreases their expectations from average people. Rightful, no.
    Before jumping on the 0 is normal hype I'd encourage people to watch this video it's not crazy long and has a lot of info pertaining to the thread if 0 was normal I wouldn't be bothered by this but with CG saying it isn't I don't think we should be so accepting https://youtu.be/dOAnwkY72qA

Youtubers are hardly any better than average folks constantly posting on the forums about drops rates without even a basic understanding of how statistics work or track drop rates at all. It's the same argument all over the place. And the title statement of the video has nothing to do with the droprates but double drops being the -make good- for lack of GAs.

Carrie podcast quote is at 6:25. You are getting it completely backwards. Directly putting down what she says will reveal it for all. Or for anyone who wonders, just listen to the timecode. She's talking about what she would rather want in the game, which is like I said pseudo-rng to ease this perceptional problems which doesn't get reflected in statistics of droprates at all.

She does talk about a system to increase drop rates when this happens but she does state they changed this particular challenge to have a 0 drop rate of zetas
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

She does talk about a system to increase drop rates when this happens but she does state they changed this particular challenge to have a 0 drop rate of zetas

Nop, she doesn't say that, that's how you are interpreting it. Put it down word to word here and everyone will see.
  • I got 0 on the first run and 4 on the second, but I only got 1 on Monday and 0 on Sunday and before that I hadn't got any zetas for about 2 weeks, I currently have 18 now. I do think the rate has dropped over time though I remember probably from around 6 months ago you always used to get at least 1 zeta per two goes on any given event day.
  • We just want and honest game man. Throttling progress to bring longevity to a game is a horrible way to do it because it hits people unevenly. Just give us 100% drop rates at everything and simply reduce our ability to perform more than a certain amount of attempts. No need for RNG, RNG is what unevenly benefits one person over another and that never feels good for the losing side.
  • 8jk1u5w9qm8g.jpeg
    sk3qteysonvt.jpeg

0 Omegas / 0 zetas.... Good job CG, good job...

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    We just want and honest game man. Throttling progress to bring longevity to a game is a horrible way to do it because it hits people unevenly. Just give us 100% drop rates at everything and simply reduce our ability to perform more than a certain amount of attempts. No need for RNG, RNG is what unevenly benefits one person over another and that never feels good for the losing side.

Can you show me a single multi player game that fits the bill you described? I just want a single one. I've been gaming for 32 years. Variation is the juice of gaming.

This game is pretty honest. It has fixed drop rates which holds under every situation for everyone who collected enough samples. There's yet a single person to show an impossible statistical variation with a good amount of samples.

You are left with problems of your perception that you have to deal with if you want to keep on playing it...or get frustrated over it. You don't have a cause though.

If you said "please take shard drop rates from %33 to %50" or "decrease crystal refill costs by %50) that would be a cause that can possibly get passed...it's reasonable to ask for such a thing...whether you may get what you/we want or not.
  • I want 8x ship omegas please, never have enough of those.

Zero zeta for myself also today and average everything else
    We just want and honest game man. Throttling progress to bring longevity to a game is a horrible way to do it because it hits people unevenly. Just give us 100% drop rates at everything and simply reduce our ability to perform more than a certain amount of attempts. No need for RNG, RNG is what unevenly benefits one person over another and that never feels good for the losing side.

Can you show me a single multi player game that fits the bill you described? I just want a single one. I've been gaming for 32 years. Variation is the juice of gaming.

This game is pretty honest. It has fixed drop rates which holds under every situation for everyone who collected enough samples. There's yet a single person to show an impossible statistical variation with a good amount of samples.

You are left with problems of your perception that you have to deal with if you want to keep on playing it...or get frustrated over it. You don't have a cause though.

If you said "please take shard drop rates from %33 to %50" or "decrease crystal refill costs by %50) that would be a cause that can possibly get passed...it's reasonable to ask for such a thing...whether you may get what you/we want or not.

I agree with this the drop rate shouldn't be 100% it'd be too easy and we'd have rosters full of zetas but getting 0 for weeks on end shouldn't be a thing either like we need some middle ground
This discussion has been closed.