Proposed Store Item - $10 for 50 Carth Onasi Shards

To whom it may concern at CG,
I want to start off saying I really like this game and have been playing for years. I would love to spend money on this game, but the current options in the store are just not worth it for me. I did buy the discounted crystal packs for the double-drops on the May the 4th event.

In my farming for Darth Revan, I have been coming up a little short, particularly with Carth Onasi. I'm about 39 shards away with the event starting today. There is a possibility I can close the gap with the double-drops event (but as Ahnald101 said, 2 x 0 is still 0).

I was sure that there would be a pack available in the store, in the event I didn't get incredible luck. But I was disappointed to see that the only pack available was the $50 pack for both Carth and Ordo. I don't mind spending $10 or $20 every so often, but $50 is too much. Also, I already have Ordo at 7*, so that and all the gear and credits and mats are a waste. I only want to buy Carth Onasi shards.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as me, but if there were a pack for $10 to buy 50 Carth Onasi shards (and only the shards, nothing else) then I would buy it today so I can spend my crystals and fleet double-drops (2x0=...?) on something else. But $50 is just plain too much to spend.

At this rate, I think it is likely I'll need to wait until the next time Darth Revan pops up :`(

Regards,
Frustrated Holotable Hero

Replies

• For 2000 crystals (about $15 worth) you can buy 25 Carth shards in weekly shipments.
  • For 2000 crystals (about $15 worth) you can buy 25 Carth shards in weekly shipments.

There's your compromise. 50 shards for $30.
  • You’re 39 shards away? I’m like 50 shards away and I’m gonna make it. Lol. I’m buying both the 25’s from the weekly shipments. Am I missing something here?
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

And if that’s not enough, he pops in the regular shipment store pretty regularly at 4, 8, or 16 shards a pop, for 80 crystals per shard.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.

And if that’s not enough, he pops in the regular shipment store pretty regularly at 4, 8, or 16 shards a pop, for 80 crystals per shard.

Yep 👍
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Yeah, good point. I usually don't look at the weekly shipments so completely forgot about that.
  • I spent $20 and got 25+8+8, unlocked DR ahead of the double drops.

Double drops aren't, because it's changed from 20% drop down to 10%. After 3 days and 2 carth shards with refreshes, I didn't have a choice. Literally the first and absolute last time I will spend money that way. I want to support the devs, but not for the sake of changing rates to nudge people into paying for shards or gear. I'd spend money on someone I liked, but again, NORMAL HUMAN PRICES. If I spend $20+ I expect a fully unlocked, Max gear, maxed out character, not some junk along with 30 shards for one marquee character, 50 for another, 80 for another.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    I spent $20 and got 25+8+8, unlocked DR ahead of the double drops.

Double drops aren't, because it's changed from 20% drop down to 10%. After 3 days and 2 carth shards with refreshes, I didn't have a choice. Literally the first and absolute last time I will spend money that way. I want to support the devs, but not for the sake of changing rates to nudge people into paying for shards or gear. I'd spend money on someone I liked, but again, NORMAL HUMAN PRICES. If I spend $20+ I expect a fully unlocked, Max gear, maxed out character, not some junk along with 30 shards for one marquee character, 50 for another, 80 for another.

That's literally how EA works. They trick you into spending one time for nothing so you're more willing to spend another time to make the previous investment worthy. Gambling, to say it simply.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    If that's what you expect for $20 you are playing the wrong game.

And the rates are exactly the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Oh my goodness. $20 for a 7* fully geared and maxed abilities? Does that come with a free unicorn too?