Help me use my new SE

HK666
1263 posts Member
I've got a couple questions on the new team that I'm gearing up and hoping to throw into arena soonish. Making one big thread instead of several

First question is regarding composition- when Malak returns, he's obviously gonna be on the team 24/7. But for now I've got two slots and SiT, Sass and SiM to choose from. SiT and SiM seem like the default option, but how/when (if ever) do I mix it up? Drop SiT for Sass when fighting taunt ignorers/frequent debuffers like JKR/CLS. Drop SiM for Sass for other SE teams?

Turn order is another big question- Does HK go first for aoe ten down? Revan for Insanity? or Bast for combat meditation (or whatever it's called. her unique debuff. yall know what I'm talking about) Sass seems the obvious choice whenever she's on the team, but unless I'm mistaken that's not gonna be default.

I'd like to know about zetas too. I have all of DR and have saved enough to get all the possible ones. I plan on grabbing Malaks, but I'm kinda questioning the worth of HK's and Basts. They all seem decent, but I;m not sure if any would make a zeta- worthy difference. Like a 25% dmg boost seems pretty good, but it is occasional and I've heard HK already hits hard. 50% potency seems like it'd make a difference before ferocity kicks in at the start of a match, but again, it wants a zeta

Last is raids. I haven't seen the forums discussing how great the team is, so I'm gonna assume it doesn't really beat out any established teams. Regardless, I do wanna use them a few times just for kicks. On paper it looks to me that like other Sith teams, the raid bosses being immune to their debuffs gimps them big time. But, other Sith don't have ferocity. So DR, Sass and SiM for sure, and HK + Bast seems reasonable. But who to drop when Malak comes?

Replies

• Strojař
    115 posts Member
    I'm dealing with exactly same issue. But i already have zBad and zzHK. For now i'm battling with Dr Bad HK Sion Nihil. Helped me get from 80 to 33 in arena yeasterday and today i sit on same possition (that is rare for me i had to try hard everyday to stay under 100 with jkr).
    But I'm lost in mods.. tried to go offense and speed for revan but yoda just instakill him so now i have full health set with speed cd prot prot primaries. I let revan go first and give fear to everyone, then i play with possibilities :D
    I'd be also pleased if somebody with obviously bigger brain matter could enlighten us :)
  • There are a few DR team setups depending on which opponent you want to beat, but when you're gearing up sith empire just remember sith assassin and sith marauder both manipulate turn meter, which just isn't a thing when facing malak.

As malak will be so commonly used by everyone, it devalues those two, making your decisions much simpler ;)
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Marauder gains turn meter when enemies attack out of turn. In mirror matches that's only when enemy SiT counterattacks.
    However his damage ramps so high with all the debuffs on the battlefield, he still provides a lot of value of your squad is fast enough to not need SiT pretaunt.
  • SiT is pretty critical in mirror matches, otherwise any time their DR is faster than yours he will put fear on your entire team. For turn order, I go with DR, HK, Badstila. That way against Jedi you can put fear on their entire team, then HK can use aoe to clear tenacity up/apply tenacity down before Badstila applies CBM. I also use BB8/R2 against JKR, makes those matches cake since I can force mark on R2 before JKR takes a turn (and the TM boost to HK means he doesn’t have to actually be faster than Badstila). If you’re facing more DR, or especially against EP teams, you may want to have Badstila go first so she can prevent debuffs, though be warned against EP if your DR doesn’t go before your opponent’s Nihilus it’s pretty tough to win.
  • Fredbob
    22 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Marauder gains turn meter when enemies attack out of turn. In mirror matches that's only when enemy SiT counterattacks.
    However his damage ramps so high with all the debuffs on the battlefield, he still provides a lot of value of your squad is fast enough to not need SiT pretaunt.

I've not seen any marauders or assassins for a long time with good reason, DR, fallen bast, HK, malak and trooper is most common for my shard and what I've been using. Some are switching in thrawn if they don't have malak, and some are putting in fast yoda to focus more on fighting other DR teams as the tenacity up can help a lot.

The pretaunt from trooper is huge, if you let a faster DR fear your DR then you lose a lot of momentum as everyone gets feared, if you force their DR onto your trooper it's less dangerous.

You'll probably want to focus more on DR mirrors imo, as fighting JKR is easy regardless of turn order etc and there will be a lot more DR teams in your shard/GA soon.
  • One of the faster DRs on our shard (Jan 2017) runs with SiM in place of SiT, so it's possible to run without him (but this has Malak). In mirrors you really want your BSF to go before their BSF. It's unfortunate, but many mirrors are determined by who resists the first CBM.

If you don't have SiT, you can consider KRU for mirrors. I'm not sure what, if any, value that brings to JKR matches. I have an account that's had DR / Malak since release and a second which unlocked him yesterday and at G10 he was having a hard time with arena caliber JKRs - was actually much easier to climb with JKR, but I was also using Sion / Thrawn instead of DN so there's that.

Malak makes the DR team significantly better.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'm almost for sure going with DR, Shan, HK, SiT, Malak when I can. Not really expecting to beat everyone who got Malak round 1 (didn't someone say he's datamined to return the 20th?), but I'm losing ground with JKR right now and I'd like to keep my spot

Forgot about all the non pure SE teams! So DR first, unless I'm running with GMY, Sass, or Thrawn? (or that bb8/r2 combo, which I've never heard of before)
    I think I'll go with Thrawn vs other DR, but I'll keep GMY in mind if I need someone a little faster
    vs JKR, do I need to worry about team comp or should I be fine no matter what I throw in?

• Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    The only composition you really need to worry about is a mirror match. Darth Revan absolutely destroys everything else. I guess without Malak, Padme might be an issue; not sure as I haven't fought a fully zeta'd and arena-modded Padme yet. Regardless, you'll destroy other teams so soundly that for now, you can safely plan strictly around mirror matches without worrying about other comps.

For that reason, Assassin is right out, as the tweak to Malak that knocked out EP as a counter also removed her most valuable asset, the ability to grant TM to the whole squad. So Trooper/Marauder are gonna be your go-tos for a full SE team. As someone else already mentioned, Trooper is all but required unless you have the absolute fastest DR on your entire shard. Otherwise, a faster DR will open with Insanity on yours and fear your whole team, and then you've basically already lost.

Other characters that sneak their way onto DR squads are GM Yoda, Thrawn, and Unmasked Kylo with his pretaunt zeta. These are all ways of compensating for shortfalls on your SE guys - GMY helps against a faster BSF by using Tenacity Up to block CBM, KRU can eat Life Drain due to his near-immunity to %health effects, and Thrawn can fracture Trooper so that you can nuke down BSF without him yanking your focus away with his auto taunt. I think that's what Thrawn is for, anyway. I've never been one of these "solve everything with an ultra fast Thrawn" fanboys, mainly because I don't have the speed mods for it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I use Dr, bastilla, hk, thrawn, and gmy against malak teams. I know no pretaunting tank but my dr is pretty fast so i put fear on opponents first. There are only a few teams with faster drs and i go around them. Dr is the fastest. Then thrawn. Pass the turn to gmy put tenacity up on every one. Then fracture sith trooper to not deal with him. The use bastilla to put fear on malak and go to town. Works pretty well.

Before i put gmy in, i was using shore trooper for a pretaunting tank. In my opinion if you already aren't going full soth empire, shore is a better option. You get the pretaunt of sith trooper but shore is tankier due to not having ferocity and he also heals. It's not like sith trooper does much of your dmg anyway.