Glad to know our opinions are worthless

Ultra
11449 posts Moderator
Since we don’t change drop rates (even though players won’t believe me; I see you r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes),
Literally 2x0=0 has been posted in this forum every day in every thread but it’s great to hear that the official forum has no voice or readers in CG staff except for CG_SBCrumb, CG_Leviathan and a very very small number

Great to see decisions are based on reddit because Carrie never goes here and is always surprised on what is talked about on the forums

Might as well ban all discussion, opinions, and feedback in these forums

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    And no one is complaining about getting carbs.....it’s eyeballs and stun guns we need to get more of! I have 500 carbs and 50 stun guns because they seem to have taken a vacation away from the stores....
  • They literally just made your requested change based on player feedback. Why do you think they aren’t hearing you?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    They literally just made your requested change based on player feedback. Why do you think they aren’t hearing you?

It's more about the fact he's talking about reddit, with no mention of the community hear I believe.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    And no one is complaining about getting carbs.....it’s eyeballs and stun guns we need to get more of! I have 500 carbs and 50 stun guns because they seem to have taken a vacation away from the stores....

Not the point of this thread at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They literally just made your requested change based on player feedback. Why do you think they aren’t hearing you?

It's more about the fact he's talking about reddit, with no mention of the community hear I believe.

Different devs actually have different "places" they look at regularly. One example as it has been described to me is that Top Hat has a lot more domain over Reddit and is given more "freedom" there.

It would be a full time job for each person to keep up on here, reddit, twitter, FB and discord (I'm sure I'm missing something else too, smoke signals?)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Different devs actually have different "places" they look at regularly. One example as it has been described to me is that Top Hat has a lot more domain over Reddit and is given more "freedom" there.

It would be a full time job for each person to keep up on here, reddit, twitter, FB and discord (I'm sure I'm missing something else too, smoke signals?)

Except this allegedly official forum, and devs responding to things everywhere but here is a running joke for a reason. Maybe they should consider reassigning a couple of people to this domain, seeing as how it's supposed to be the official forum.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Right. That's what I'm getting at. So if they have more freedom outside the official forums, and they see no point in spending time here then what's the point of this place?

Carrie on the podcast and reddit the other day keeps acting surprised whenever someone brings up official forums and is like "i have zero idea what is going there, can you tell me more about what you mean / asking me about?"

Like, what incentive do we forumers have here if we are going to be ignored?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I agree completely on this point. This is the official forum yet its treated like its officially non existent the majority of the time. I'm fine with them posting on TFR (troll free reddit) but that same info should always appear here first
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Or maybe they feel safer sniping at the subreddit than at the official forum.
    Still not a he.
  • The forum truly is just a bulletin board
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Right. That's what I'm getting at. So if they have more freedom outside the official forums, and they see no point in spending time here then what's the point of this place?

Carrie on the podcast and reddit the other day keeps acting surprised whenever someone brings up official forums and is like "i have zero idea what is going there, can you tell me more about what you mean / asking me about?"

saying we are being ignored =/= being ignored.

the read feedback and implement things posted all over, including here.

there is litterally not a single shred of evidence that the official forums are ignored. more information is posted here than in any where else.

by freedom, i mean they respond more off the cuff, they do not post there as a source of information. feel as you wish but there is no proof to back it up. i think its a little amiss to pull this out of a single line in a post, but you do you.
  • Kyno wrote: »

there is litterally not a single shred of evidence that the official forums are ignored. more information is posted here than in any where else.

by freedom, i mean they respond more off the cuff, they do not post there as a source of information. feel as you wish but there is no proof to back it up. i think its a little amiss to pull this out of a single line in a post, but you do you.

There may not be evidence that they ignore these forums but there is definitely evidence that they don't ignore Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Slack, Discord, and other places. It'd be nice to see some more interaction here and not just an announcement followed by a disappearing act.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    There may not be evidence that they ignore these forums but there is definitely evidence that they don't ignore Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Slack, Discord, and other places. It'd be nice to see some more interaction here and not just an announcement followed by a disappearing act.
    Those all have apps the devs have installed on their phones and engage with outside of work, and which integrate cleanly into daily life. The forums don't, making it much less convenient to access the forums outside of work. And during the work day, they're actually, y'know, working.

It's natural that the nature of engagement is different on the forums than on social media.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    i know they read and can't respond, that's fine

my issue was the lack of acknowledgement

In the podcast Carrie acted surprised that there is stuff being talked in the forums

The other day in reddit she is very clueless about the forums and what goes on there and instead of looking here, she was asking redditors about what goes in the forums

and then we have Cyanide saying they listen to feedback posted in reddit

Clearly nobody brings up issues we bring up. I'm not asking for devs to post daily, I am aware they have stricter rules here, but it seems like nobody brings up issues discussed in forums, or any feedback or anything

Statements like "We hear your complaints r/StarWarsGalaxyOfHeroes" only reinforces that

I can post clip of the podcast and Carrie's post if you want Kyno

Yes they have multiple sources like Reddit, Twitter, Discord etc but it seems like they check all those other sources above here instead of giving official forums precedence over reddit
  • I think the "freedom" on reddit is the key. My opinion is people got tired of the conservative chat rules here and moved to reddit. It seemed to be the landing spot for people who were warned or banned on here.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Those all have apps the devs have installed on their phones and engage with outside of work, and which integrate cleanly into daily life. The forums don't, making it much less convenient to access the forums outside of work. And during the work day, they're actually, y'know, working.

It's natural that the nature of engagement is different on the forums than on social media.

Maybe they should make an app for the forum then. Other forums have apps. There probably even an app template they could skin and customize.

Not interacting because there is no app is a pretty weak excuse. So it's, "it's natural". If that's the case then just shut down these forums and redirect everyone to one of those platforms.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

Statements like "We hear your complaints r/StarWarsGalaxyOfHeroes" only reinforces that

This is what ticked me off
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

They don't interact here. They only post official missives that have gone through their 20 layers of approval or whatever. They don't respond to questions or make the posters here feel like they are members of the community. Once in a while Crumb will respond to a question on a thread, but it's rare, even when it's a megathread on a post *asking* for questions. IMO, if you are going to have an official forum, and you are going to interact with community members, then you should interact with community members on the official forum.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Crumb even solicited questions in the megathread and then ignored them... What was the point of that?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    My biggest issue is when they answer questions on Reddit and don't repeat the information here. That's ridiculous.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I think the "freedom" on reddit is the key. My opinion is people got tired of the conservative chat rules here and moved to reddit. It seemed to be the landing spot for people who were warned or banned on here.

sure, but why do the devs respond/communicate/interact there more often? They don't like how they moderate their own forum?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    giphy.gif
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    On the topic of forums, this is the response Carrie got:

osn6y1owxhu9.png

Its a good thing Carrie takes all her feedback from reddit, eh?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    On the topic of forums, this is the response Carrie got:

osn6y1owxhu9.png

Its a good thing Carrie takes all her feedback from reddit, eh?

So much love on that post. Take notice the forum guidelines. I am not even allowed to form a sentence on that. 'nuff said.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    1. Having a official forum should result in getting all information there even if the original question doesn't came from it but the answer is important to all players.

2. People should be allowed to talk about their concerns and these should be addressed in a proper way. Nobody likes it if you keep hearing 'We hear you!' but nothing happens for weeks or months. Things may need time, roger that. Actual caring about what people say and communicating with them within time(!) is way better in keeping the morale high.

3. Answer HQ from EA may be helpful for EA in getting all things together, allowing them to address all issues and stuff. But that's not what people want. They want help on the official forum and not being told 'Go somewhere else', in fact they will go somewhere else with all the other topics too (Reddit etc.). No, i don't have a solution for that. I'm just showing up the problem.

Conclusion: IF all information would be given here, IF communication would be a lot better (more often, WAY more often and on point in the time being) and IF people would get actual help forums could be a much better place. But that's just dreaming, right?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Hrmm. Took an 8 month forum break.

Good to see things have improved in the interim.

Oh wait...
    Chained since '16