Zeta change clarification

Replies

• Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    (note to self, dont do math after no sleep)
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6ar7ms/ive_been_tracking_zeta_drops_and_thought_id_share/

Someone who actually bothered to track data shows that the average was just above 1 - for both attempts combined.

Now we are all guaranteed 2 for both attempts combined.

Yet still people complain.
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    great!
    so we can calculate with 4 zetas on the june 16th and 4 on june 17th?
    double drops at the weekend!!

No, since the change isn't implemented yet.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6ar7ms/ive_been_tracking_zeta_drops_and_thought_id_share/

Someone who actually bothered to track data shows that the average was just above 1 - for both attempts combined.

People are stoidi
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    great!
    so we can calculate with 4 zetas on the june 16th and 4 on june 17th?
    double drops at the weekend!!

No because we will get this after the double drops.

And people only remember the times they get 1 or 0 so they think they get a lot less than they usually do. 2 each day is prolly the avg we get
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    That data came from reddit....I accept nothing from reddit as factual as this is our official forum
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6ar7ms/ive_been_tracking_zeta_drops_and_thought_id_share/

That math edited sample sizes from factors of 5 to 4. It is only an approximation at best. I have to agree here. Why couldn't they leave it 1-2. I am not salty thankfully, because I have plenty of zeta and not enough OMEGAS.
  • Is this the same from the guy in reddit that did the math of the amount of things we are missing from the cancelled GA? Because if yes, even a 10 year old child can notice his math is full of crap
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    That data came from reddit....I accept nothing from reddit as factual as this is our official forum

That's the right attitude! If I dont read something where I read stuff then its definitely not factual cause I didnt read it!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »
    But everyone here kept saying 2x0=0. Now it's just a 1+1=2. So how is this not better.
    /thread
  • Kokie wrote: »
    I think the data maybe came from the game... 😜
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    That's real talk there.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    You see that spike out of nowhere suddenly?

That's when they refunded the gear on Sith Assassin
  • Gair wrote: »

That math edited sample sizes from factors of 5 to 4. It is only an approximation at best. I have to agree here. Why couldn't they leave it 1-2. I am not salty thankfully, because I have plenty of zeta and not enough OMEGAS.

At best guess based on multiple sources throughout the internet the previous drop rates were

0 - 50%
    1 - 40%
    2 - 10%

This averages out to 1.2 per day. With this change we are getting 2 per day.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Does "punch in the gut" count as "slap in the face" for the bingo card?
    Still not a he.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited June 2019

If that's really the actual math, the minimum is definitely improved, no doubt, no one is gonna argue on that (well, I hope lol)

I just don't see the need to remove the highest possibility, if initially it wasn't gamebreaker in any way to have a chance at 2. They give us way too often the feeling that for any single minor giveaway, they HAVE to take something back in return… it gets annoying at best.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Dupe post because combined threads.
    Post edited by Ruark_Icefire on
  • TydusKlife
    33 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Does the sith raid even drop mk3 carbs as per his example of passive rewards?

ankzlwzc1622.jpg
  • ottomaddux
    490 posts Member
    edited June 2019

People are stoidi

I Agree! people are STOIDI
    and they just like to nialpmoc
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Yes, in Tier V or lower

You don't get Mk 3 Carbanti's in T6 or heroic Sith Raid, however
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Oi. They increase drops by over half, and you complain it's not more? What is wrong with people?
    Peperlu wrote: »
    If that's really the actual math, the minimum is definitely improved, no doubt, no one is gonna argue on that (well, I hope lol)

I just don't see the need to remove the highest possibility, if initially it wasn't gamebreaker in any way to have a chance at 2. They give us way too often the feeling that for any single minor giveaway, they HAVE to take something back in return… it gets annoying at best.
    They aren't taking anything. They're increasing the average. Period. This forum is swamped in people complaining about a single zero drop day. People have long lamented the zero drop days. Now, there are going to be no zero drop days! Instead of a random drop that skews to less than one, you're guaranteed one. Long term, you're going to get MORE ZETAS. Period. End of story. You are getting MORE.
    Still not a he.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    But what about the omegas? ;)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

That's the right attitude! If I dont read something where I read stuff then its definitely not factual cause I didnt read it!

Exactly! Of course I was being sarcastic as to me it honestly makes no difference whether they change the drop rate or not. I always based my zeta plan off of fleet tokens and TW/GA. Everything else is a bonus
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yes, in Tier V or lower

Out of all the cruddy complaints posted over the last few weeks, I think this may actually be worth complaining about!

Meaning no carbantis from Heroic Sith. Not the dev post.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    VonZant wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yes, in Tier V or lower

Out of all the cruddy complaints posted over the last few week's, I think this may actually be worth complaining about!
    That graph is very misleading, because of his Mk 3 example

They passively increased carbanti flow for early game players, while end game players have no passive inflow increase and there are a few other examples I can think of why the graph shows higher Carbanti influx while not really being the case
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Yeah, I’m fine with this. It allows for more predictable planning since the outcomes of one source will be constant. Statistically it is likely a wash or slightly better than the current model. You lose the rare moments of “Oh snap I got 4” but also the moments when you get zilch.

Good overall move. Nothing to celebrate but not a hit against players.
  • Oh, btw, Marquee toons will now have 3 zeta abilities. Probably.
  • As much as I bust CG's b*lls for things I find detrimental to the players I have to admit this change will be a huge positive for the players. Well done and I appreciate it.
  • Jeric wrote: »
    Yeah, I’m fine with this. It allows for more predictable planning since the outcomes of one source will be constant. Statistically it is likely a wash or slightly better than the current model. You lose the rare moments of “Oh snap I got 4” but also the moments when you get zilch.

Good overall move. Nothing to celebrate but not a hit against players.

Nothing to celebrate? I lost my mind cheering when I read this change. I can't think of any recent change to the game that I could possibly celebrate more.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I've been happy to get 1 zeta out of the 2 challenges, since zero is pretty common. Getting 2 all the time is amazing. I've only gotten 4 once, and 3 maybe once or twice a season. Definitely outweighs the randomness of 0-2.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m