Don't give up on Stage 7 Yoda

LordKami37
1 posts Member
edited March 2016
Don't give up, and don't listen to the people who say it's impossible without Barris lead, or that you NEED certain characters.

My team was QGJ (Lead), Lumi, Ahsoka, JC, and Mace
I used Lumi as lead several times, but I found I was faring better with QGJ. With maxed out +speed from QGJ, Yoda gets two attacks at the start and then 4 of my 5 team members are able to attack before his next.

Hint #1: Don't be afraid to retreat after Yoda's first turn. If he attacks twice, instead of using Battle Meditation, or if one if his attacks is a crit (10-11k crit can almost one-shot most characters), then retreat.

Hint #2: Don't be afraid to retreat when you see who Yoda's teammates are. If he's paired with a strong attacker like Mace, Aayla, Kit, etc., just retreat.

Hint #3: Hope for a lucky first turn. For my team, this meant Yoda attacking Mace, who takes significantly less damage. Or, in rarer cases, an evade on the first turn.

Hint #4: Use one of two strategies. Either get Yoda paired with Barriss + weak attacker, and use Barriss' heal to your advantage. Bring the other Jedi down to yellow, then work on Barriss. Try to get one of the two of them down to red so that when Barriss heals on her next turn, Yoda is in the yellow. Pick off the non-Barriss jedi, keep Barriss in red, then focus on Yoda.

This strategy relies on a lot of planning: you can't outlast Yoda with only 2 healers on your team. I was able to use this strategy to nearly kill Yoda a few times, but he always scored a lucky KO.

The second strategy is to get Yoda paired with two relatively weak teammates, such as Plo Koon, Jedi Guardian, Ima Gun-Di, Old Ben, etc. (a lesser but still not impossible scenario is if he's paired with one weak attacker and JC--you can take out JC in your first set of turns if Yoda doesn't focus one character).

Ultimately, this is what worked for me. He was paired with Plo Koon and Jedi Guardian. I got quite lucky because Yoda was fairly spread out in his attacks, although in a couple of cases he brought more than one character to read--luckily I had Lumi's heal saved. I also had a lucky proc from Mace that gave me a free -20% on Yoda immediately after his first battle meditation wore off, which definitely helped.

When it came down to it, I killed Yoda before losing a single character. But as he died, two were at less than 5-10% health, and they were killed. But still having two attackers + JC, I was easily able to take out the other two teammates. (As a matter of interest, my FIRST attempt at Stage 7 was with this combo, and I killed Yoda but had already lost 2 members of my team and the remaining three were weak without a heal, so I lost.)

Hint #5: Be conservative with your heals. Assuming Yoda doesn't focus one character, wait until at least 3 characters need a significant heal. Use JC's first, since the cooldown is shorter.

Good luck.