Why it doesn't feel like we are getting more carbs

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Misrepresents my argument again.

I give up.

If you feel that way then you've probably made your point poorly. Or, perhaps, since you didn't bring any characters above G8 2 years so you really have no frame of reference to compare to and it's impossible for you to perceive the difference?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way, hope you get over the "insult".
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    If you wanna make the argument that they completely need to bring down carbanti wall or they need to give us 4X more carbantis, then make that argument. Currently you are going off a false premise and accusation.

sycqpykxhude.jpg

I'm not making that argument. I'm saying that the dev post suggesting gear crunch has been eased in the last 2 years is disingenuous. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with the chart here, but I have already explained several times why I believe the gear crunch has gotten worse despite increased availability of carbs.

Your lines are also making the assumption that the bottom of the chart is 0 salvage, but without any notations shown it could easily be 20, 40, or any other number.

Yes, that's the assumption I'm making. It would be ridicilious for the bottom line to not be zero, that would make the chart (without any notation) disingeous and a lie.

I don't agree with your interpretation that the g12 crunch hasn't eased either. I'm pretty close to the point where I get everything with a good kit or finds a place in the game to g12 on 0$. I'm a day 1 player and your mileage will naturally vary.

If you feel behind, then you need to prioritise well what to gear until g1-g12 crunch eases for you.

Wut I got, a rather typical picture at my GP (I check all my GA matchups)
    pbaivf5aabl2.png
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    How do you define demand?

A lot of these demands for carbantis are not because new characters increase the amount of gear we need. The rate of that is down considerably.

Rather, most of what's happening is new teams come along with one or two new members, and the rest of the team is older characters who CG's breathed new life into. Which is exactly what we asked them to do time and again. But that's not new demand. That's old demand from old content that you're just noticing now that CG's making more of the roster useful and relevant.

The gear crunch is not because there's a shortage of gear or an addition of characters who need them, but because CG has made more existing characters actually useful and desirable.
    Still not a he.
  • No_Try wrote: »

I don't agree with your interpretation that the g12 crunch hasn't eased either. I'm pretty close to the point where I get everything with a good kit or finds a place in the game to g12 on 0$. I'm a day 1 player and your mileage will naturally vary.

If you feel behind, then you need to prioritise well what to gear until g1-g12 crunch eases for you.
    I don't feel behind. I carefully manage my resources and focus on gearing up the most important toons, resulting in a lean roster that has done very well in GAs. However I feel that keeping up with the latest releases and keeping the newest fads battle ready is harder than ever. More abundant carbs and cuffs has been counteracted by the need for higher geared characters, and more stun guns, m6 medpacks, and kyrotech. Clearly as an older player the pinch is less acute for you, especially with the recent focus on reworks when you probably had already geared many of these older toons.

I don't know what percentage of the players are from back in the first few months of the game like you, but I strongly suspect my experience is more representative of us players as a whole.

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I seldom run into a true carbanti or gear overall crunch as I focus only on what team or teams I currently need. Granted for the new toons released I had to do some serious farming for the new gear but overall I'm content with the gear flow. I mean I could always gear up my jawas or tuskens but why?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    However I feel that keeping up with the latest releases and keeping the newest fads battle ready is harder than ever.

I don't know what percentage of the players are from back in the first few months of the game like you, but I strongly suspect my experience is more representative of us players as a whole.

I agree with the first one. Starting from Chewie they went into a torpor mode, this was an awful run. And now these recent developments and no more upcoming immediate meta releases in sight make me hopeful they are going back to a more normal place. i.e. you'll now need to gear seps/clones/GR for TB(without extreme hurries) and possibly some toons for the new fleets if you fancy that. G13 flat will also shuffle the existing metas a bit, so old -no meta- things may surprisingly become new meta. I consider that really cool compared to gold rush every hero/legendary causes. A few months period spent only this way will allow us to reconsodilate our rosters and take a breath from hero/legs that are immediate must have metas.

We wouldn't ever know the player distribution regarding their start times. We do know the pace shard launch times (=20k new players in the game) consistently increased. Then there's the picture of quitters and more the veteran, more likely to quit reality. Then there's the opposing psychology "I invested too much to quit" for veterans.

If we merely look at what CG focuses on, they are clearly working majorly to bring things to 2+ years rosters and almost nothing specifically to 1- year rosters.

That may be also due to old content is actually new content for them unless they insist on the ability to go into the newest things immediately. People are sometimes incredibly greedy. Veterans played this game through tick and thin with way less content, the total amount things in the game is constantly increasing. That provides a pick for any player new and old an option what to enjoy and what to focus on.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Depends on where you stand. I don't have many shards left to farm.

Nobody cares dude, the guy points out to something most players are dealing with, nobody cares about your whale account
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Nobody cares dude, the guy points out to something most players are dealing with, nobody cares about your whale account

Welcome the true representative of -most players-! How has most players been doing these days?

Welcome the true representative of -most players-! How has most players been doing these days?

Struggling with the new gear pieces that are a complete scam. Catching up to legendary farms and struggling with omeg crunch. Pretty much
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Struggling with the new gear pieces that are a complete scam. Catching up to legendary farms and struggling with omeg crunch. Pretty much

Cool, then that aligns with CGs intentions. It's not that much about carbantis anymore, there are several other things that took precedent.

I fully agree about the kyrotech btw. It's a secret 11.2k crystals cost per a new toon. It's farmable but farming it doesn't cost less crystals either. So that makes it a pure crystal cost new bottleneck unlike everything else. It would ok if they kept it to hero's, legs, but now they are spreading it everywhere like pepper.

Cool, then that aligns with CGs intentions. It's not that much about carbantis anymore, there are several other things that took precedent.

I fully agree about the kyrotech btw. It's a secret 11.2k crystals cost per a new toon. It's farmable but farming it doesn't cost less crystals either. So that makes it a pure crystal cost new bottleneck unlike everything else. It would ok if they kept it to hero's, legs, but now they are spreading it everywhere like pepper.

The new piece is the biggest scam in the game because it was advertised as a gear piece to alleviate a crunch but it requires even more crystals and it can't be earned from raids like the pieces it's supposed to alleviate us from. Disgusting
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Carbs make you fat... idk why you would want anymore...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019

The new piece is the biggest scam in the game because it was advertised as a gear piece to alleviate a crunch but it requires even more crystals and it can't be earned from raids like the pieces it's supposed to alleviate us from. Disgusting

Can you quote the bold part? I don't know of this. Ofc it does the reverse.

Here's a simple calculation made on assumption.
    1. You will only use refills to farm this gear.

Farming a Kyrotech piece that's sold on the shipments for 1400 crystals comes for 947 crystals if you only use 50 refills (%22 gear drop rates where samplers agree on). Maybe you go with both 50 and 100 crystal refills, then that gets you to 1420 crystals. You end up paying the same as shipments. Hopefully you are not doing only 100 refills or more for this purpose, then you are doing it wrong, just go buy it xD.

*I don't wanna discuss my assumption, I know some folks will argue against it. But I completely disclude a player that simply have nothing else to farm. All peeps use their frebbies, some peeps use their 50 refills for other things that never expires. You can ofc allocate your freebies and 50x for farming it if that's no1 priority to gear at any moment if you are gearing a toon where other stuff is done besides the kyro gear up piece.

*edit: my calculation was wrong, edited it.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • TVF wrote: »

I have very little left to farm (<100 on Droideka, embo, <150 b1) and I assure you I am no whale.

Some people have been playing the game longer than you.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I have very little left to farm (<100 on Droideka, embo, <150 b1) and I assure you I am no whale.

Some people have been playing the game longer than you.

Noooo you must be a whale and you must be lying...goes the typical forum argument xD. They can't do something, thus it can't be done.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If you are talking about them vs 100-200 more mk3 stun cuffs/mk5 stun guns/mk3 caribanti, then doesnt that prove the point that they are alleviating a crunch?

They do not cost any crystals, you can simply farm them using free energy, if that is something that you feel is important.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I disagree with this. The only way an increase in ways to get gear could be offset by adding more characters is if you're trying to gear every character at once. If you need 50 Carbanti Salvage today you'll acquire them faster today than you could have a year ago. Sounds like things have been eased a bit.

So you don't think in game requirements for high gear level characters as a whole has increased significantly in the last 2 years?

I don't know what you're asking here. There are many in game requirements. If you mean for pre G12 gear then no. There has been no increase in the last two years. **Unless** you're trying to gear up more characters in the G8 to G11 range than you were 2 years ago.

Of course I am. Everyone is. 2 years ago g8 characters could clear all the events. Now they can only clear events that are 2 years old.

That's silly. Don't try to gear up every character then. Work on a few at a time. 5 or (preferably) fewer for one squad. You'll probably find that going from G8 to G11 on a single character is faster now than 2 years ago. I know I do.

This is simply not a valid statement. 2 years ago they gave us at most 5 characters in a squad, multiple ways to farm them including GW store (looking at you Pheonix) and before that they released 1 toon at a time.

Now, they release 10 toons, 2 full squads, and expect them to be g12 zeta within 30 days and then they launch the all powerful meta toon which requires ALL 10 TO BE MAXED. They put them on a single hard node and say spend or get it in a year.

We need 20 carbs at a time just to g11 these toons let alone g12, and even devoting 100% of resources into carbs ( believe me I tried) it simply can't be done.

Working on 1 toon as pointless since that one toon is useless without a fully maxed out squad behind it, or requires that fully maxed out squad just to be unlocked, so again your statement is just not valid.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

If you are talking about them vs 100-200 more mk3 stun cuffs/mk5 stun guns/mk3 caribanti, then doesnt that prove the point that they are alleviating a crunch?

They do not cost any crystals, you can simply farm them using free energy, if that is something that you feel is important.

Here comes the -freely farmable- cavalry! How many kyrotechs have you finished with free energy so far?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Here'a rather simple calculation of farming kyrotech with only free energy. Let's do shaak'tis only kyros with freebies. I completely forgot how much free energy we get for day from claiming them, is it 120? I'll assume that. We get 240 refill energy per day. So 360 per day.

At a droprate of %22 you approx. get 1 piece per every 50 energy. I'll do the exact calculation though. You get 7.92 kyro salvage per day. Congratulations, all your Kyro needs for Shaak'ti will be done in 50.50505050505 days!

*reminder: don't try it home.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Here comes the -freely farmable- cavalry! How many kyrotechs have you finished with free energy so far?

I straight bought malaks new gear and half for padma, but farmed the rest:
    znzadbq90vfy.jpg

Say what you will, energy is free and they are farmable, if they are a problem, focus a farm on them.

Do you want to see my 200+ stun guns I farmed also?

Anyone saying that he is wrong and energy isnt a primary source of farming gear is wrong. Once I am in a good place with my current farms, I will switch to a prep mode and only farm gear that are the usually suspects for the crunch.

Double drops helped a lot, and the stores for stun guns (the free ones not crystals)
    Anyone with a decent farming plan has refreshes planned using crystals, and most get those crystals from free sources. It's all about planning and managing resources.

If you feel you are being forced to spend any resources not the way you want, then you need to change your plan and make the proper decisions to help alleviate that feeling. Yes that may mean things take longer or you have to stop something you want, but it's all about a balance of effort.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    I disagree with this. The only way an increase in ways to get gear could be offset by adding more characters is if you're trying to gear every character at once. If you need 50 Carbanti Salvage today you'll acquire them faster today than you could have a year ago. Sounds like things have been eased a bit.

So you don't think in game requirements for high gear level characters as a whole has increased significantly in the last 2 years?

I don't know what you're asking here. There are many in game requirements. If you mean for pre G12 gear then no. There has been no increase in the last two years. **Unless** you're trying to gear up more characters in the G8 to G11 range than you were 2 years ago.

Of course I am. Everyone is. 2 years ago g8 characters could clear all the events. Now they can only clear events that are 2 years old.

That's silly. Don't try to gear up every character then. Work on a few at a time. 5 or (preferably) fewer for one squad. You'll probably find that going from G8 to G11 on a single character is faster now than 2 years ago. I know I do.

This is simply not a valid statement. 2 years ago they gave us at most 5 characters in a squad, multiple ways to farm them including GW store (looking at you Pheonix) and before that they released 1 toon at a time.

Now, they release 10 toons, 2 full squads, and expect them to be g12 zeta within 30 days and then they launch the all powerful meta toon which requires ALL 10 TO BE MAXED. They put them on a single hard node and say spend or get it in a year.

We need 20 carbs at a time just to g11 these toons let alone g12, and even devoting 100% of resources into carbs ( believe me I tried) it simply can't be done.

Working on 1 toon as pointless since that one toon is useless without a fully maxed out squad behind it, or requires that fully maxed out squad just to be unlocked, so again your statement is just not valid.

If you feel like you can't focus on few characters at a time (hint: you can) then your perception on the gear crunch is largely influenced by your approach and less so by what is actually going on in game.

You don't need the most recent meta characters the first time around. Yes, they help in arena and GA. And if that is your goal then you need to focus on resource management or, as you point out, spend.

Both you and the OP seem to be saying, "the gear crunch isn't alleviated because I HAVE to gear more characters at the same time. Which isn't true. Stick to one squad or less and your perception will change.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member

znzadbq90vfy.jpg

Say what you will, energy is free and they are farmable, if they are a problem, focus a farm on them.

Anyone saying that he is wrong and energy isnt a primary source of farming gear is wrong. Once I am in a good place with my current farms, I will switch to a prep mode and only farm gear that are the usually suspects for the crunch.

Double drops helped a lot, and the stores for stun guns (the free ones not crystals)
    Anyone with a decent farming plan has refreshes planned using crystals, and most get those crystals from free sources. It's all about planning and managing resources.

If you feel you are being forced to spend any resources not the way you want, then you need to change your plan and make the proper decisions to help alleviate that feeling. Yes that may mean things take longer or you have to stop something you want, but it's all about a balance of effort.

I actually wonder if there is any moderator who is in lets say top 200-500 arena and ships. Where you pretty mach have approx 150-200 crystals to spend per day. At that spot you cant catch up to your shard since each day they get more ahead of you and you cant use crystals for store and material farms because that way you have no crystal left for shards farming for all new meta toons.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

znzadbq90vfy.jpg

Ok. you haven't farmed any kyro via free energy. Have you known a single player that finished farming of a single toons worth of kyros via free energy?

I put up a calculation right before your post how long that takes. Then follow if there's no such person, what good does it serve that to be an option? Noone does that, everyone spends crystals to farm gear (+ofc using the free energy as well). It's not a no crystals means of doing this thing. Other things you farm are all also avaliable in numerous currencies.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    And naturally, being a both arenas topper I do absolutely pay the crystals worth getting these things. Your argument that "there is another way" holds no water. CG naturally intended these things (kyros) to cause huge crystals spending, let's be a bit honest about it.
  • I find it interesting that they choose carbanti instead of stun guns or the golden eyeballs or stun cuffs. Carbantis alone are rarely the bottleneck for me anymore when trying to get characters to gear 12. Yes we need tons of them and yes CG has increased them. However we are just at a different bottleneck and the demands of the game have outpaced the sources of gear by a wide margin.
    Looking at one type of gear over time with looking at how many teams you need for GA and TW is a limited view. CG can say “yes we have added Carbantis to the game”. They cannot say “we have improved the gear grind”
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    I find it interesting that they choose carbanti instead of stun guns or the golden eyeballs or stun cuffs. Carbantis alone are rarely the bottleneck for me anymore when trying to get characters to gear 12. Yes we need tons of them and yes CG has increased them. However we are just at a different bottleneck and the demands of the game have outpaced the sources of gear by a wide margin.
    Looking at one type of gear over time with looking at how many teams you need for GA and TW is a limited view. CG can say “yes we have added Carbantis to the game”. They cannot say “we have improved the gear grind”

They said they improved the pre G12 gear grind (gear that you apply to G10 characters or below). They didn't define what counts as G12 gear. Stun guns, for example, seem to be G12 gear even though many characters require them prior to G11.
  • Spending energy to farm gear is core to SWGOH, and we don’t have any plans on changing that.
    Seriously, what game are you playing? Energy is primarily for farming shards, not gear.

when i read this i honestly had the thought "have i been going wrong farming shards since 2015 almost exclusively?!" ...thanks for this post. I felt as you did, though i must admit i felt less insulted and more confused XD, after reading your thoughts it has helped me feel more confidant in my own.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Please define the amount of money I have to spend over two years to qualify as a whale. If you can't, stop making accusations.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Can you quote the bold part? I don't know of this. Ofc it does the reverse.

Here's a simple calculation made on assumption.
    1. you will never use your free energy or the 50 refills to farm this gear.

Farming a Kyrotech piece that's sold on the shipments for 1400 crystals comes for 947 crystals if you only use 100 refills (%22 gear drop rates where samplers agree on). Maybe you go with both 100 and 200 crystal refills, then that gets you to 1420 crystals. You end up paying the same as shipments. Hopefully you are not doing only 200 refills or more for this purpose, then you are doing it wrong, just go buy it xD.

*I don't wanna discuss my assumption, I know some folks will argue against it. But I completely disclude a player that simply have nothing else to farm. All peeps use their frebbies, some peeps use their 50 refills for other things that never expires. You can ofc allocate your freebies and 50x for farming it if that's no1 priority to gear at any moment if you are gearing a toon where other stuff is done besides the kyro gear up piece.

I can't find it atm but there was definitely a dev post claiming that the new pieces would reduce the crunch of pieces like guns and eyeballs. And it was definitely a complete falsehood.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Seriously, what game are you playing? Energy is primarily for farming shards, not gear.
    Who am I going to give the benefit of the doubt--you, who is talking about your playing habits, or the developer who has access to data that shows what literally every person in the game uses their energy on....
    Darth Malak alone requires 200 Carbantis. Absolutely ridiculous
    That takes less than a month to farm through challenges alone. What's absolutely ridiculous is your impatience.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.