Zeta problem?

Replies

• Haven’t had a zeta in over 3 weeks. So nothing on any of these challenge days, and with new TW or GA running I haven’t zetad a character in approx a month. This is becoming ridiculous, especially with the zeta events (nightsisters and ewoks) being down to 1 day instead of 2. Zetas are becoming a real problem for me.

The OP literally has no question and no desire for anything other than to complain....can this thread just be closed? It's clearly completely worthless
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    You’ve been rank 1 in arena for 3 years, netting 500 crystals per day all the while spending over $3,000 on the game and you’re under 4M gp? Interesting.

If you’re getting between ranks 21-50 in ships then you’re adding one zeta every 30.7 days just from the currency you earn from ships and nothing else. It obviously goes faster if you win GA and TW consistently and the extra ones from challenges. That equates to 11.8 in a year.

The person getting first every day can buy enough to zeta every 22.2 days which equates to 16 each year.

But you’re right. Don’t worry about ships.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Get your calculator out. 500 ships mats a day, is 80 days for a zeta. That’s the difference. Don’t come at people with a comment when you don’t have the brain capacity to get the figures right. Good day.
    Ultra wrote: »
    My bad I looked at top 10 since that is where I’m currently placed— you are missing out on 2 full zetas

So you’re rude, and have no argument.

Discussion can be closed, and Kyno and Ultra you’re right.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm just going to say this right here then I'm done. The difference between 1st and 50th in fleet is 350 crystals. That is 127,750 crystals in a year....I call that a big deal.
    Post edited by Kokie on
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Zetas are becoming a real problem for me.
    I think this right here sums the thread up perfectly.

Yes, OP, Zeta is a real problem for you given that your major sources for Zeta mats are TW, Events, Weekly challenges and soon to be GAC

But there is another venue that you don't want to explore (ships) so I don't understand the point of this thread. There is nothing to discuss other than you are complaining about your slow rate of zeta inflow. Next time, vent out to your guild about these things and bring stuff into the forum if you are willing to discuss rather than hurl insults or act condescending

The developers have stated last month in a Q&A that they are happy with the zeta flow in the game and have no plans on changing that by making them purchasable

They couldn't have been too happy with it since they just announced guaranteed drops for zetas in challenges, which I'm glad they went the route of instead of paid packs.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Yes, OP, Zeta is a real problem for you given that your major sources for Zeta mats are TW, Events, Weekly challenges and soon to be GAC

But there is another venue that you don't want to explore (ships) so I don't understand the point of this thread. There is nothing to discuss other than you are complaining about your slow rate of zeta inflow. Next time, vent out to your guild about these things and bring stuff into the forum if you are willing to discuss rather than hurl insults or act condescending

The developers have stated last month in a Q&A that they are happy with the zeta flow in the game and have no plans on changing that by making them purchasable

They couldn't have been too happy with it since they just announced guaranteed drops for zetas in challenges, which I'm glad they went the route of instead of paid packs.

Since we don't know how each outcome will be weighted, we can't assume we will net more zeta mats overall. Just that it will "feel" like more with the 0 possibility off the table.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Since we don't know how each outcome will be weighted, we can't assume we will net more zeta mats overall. Just that it will "feel" like more with the 0 possibility off the table.

But people have tracked it before on reddit. One study showed an average of just over 1 zeta per day (total, from both attempts at the challenges) and the other showed a weighting of 40% / 50% / 10% chance for getting 0 / 1 / 2 zetas.

So we can assume that we will get more.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

But people have tracked it before on reddit. One study showed an average of just over 1 zeta per day (total, from both attempts at the challenges) and the other showed a weighting of 40% / 50% / 10% chance for getting 0 / 1 / 2 zetas.

We supposedly got just over one. What do you suppose we will get now?

2? I think a guaranteed one every time means we’ll get 2 each day the challenge is active.

Do you think we’ll get something different?

It'll definitely be a net gain for me as I'll be increasing from an average of less than 8 per month from challenges to 24 per month.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited June 2019

2? I think a guaranteed one every time means we’ll get 2 each day the challenge is active.

I see... you meant 1 per day, not one per draw? Then if those stats were correct we might see an increase.

Reread your post, and I see you did say per day.

I see... you meant 1 per day, not one per draw? Then if those stats were correct we might see an increase.

Reread your post, and I see you did say per day.
    Yeah, tough one to word clearly. The 2 data sets were big enough the be relevant, but maybe not big enough to be definitive.

Either way, the drop rate was definitely less than 2 a day, so zetaing toons will speed up (assuming you’ve got the omegas to spare!)
  • You’re completely missing the point aren’t you? I would rather pay for difference in crystals than play ships, that’s not my concern.

My argument is the drop rates of zeta during double drops.

Some are getting 4-8 per day. I’ve had 0 for nearly a month. It’s not an area I can catch up in, it’s over a year of finishing first to catch up with somebody’s drops from just one day.

If none of you can see the issue with that then fair enough, you play with your rose tinted glasses on.
    Kokie wrote: »
    I'm just going to say this right here then I'm done. The difference between 1st and 50th in fleet is 350 crystals. That is 127,750 crystals in a year....I call that a big deal.

• 0 again, safe to say I take back my earlier message if I don’t mind buying crystals as oppose to 4th in fleet (highest ship shard chat would let me finish) because I won’t spend another penny on this game. 3-4 weeks since a zeta dropped. Pathetic.

rlyvo7q967zo.png
    o4er1mzz86pgk.png
  • I took a 7 month break from the game, plus I deliberately keep my GP low.
    sying wrote: »
    You’ve been rank 1 in arena for 3 years, netting 500 crystals per day all the while spending over $3,000 on the game and you’re under 4M gp? Interesting.

If you’re getting between ranks 21-50 in ships then you’re adding one zeta every 30.7 days just from the currency you earn from ships and nothing else. It obviously goes faster if you win GA and TW consistently and the extra ones from challenges. That equates to 11.8 in a year.

The person getting first every day can buy enough to zeta every 22.2 days which equates to 16 each year.

But you’re right. Don’t worry about ships.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    I agree about fleet. I don't enjoy fleet so it's not worth it for me to compete for top ranks daily.
    top50 vs #1 isn't a night and day difference in terms of zetas. The extra crystal income would have been nice though, but it is what it is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 3 double drop zeta challenges and I earned a big old 0, that is some **** but what are you going to do
  • 0 again, safe to say I take back my earlier message if I don’t mind buying crystals as oppose to 4th in fleet (highest ship shard chat would let me finish) because I won’t spend another penny on this game. 3-4 weeks since a zeta dropped. Pathetic.

rlyvo7q967zo.png
    o4er1mzz86pgk.png

You Really don't know how RnG works do you?

They've stated many many times before that they don't and can't play with the drop rates. If you choose to believe they're lying that's on you, but they're not. Your sample size is still very small - statistically. So unless you were to go 40+ challenges and still gotten nothing your experience still falls Well Within common results. 40% chance every time to receive nothing? You are getting unlucky.

I used to play a game with 20 sided die......there were days where I'd roll 1s constantly, as in a dozen times in 30 rolls. That's Extremely unlikely, but I also knew that some nights i didn't roll less than an 11 all night. That's also unlikely. Odds can really screw you over and play with your head, but it's just that - you're getting unlucky. That's just how it works.
  • Nonsense, 3 challenge days per week, 2 each day, over a month. 24,that’s almost like flipping heads on a coin 24 times in a row.
    0 again, safe to say I take back my earlier message if I don’t mind buying crystals as oppose to 4th in fleet (highest ship shard chat would let me finish) because I won’t spend another penny on this game. 3-4 weeks since a zeta dropped. Pathetic.

rlyvo7q967zo.png
    o4er1mzz86pgk.png

You Really don't know how RnG works do you?

They've stated many many times before that they don't and can't play with the drop rates. If you choose to believe they're lying that's on you, but they're not. Your sample size is still very small - statistically. So unless you were to go 40+ challenges and still gotten nothing your experience still falls Well Within common results. 40% chance every time to receive nothing? You are getting unlucky.

I used to play a game with 20 sided die......there were days where I'd roll 1s constantly, as in a dozen times in 30 rolls. That's Extremely unlikely, but I also knew that some nights i didn't roll less than an 11 all night. That's also unlikely. Odds can really screw you over and play with your head, but it's just that - you're getting unlucky. That's just how it works.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You’re completely missing the point aren’t you? I would rather pay for difference in crystals than play ships, that’s not my concern.

Some are getting 4-8 per day. I’ve had 0 for nearly a month. It’s not an area I can catch up in, it’s over a year of finishing first to catch up with somebody’s drops from just one day.

If none of you can see the issue with that then fair enough, you play with your rose tinted glasses on.

The problem is more that you are missing the point, challenges are meant to be a supplement income, not the primary source. They are random and will be random until the upcoming change. You cant rely on a random income.

You are dismissing everyone that is suggesting you follow a path that raises the known income because your upset about double drops. This isnt a zeta problem, because you can increase your income and are choosing not to. You have a problem with RNG, it helps to be more open about the issue at the onset to have a more fruitful discussion.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    9aZgOEe.png
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno wrote: »
    You’re completely missing the point aren’t you? I would rather pay for difference in crystals than play ships, that’s not my concern.

The problem is more that you are missing the point, challenges are meant to be a supplement income, not the primary source. They are random and will be random until the upcoming change. You cant rely on a random income.

You are dismissing everyone that is suggesting you follow a path that raises the known income because your upset about double drops. This isnt a zeta problem, because you can increase your income and are choosing not to. You have a problem with RNG, it helps to be more open about the issue at the onset to have a more fruitful discussion.

Regardless of this guy's ability to manage resources, CG's timing on 'fixing' zeta challenge drops combined with double drops replacing no-GA June leaves a bad taste. 0 X 2 = 0 ....

It especially leaves a bad taste when CG_Carrie states on 6/7 'at least give everbody one' when referring to zeta challenge drops. If CH knows it's a problem, fix it at the right time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    HPJedi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Regardless of this guy's ability to manage resources, CG's timing on 'fixing' zeta challenge drops combined with double drops replacing no-GA June leaves a bad taste. 0 X 2 = 0 ....

It especially leaves a bad taste when CG_Carrie states on 6/7 'at least give everbody one' when referring to zeta challenge drops. If CH knows it's a problem, fix it at the right time.

What is the right time?

Are they never going to run double drops again?

Maybe you are just reading into it too much, but that would mean they are not evil geniuses who plan everything to a tee......

What is the right time?

Maybe you are just reading into it too much, but that would mean they are not evil geniuses who plan everything to a tee......

Before the double drop event...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

What is the right time?

Before the double drop event...

Why? Are they never running double drops again?

How do we know this was full vetted before double drops were put in place? Not everything is that cut and dry.

What is the right time?

When they acknowledged the issue, or shortly after. It has been a complaint for as long as the challenge existed. It took them too long to acknowledged the issue and should be fixed by a simple code change. I cannot say how they coded this game, but it is very simple to set say zeta_count = 1 instead of calling a function that uses RNG algorithms like Random.next(), math.random(), or whatever langue the wrote this game in.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    When will this torrent of complaints end?! Nobody ever wants to talk about their good drops. Just the few times they got a zero. I only got 4 million in the credit heist today. Big deal, I've gotten 10 million before on a few occasions.