13Next

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    HPJedi wrote: »
    You’re completely missing the point aren’t you? I would rather pay for difference in crystals than play ships, that’s not my concern.

My argument is the drop rates of zeta during double drops.

Some are getting 4-8 per day. I’ve had 0 for nearly a month. It’s not an area I can catch up in, it’s over a year of finishing first to catch up with somebody’s drops from just one day.

If none of you can see the issue with that then fair enough, you play with your rose tinted glasses on.
    Kokie wrote: »
    I'm just going to say this right here then I'm done. The difference between 1st and 50th in fleet is 350 crystals. That is 127,750 crystals in a year....I call that a big deal.

The problem is more that you are missing the point, challenges are meant to be a supplement income, not the primary source. They are random and will be random until the upcoming change. You cant rely on a random income.

You are dismissing everyone that is suggesting you follow a path that raises the known income because your upset about double drops. This isnt a zeta problem, because you can increase your income and are choosing not to. You have a problem with RNG, it helps to be more open about the issue at the onset to have a more fruitful discussion.

Regardless of this guy's ability to manage resources, CG's timing on 'fixing' zeta challenge drops combined with double drops replacing no-GA June leaves a bad taste. 0 X 2 = 0 ....

It especially leaves a bad taste when CG_Carrie states on 6/7 'at least give everbody one' when referring to zeta challenge drops. If CH knows it's a problem, fix it at the right time.

What is the right time?

Are they never going to run double drops again?

Maybe you are just reading into it too much, but that would mean they are not evil geniuses who plan everything to a tee......

Before the double drop event...

Why? Are they never running double drops again?

How do we know this was full vetted before double drops were put in place? Not everything is that cut and dry.

You asked a question. It was answered.

Implementing the zeta fix prior to the double drop, to account for lack of GA, would have been the right time to do it. CG dropped the ball.

They should provide compensation.
  • Options
    You’ve been on this thread sticking up for a broken system but you still don’t get the point do you? So see yourself put mate.

There was no GA all month, there’s been less TB, our compensation was double drops, but double 0 is nothing. So it’s a stupid idea and stupid system. Some people have gained 20+ mats in this time then myself and some others have had absolutely zero. If you seriously think that’s fair then you’re more deluded than you come across.
    You’re completely missing the point aren’t you? I would rather pay for difference in crystals than play ships, that’s not my concern.

Some are getting 4-8 per day. I’ve had 0 for nearly a month. It’s not an area I can catch up in, it’s over a year of finishing first to catch up with somebody’s drops from just one day.

If none of you can see the issue with that then fair enough, you play with your rose tinted glasses on.
    I'm just going to say this right here then I'm done. The difference between 1st and 50th in fleet is 350 crystals. That is 127,750 crystals in a year....I call that a big deal.

The problem is more that you are missing the point, challenges are meant to be a supplement income, not the primary source. They are random and will be random until the upcoming change. You cant rely on a random income.

You are dismissing everyone that is suggesting you follow a path that raises the known income because your upset about double drops. This isnt a zeta problem, because you can increase your income and are choosing not to. You have a problem with RNG, it helps to be more open about the issue at the onset to have a more fruitful discussion.

• Options
    Finally someone gets my point! All those who have had a flat 0 should get compensation.

Regardless of this guy's ability to manage resources, CG's timing on 'fixing' zeta challenge drops combined with double drops replacing no-GA June leaves a bad taste. 0 X 2 = 0 ....

It especially leaves a bad taste when CG_Carrie states on 6/7 'at least give everbody one' when referring to zeta challenge drops. If CH knows it's a problem, fix it at the right time.

What is the right time?

Maybe you are just reading into it too much, but that would mean they are not evil geniuses who plan everything to a tee......

How do we know this was full vetted before double drops were put in place? Not everything is that cut and dry.

Implementing the zeta fix prior to the double drop, to account for lack of GA, would have been the right time to do it. CG dropped the ball.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    vilos122 wrote: »

What is the right time?

When they acknowledged the issue, or shortly after. It has been a complaint for as long as the challenge existed. It took them too long to acknowledged the issue and should be fixed by a simple code change. I cannot say how they coded this game, but it is very simple to set say zeta_count = 1 instead of calling a function that uses RNG algorithms like Random.next(), math.random(), or whatever langue the wrote this game in.

Mathematically the drop rate was what they wanted it to be, no matter the feel.

They are changing the feel and drop rate with one change, and I can almost guarantee this change stemmed from them wanting to change the drop rate and the bonus is the changing the feel.

Changes like this run through analysis, acknowledging there is an issue is only the start of that investigation and analysis. What you consider shortly after and what is prudent for them may be 2 different things. If they implemented a change without the proper analysis they may end up devaluing the item, or end up in a situation where they would need to decrease the drop rate. Nine of us want that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    So basically this entire thread is just another "i got unlucky, please give me more for free"
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @Rosstheboss89 how was there less TB this month?

Also, when quoting, any chance you could put the quote first like everyone else does?
  • Options
    Don’t know how the forum works with quoting etc. I tried take some out and messed it up before.

My bad if TW has been as normal, seems like we haven’t done any in a long while.
    @Rosstheboss89 how was there less TB this month?

Also, when quoting, any chance you could put the quote first like everyone else does?

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    So basically this entire thread is just another "i got unlucky, please give me more for free"

Nope. When they removed GA for the month, we were supposed to receive compensation. Double drops was the wrong way to do it, as evidenced by some folks getting 0 zetas during this period.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

What is the right time?

Why would they need to account for the lack of GA, they never stated they were going to give 1:1 the rewards we missed, if they were they would have just dropped it in our in boxes. (Which I 1000% agree should have been the way to do this, double drops are not a good way to make up for a lost event.)

The challenge rewards change has nothing to do with the missed GA, at all. They didnt drop anything.

Having the desire for it to be a certain way, and them not doing it that way, doesnt make them at fault for anything.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Replace "thread" with "forum" and you're on to something.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Nope. When they removed GA for the month, we were supposed to receive compensation. Double drops was the wrong way to do it, as evidenced by some folks getting 0 zetas during this period.

Why do you say "nope" when you're saying exactly the same thing i'm saying but with different words?
  • Options
    Zetas are a problem. I am sitting on eight full zetas and I don't know where to put them.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Zetas are a problem. I am sitting on eight full zetas and I don't know where to put them.

Oh with a post like that I'm sure there will be several people here that will be happy to tell you exactly where to put them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Oh with a post like that I'm sure there will be several people here that will be happy to tell you exactly where to put them.

Stick em on the dark side of the moon? (a place where the sun doesn't shine)
  • Preto
    56 posts Member
    Options
    You’ve been on this thread sticking up for a broken system but you still don’t get the point do you? So see yourself put mate.

"An intelligent person will never be mean. Malice is born out of frustration, inferiority and stupidity."

Being unhappy about the devs & system doesn't give you the right to treat other players with a condescending attitude; it doesn't make you come across smarter... quite the opposite.

On topic: I got 2 zeta and 2 omega out of the 3 dd days... better than nothing...
  • Options

Oops, my bad, I only have seven. However I popped four mats yesterday and two today.
    151 zeta mats
    235 omega mats.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    0 again, safe to say I take back my earlier message if I don’t mind buying crystals as oppose to 4th in fleet (highest ship shard chat would let me finish) because I won’t spend another penny on this game. 3-4 weeks since a zeta dropped. Pathetic.

rlyvo7q967zo.png
    o4er1mzz86pgk.png

That does not look like tier 4 of the challenge...
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Since T4 is the only one that awards ship omgeas, that's clearly what it is.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Since T4 is the only one that awards ship omgeas, that's clearly what it is.

Oh, well I guess I’m wrong. Oh well, time to go fix my eyes
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Work on your fleets

You’re not wrong, of course the game provides plenty of guaranteed zetas in the ideal situation. But how many servers do you think there are? How many top 5s? How many people do you think there are in this entire game that meet what you apparently believe to be the standard/intended zeta farm?

I’m not even complaining about the zeta acquisition rate here, it’s just dumb to tell everyone the same solution when that solution is only available to a minuscule percentage of active players.
  • Options

What is the right time?

Why would they need to account for the lack of GA, they never stated they were going to give 1:1 the rewards we missed, if they were they would have just dropped it in our in boxes. (Which I 1000% agree should have been the way to do this, double drops are not a good way to make up for a lost event.)

The challenge rewards change has nothing to do with the missed GA, at all. They didnt drop anything.

Having the desire for it to be a certain way, and them not doing it that way, doesnt make them at fault for anything.

Q: 'Why would they account for the lack of GA?'

A: Because they said they would provide compensation.

Regarding zeta drops, it's funny that CG_Carrie expressed the same desire, and was not even sure 0 zeta drops were still even possible.

Glad to hear you agree they mishandled the GA comp. The Challenge fix is relevant simply from a timing perspective.

I'm looking at possible scenarios from a customer experience. As CG, would you rather have folks unhappy about 0 zetas from challenges and GA over the course of a week, or provide them with 12 over that same period with drouble drops and a guaranteed zeta drop? I would rather delight my customer base by building trust and showing them that you empathize with the growing zeta crunch. In that sense, they dropped the ball.

It is still completely in their power to drop stuff in our inbox, so that's why I'm here.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

What is the right time?

Regarding zeta drops, it's funny that CG_Carrie expressed the same desire, and was not even sure 0 zeta drops were still even possible.

Glad to hear you agree they mishandled the GA comp. The Challenge fix is relevant simply from a timing perspective.

I'm looking at possible scenarios from a customer experience. As CG, would you rather have folks unhappy about 0 zetas from challenges and GA over the course of a week, or provide them with 12 over that same period with drouble drops and a guaranteed zeta drop? I would rather delight my customer base by building trust and showing them that you empathize with the growing zeta crunch. In that sense, they dropped the ball.

It is still completely in their power to drop stuff in our inbox, so that's why I'm here.

They said they would offset, and clearly stated it would not be a 1:1.

Changes like this dont have to line up to delight your customer base. I see many that are delighted about this change, and as I said earlier, there could be real world reasons they couldn't/didnt want to rush this. Unfortunately not everything the players want and the devs want to give happen on the timeline we all want, that doesn't mean they dont want it to, but it just doesnt line up that way, no matter how much everyone wants that.
  • Options
    Work on your fleets

You’re not wrong, of course the game provides plenty of guaranteed zetas in the ideal situation. But how many servers do you think there are? How many top 5s? How many people do you think there are in this entire game that meet what you apparently believe to be the standard/intended zeta farm?

I’m not even complaining about the zeta acquisition rate here, it’s just dumb to tell everyone the same solution when that solution is only available to a minuscule percentage of active players.

That’s sort of what shard chats are supposed to try and help if done properly and respectfully. Open up 1-5 or 1-10 to as many people as possible.
  • Options
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Work on your fleets

That’s sort of what shard chats are supposed to try and help if done properly and respectfully. Open up 1-5 or 1-10 to as many people as possible.

Even if you opened up the top 1-10 to the top 100 it would still be a minuscule portion of the population.
  • Options

What is the right time?

Changes like this dont have to line up to delight your customer base. I see many that are delighted about this change, and as I said earlier, there could be real world reasons they couldn't/didnt want to rush this. Unfortunately not everything the players want and the devs want to give happen on the timeline we all want, that doesn't mean they dont want it to, but it just doesnt line up that way, no matter how much everyone wants that.

If changes aren't made to delight your customer base, what is the point?

Again, I'm putting this out as a request for real compensation.

Thanks CG!

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options

What is the right time?

If changes aren't made to delight your customer base, what is the point?

Again, I'm putting this out as a request for real compensation.

Thanks CG!

CG changing zeta challenges to a guaranteed one per attempt isn't compensation enough? On future double drop days that's 4 zetas in your pocket. Yes, I suspect some may counter "why didn't they do it for this go around" and I cannot say why this was their choice. They also could have said "the new TB is your compensation" and left it at that.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    double drops were just a good will gesture, nothing more nothing less.
    Sucks if you had bad drops, but awesome if you had good drops. Overall most players benefitted from double drops. Especially the ones still farming for DRevan. Would GA rewards have been preferable? For some, for others not so much. It is what it is..
    The notion that we "deserve" or that they "owe us" compensation is just nonsense imo.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Yep
    double drops were just a good will gesture, nothing more nothing less.
    Sucks if you had bad drops, but awesome if you had good drops. Overall most players benefitted from double drops. Especially the ones still farming for DRevan. Would GA rewards have been preferable? For some, for others not so much. It is what it is..
    The notion that we "deserve" or that they "owe us" compensation is just nonsense imo.

I agree 100%. I would have been happy with the Chewie shards they promised us 3 years ago. I’m not holding my breath on those and I’m not holding my breath on any other sort of compensation we are “owed”