Another FTP arena end game thread

Yes, I've read all the threads, but I'm level 50 and there are path dependency issues. So here's what I got and here are my questions:

The squad will be built around luminara (currently 4*, 5* tomorrow) and Sid (currently 5*) and, for the time being, GW and Arena shipments will go to them.

Rounding out the team for the moment: chewy, dooku, consular, all 4*. The first two at least, and maybe all three, will need to be replaced.

But until I'm done starring Sid and luminara, the only source of new heroes is cantina shipments and cantina shards.

Shipments - almost done with old daka. Was probably a mistake, but it's done. I'm not planning on using her for arena, but she will help with dark side progression and GW. But who next? I had settled on fives (and already have him at 20/50) but am now considering boba fett, Ahsoka and even Poe Dameron. Which one (taking into account squad synergies)?

Shards - I'm half way to getting Luke. Is he end game arena viable? If not, what's the alternative.

That's 4 of 5. Those guys replace chewy and dooku I guess. Absent Bronzium luck, I guess consular sticks around for a bit. But, realizing that it will be a while until the first 4 are 7*, and that those 4 will take up the 4 primary shard resources in the mean time, which hero should eventually round out my team?

Note that I'm doing okay as it is - was 17 yesterday - but I'd like to stay in the top 20 at end game if possible.

Replies

• I have almost the same stuff as you. Though I am at lvl49 So still a but behind. I got boba from a bronzium pack and hè is ok. But he is tank without taunt, So the opponent can simple ignore him. Though his aoe is decent. From what I read in another post poe is complete ****.
  • Thanks. Couple of thoughts: first, I've read the same about Poe so he's out. Secondly, I'm not concerned about the lack of a taunt. In high end pvp I think it's a luxury - nice to have but not essential, and the heroes with one are otherwise lackluster.

Would be especially interested on knowledgable opinions about Luke.
  • I have Luke at 5*, maxed gear, Level 55. He is easily one of my best characters and hits/crits super strong (using Sid as Leader). I also use Resistance Pilot too, so that might make me a little different. Strong single target damage dealers with good crits and/or stuns is my MO.
  • Thanks. Luke it is then, absent convincing counter arguments. :)

I'm starting to think that, for squad synergy purposes, boba fett or Ahsoka may be better calls than fives. Which kind of stinks from a deferred gratification perspective - fives would take me less time than the alternatives.
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm in the same boat as you but just started a few days ago. Glad to hear Luke seems decent because I've been investing all my Catina energy into him. I also ended up getting a daka 4* from bronzium and got the week gems things so I'm gunna try my luck on a chromium pack then play the normal f2p life. Why do you regret daka? I'm On the fence of going for boba and Wh en life give you lemons use it for ds progression. But I also would like to take the opportunity to run away with daka because I got into a new server and people are just reaching 40 now (I'm 35)
  • Well daka from what I read is not good for end game arena so she is a detour from that goal. Yes she helps with progression but I'm doing well at that without her.

Not a huge deal in the long run if I keep playing. And she will help with GW. I was doing great there - 5 straight clears - but got hammered in the 4th to the last battle today. Won it but didn't have enough left for the next battle. A shame that getting 9/12 GW only gets you 15/30 shipment shards. :(
  • Belg wrote: »
    I have Luke at 5*, maxed gear, Level 55. He is easily one of my best characters and hits/crits super strong (using Sid as Leader). I also use Resistance Pilot too, so that might make me a little different. Strong single target damage dealers with good crits and/or stuns is my MO.

I don't think resistance pilot/trooper is really viable anymore since he got this nerf on his special. It does around 60% less damage now