Maximum amount of potency?

Boros
507 posts Member
Hey what's the cap on potency? I'm trying to get my tarkin to be super tanky and do lots of damage (insert flex seal joke here pls) with the ultimate firepower, I got him to 66% but I know it can go up to 100%, what mod should I look for?
udfs9du8o0jf.jpg
Cross is 24% potency and the arrow is 6.5% potency

Replies

• Don't actually believe there is a cap. You can go above 100% on both potency and tenacity
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Don't actually believe there is a cap. You can go above 100% on both potency and tenacity

Do you know what's the best base potency secondary is? Like speed is 5 so what is it for the potency
  • Boros wrote: »
    Don't actually believe there is a cap. You can go above 100% on both potency and tenacity

Do you know what's the best base potency secondary is? Like speed is 5 so what is it for the potency

Not sure on that one. It is possible to get above 10% potency on a secondary if you get all 5 rolls on the potency stat and upgrade to 6E*. Max on the primary is 35% at 6E* on a cross if I'm not mistaking.
  • ojvh4uekpi0c.png
    As seen with my gmt, there is not a limit to potency, or any stat... It all depends on how high you can get the character. Just gear them up a bit higher
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Boros wrote: »

Not sure on that one. It is possible to get above 10% potency on a secondary if you get all 5 rolls on the potency stat and upgrade to 6E*. Max on the primary is 35% at 6E* on a cross if I'm not mistaking.

Potency primaries on a 6E are 30%. The highest non-upgraded potency secondary I found was 2.25%. My best potency secondary on a 5A mod that rolled four times is 7.3%.

I'd guess you could get to maybe 12-14% on a 6E mod that rolled 5 times. My highest potency secondary overall is 8.19 on a 6E that only rolled 3 times.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

Potency primaries on a 6E are 30%. The highest non-upgraded potency secondary I found was 2.25%. My best potency secondary on a 5A mod that rolled four times is 7.3%.

I'd guess you could get to maybe 12-14% on a 6E mod that rolled 5 times. My highest potency secondary overall is 8.19 on a 6E that only rolled 3 times.

Highest I got also is 2.25% so that might be it, so I guess it's possible but would take forever to find the perfect selection, rather focus on speed I guess. Thanks for info
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    ojvh4uekpi0c.png
    As seen with my gmt, there is not a limit to potency, or any stat... It all depends on how high you can get the character. Just gear them up a bit higher

So gear 12 will give more potency to tarkin? I'm just gearing him now at 8 right now
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Base x86 its probably 255% is my guess
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »

Wait how you got that number?
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »

Wait how you got that number?

He thoughts the length of the variable is 1 byte (8 bit). Decimal values of 1 unsigned byte range from 0 to 255.

It is a guess at most. And not a very good one as potency can have not while numbers that cannot be stored in a 1 byte variable. Besides porency stacking feom his basic or z would mean that a type cast would be necessary to do the add up.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    The highest non-upgraded potency secondary I found was 2.25%.

This.

5* Max Single Level Stat is 2.25%

FYI.

That is also the Max 5* for Tenacity & Crit Chance.

All 3 have the same % cap per level on Mods.
  • I have my MT above 100% potency. Not your title but my Range is above 100% tenacity.
    fps8dishp3no.png
  • This is something that can be calculated, but I think you may be thinking from mods and gear for a particular character at G12, soon to be G13...

• Boros wrote: »
    Hey what's the cap on potency? I'm trying to get my tarkin to be super tanky and do lots of damage (insert flex seal joke here pls) with the ultimate firepower, I got him to 66% but I know it can go up to 100%, what mod should I look for?
    udfs9du8o0jf.jpg
    Cross is 24% potency and the arrow is 6.5% potency

You probably don't want to sacrifice that much speed though. Tarkin's crit chance down being cast fast is really beneficial for preventing damage to your team. Not just him. EP is squishy too.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    jx7ofd9pc7zt.png
    pzc5chxley7f.png
    I got 100+ potency . I also tried for speed , offence and flat defense aswell