Why isn't scavenger Rey any good for sith raid?

I'm currently working on resistance trooper because I heard he was very effective in sith raid but when I asked recently about using him to replace finn I was told to replace Rey instead. Why is she not any good? Finn was downgraded pretty badly since his lead rework and as a tank I'd assume his damage isn't all that great compared to Rey who was once considered to be a glass cannon. What am I overlooking?

Replies

• Ikaros
    15 posts Member
    Don't assume Finn's damage is bad. Since his attacks now scale based on how many times they hit the same enemy, he can easily deal 150k+ per shot when using takedown not to mention he has a team wide heal, which is something resistance teams sorely lack. The only thing Scav Rey brings is damage, and even then Finn does just as well if not better
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    She *is* good for the sith raid, she's just not the best option anymore.

The best p1 team currently is: RJT BB8 R2 C-3PO Finn.

If you don't have all of those pieces, you mix and match as needed. RJT and BB8 are the only truly mandatory ones. Before the Finn nerf you used RT instead, because of tm gains, and before C-3 you would use Stick Rey if you didn't need a healer. You can also use Traya or Visas for survivability and consistency. Traya will lower your damage ceiling quite a bit though.
  • From what I've heard, Finn post-rework has a lot of ramping damage, so he can hit really hard toward the end in longer engagements, such as the raids. I'm not sure it's that Rey is bad as much as that Finn is much better than he used to be, in this instance.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    She's not necessarily bad, you just need to remember to avoid using her second special against Nihilus. The multi hits ramp up his speed very quickly.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Finn rework means his ramping damage outdoes Scav. And he brings a heal.

Scav isn't bad, just outclassed. Her four hit special can mean a lot of speed and tm to the target as well
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I'm currently working on resistance trooper because I heard he was very effective in sith raid but when I asked recently about using him to replace finn I was told to replace Rey instead. Why is she not any good? Finn was downgraded pretty badly since his lead rework and as a tank I'd assume his damage isn't all that great compared to Rey who was once considered to be a glass cannon. What am I overlooking?

I still use Rey and I'm in a top 5 guild where my guild mates put up 30 million sometimes. She's still a great damage dealer and an all around great toon. Yes there are better options now but I am more comfortable using her and I can manage a solid 10% of P1 using Jedi Rey, Scav Rey, Resistance Trooper, R2 and BB8. Play around with team comps and use one you like, doesn't have to be the best.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »

A well geared and modded Finn hits for over 200k each attack. That is why he is better than Scav Rey.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »

A well geared and modded Finn hits for over 200k each attack. That is why he is better than Scav Rey.

To be fair to all, that is with g12+ and modded correctly for offense and potency. But yes, 200k is pretty standard.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I can do around 175k modded at G11.

EDIT: Potency?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yeah, others have covered it... It's not that she is bad, it's just that she's no longer the best option. Her raw damage output is outstanding, but with Finn's rework, his special's damage can ramp to +500%, so after a while you can start hitting those 200k dmg hits, which can be spammed since it's only a 2 turn CD. Aside from damage, his other special is a heal, so you don't have to just rely on health steal to stay alive. She's also not as good as trooper(for the raid) because trooper's unique lets him gain 55% TM every time someone gets exposed. He doesn't hit nearly as hard as scav Rey, but he goes way more often.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I still use RT. It does 6 or 7 million, which is still top for p1 in ours. He crits around 40 to 60ishK. Marginally lower than Finn, but exponentially faster from tm gains non speed related.

I think it is all in the mods. If you slack speed mods for finn, then RT may be your better option as scaling offense is less rng dependant than slicing for speed due to the primaries.
  • See this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xADJw_yAr2g

E que Deus nos de paciência, pois se ele nos der a força, nos tornaremos Sith
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    TVF wrote: »

EDIT: Potency?

Maybe to make sure expose sticks on his attacks? Or because it increases the chance of multiple stacks of expose (one from Rey’s leader ability, one from his special)? I’m not sure why they focus in O and potency.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Expose under JTR requires zero potency. It requires a crit and passing the 70% chance test, then it can't be resisted.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Expose under JTR requires zero potency. It requires a crit and passing the 70% chance test, then it can't be resisted.

Yes, but Takedown also has a separate chance to inflict Expose. So, with enough Potency it could potentially inflict 2 stacks on Nihilus. I regularly get 2 stacks out of it in HAAT.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Bigbearxba wrote: »

Yes, but Takedown also has a separate chance to inflict Expose. So, with enough Potency it could potentially inflict 2 stacks on Nihilus. I regularly get 2 stacks out of it in HAAT.

STR bosses have stacking tenacity. Maybe it would make sense in lower tiers, but not worth it in heroic.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited June 2019

STR bosses have stacking tenacity. Maybe it would make sense in lower tiers, but not worth it in heroic.

Part of Nihilus’ stacking tenacity in p1 ends after he takes a turn then starts building again as he takes damage. That’s why it’s always easier to land things like Confuse, or JTR’s Mind Trick debuffs if you get those moves off right after Nihilus attacks and before any of your toons attacks.

But largely I agree with you. After the first few rounds of attacks landing debuffs on Nihilus is very hard and RNG based. I always do a little dance when JTR sticks a speed down late in the fight. I’m just trying to guess as to why he thinks he needs potency.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I know all this. The only reason to run a potency set is if they just happen to be the best two mods (from a primary and secondary standpoint) that fit what he wants already, which is offense and speed. Specifically doing two potency mods for the occasional time where Finn goes first after a DN attack seems wasteful otherwise.

Not to mention confuse or mindtrick don't stack his tenacity since they do no damage.

Not to mention confuse or mindtrick don't stack his tenacity since they do no damage.

Who said they did? I just said it’s easier to stick them after he attacks.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Who said they did? I just said it’s easier to stick them after he attacks.

The point is you can hit him with those debuffs and hit the sides with attacks, in order to stack the debuffs up. Can't do that with Finn.

Really the point is that you're wasting better stats if you're chasing potency.

Really the point is that you're wasting better stats if you're chasing potency.

Yeah, not really sure how we got here since I think we both agree on that lol.