Imperial Probe Droid

Prev1
Has anyone seen if IPD will be farmable with the new TB coming out? Would like to finish it...but not at the expense of Geonesian TB.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Carrie mentioned on Twitter I think (?) that IPD and ROLO would be in the GET2 store. So you may never actually choose to finish it.
  • Bounties.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Ravenclaws wrote: »
    Bounties.

Yep, ROLO and IPD are both options for Galactic Bounty 1. Granted, so is Wampa who is just objectively more valuable, plus the event comes once a month or sometimes less, so I dunno how viable that is as a solution. I feel like most of the folks who already have a 7* Wampa would also already have completed IPD, and vice versa.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Bounties.

Yep, ROLO and IPD are both options for Galactic Bounty 1. Granted, so is Wampa who is just objectively more valuable, plus the event comes once a month or sometimes less, so I dunno how viable that is as a solution. I feel like most of the folks who already have a 7* Wampa would also already have completed IPD, and vice versa.

More like every other month at this point, so averaging 10 shards per month...sounds about right 🙄
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Let's definitely ignore what Liath said so we can complain about GB.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

So we have to give up g13 for IPD. Cool. Cool cool.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    If you're not in a guild that has mostly maxed IPD, chances are that guild isn't going to do all that well in the geo tb. The expectation is that a guild that gets 48* in dstb will get at most 24/33 stars in geo tb. So it might be in that guild's best interest to keep on hoth for a while.
    If you're close, GB1 and a bit of GE2 tokens should finish IPD off, if you're really that interested in getting it to 7*.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Game is about choices. Make one.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019

You gave up g12 stuff for Malak, Hoda and Wampa before

It’s nothing new
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member

If you don't have IPD at 7 stars yet are you really ready for G13?
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

If you don't have IPD at 7 stars yet are you really ready for G13?

Yes. I was an overperformer in an underperforming guild. I enjoyed the family feel of my old guild, which I’ve since left. I have DR and just missed Malak by a hair, have Padme, but don’t have Traya. My IPD is 4 stars 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Galactic Bounties: Am I a joke to you?

Yes, it is. 10 shards every month. I’ll get IPD to 7* in 2+ years from now.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited June 2019

You can keep ignoring this but it doesn't make it less true.
    Liath wrote: »
    Carrie mentioned on Twitter I think (?) that IPD and ROLO would be in the GET2 store. So you may never actually choose to finish it.
  • TVF wrote: »

Not ignoring it, just taking unconfirmed, unofficial twitter replies with a grain of salt. I once also saw on twitter that CG only cares about those of us that spend $5000...is that true too?

I’m going to base any assumptions off of the official information that has been provided to us so far.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    It’s confirmed and official and you misread her tweet about caring only about $5k
  • Ultra wrote: »
    It’s confirmed and official and you misread her tweet about caring only about $5k

Link to the official post?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Or you could just wait and see.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

It is not on the "official forums" but it is straight from the Lead Producers mouth. Of course she or Crumb should have posted it here, but we all know they aren't very good at communication. Just take what you can get when people are on it enough to find these responses elsewhere.
  • Yeah so long as IPD appears in the new store, then I should be good.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

It is not on the "official forums" but it is straight from the Lead Producers mouth. Of course she or Crumb should have posted it here, but we all know they aren't very good at communication. Just take what you can get when people are on it enough to find these responses elsewhere.

Thank you.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Bounties.

Hey, hermit isnt farmable through bounty, any levels.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Bounties.

Dont objectify Wampa, he doesnt like it.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    edited June 2019

Not ignoring it, just taking unconfirmed, unofficial twitter replies with a grain of salt. I once also saw on twitter that CG only cares about those of us that spend $5000...is that true too?

I’m going to base any assumptions off of the official information that has been provided to us so far.

The "grain of salt" phrase never made sense to me. I like salt. Goes with chips, meats, margherita etc... seems like if we take things with grains of salt we are having a party!!!
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Bounties.

Hey, hermit isnt farmable through bounty, any levels.

That’s how you know he’s very important in the future. 😉
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

The "grain of salt" phrase never made sense to me. I like salt. Goes with chips, meats, margherita etc... seems like if we take things with grains of salt we are having a party!!!

Good on avocados too
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Good on avocados too

Nom nom nom!!!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

Good on avocados too

Which is also good with meats, chips and margaritas. This is a party thread!🥳🥑🥑🥑
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    "Have to" and "can choose to" are two different things.

People complain that playing Geonosis TB instead of Hoth TB costs you IPD/ROLO shards. If Liath is correct, then you can use the special reward that comes from running Geonosis TB instead of Hoth TB to get IPD/ROLO shards if you so choose.

This cycle has been the most anybody has cared about ROLO and IPD in a hot minute. They're fairly mediocre units. (Which is not to say bad. Just mediocre. In IPD's case, primarily for want of a home.)

Yes, there is an opportunity cost at play. If you want Gamorrean Guard at seven stars, it comes at the cost of, like, 500 carbantis worth of guild tokens, so most people don't bother. But the choice is there, if you want to collect these nonessential units who don't get you much.
    Still not a he.