Kryotech pieces

2Next

Replies

• cby wrote: »
    would like to know what @jfears2 and @jkray622 (if they are still playing!!!) or any CG apologists think now that we're months down the road and we now know that every character needs 100 buyrotech for G13 which is the gate to relics; and now that we know what relic upgrading requires...

Kyrotech is the new bottleneck for sure, but my original point then was valid. It was a limited resource, and any resource in the game should be expected to be used in the future. Hoarding resources (like kyrotech, finishers, and crystals) provides flexibility, so I dropped 11k crystals the days leading up to GenSky, and I promoted him to g11 within minutes of unlocking. My Kyro levels were low due to promoting characters to g13, so I used crystals to compensate. My hoard is almost completely recovered and I can start promoting more characters to g13 soon.

This is a resource management game. Kyrotech is just a new resource. I *am* still waiting for the promised alleviation of the gear leading up to g12, as we were promised. It'll be nice to not have Stun Guns be so much of a crunch.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    cby wrote: »
    would like to know what @jfears2 and @jkray622 (if they are still playing!!!) or any CG apologists think now that we're months down the road and we now know that every character needs 100 buyrotech for G13 which is the gate to relics; and now that we know what relic upgrading requires...

I dunno who those guys are but I've been accused of being an "apologist" and while I do agree that Kyro kind of sucks, they did give us both the daily bit of salvage and just recently the guaranteed salvage from TW. It's not a ton, but it's not nothing either. If you're doing the "hoard up tons of gear in between arena meta teams" thing (which seems to be what a lot of people do), it probably adds up to a few of each type by the time you actually spend them.

In fairness, this thread was started 5 months ago before most of these positive changes. It **** more then. Less now. I wish some of those changes had come before a bunch or guild and shard mates quit.

In fairness, this thread was bumped by somebody who seemed to be claiming that things have gotten a lot worse since this thread was started.
  • Liath wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I dunno who those guys are but I've been accused of being an "apologist" and while I do agree that Kyro kind of sucks, they did give us both the daily bit of salvage and just recently the guaranteed salvage from TW. It's not a ton, but it's not nothing either. If you're doing the "hoard up tons of gear in between arena meta teams" thing (which seems to be what a lot of people do), it probably adds up to a few of each type by the time you actually spend them.

In fairness, this thread was started 5 months ago before most of these positive changes. It **** more then. Less now. I wish some of those changes had come before a bunch or guild and shard mates quit.

In fairness, this thread was bumped by somebody who seemed to be claiming that things have gotten a lot worse since this thread was started.

The kyrotech crunch is a bottleneck now, but since it's followed by the relic pieces bottleneck it ends up being not that bad. The extra kyrotech from dailies, tw, and TB rewards should go a long way to helping most players.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Band together brother, apologists unite!!!

I do find it interesting that simply stating you like an aspect of the game makes you an apologist.. whatever, I like the game, I'll keep playing it and enjoying it.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    jfears2 wrote: »

I do find it interesting that simply stating you like an aspect of the game makes you an apologist.. whatever, I like the game, I'll keep playing it and enjoying it.

Thank you for reaching out to CGDF Inc. The CGDF is fully staffed at this time, but we've put your application on file in the event that an opening is created in the future.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    jfears2 wrote: »

Thank you for reaching out to CGDF Inc. The CGDF is fully staffed at this time, but we've put your application on file in the event that an opening is created in the future.

CGDF = Capital Games Defense Force?
  • Farming the gear from nodes isn't that bad. It only took a little over a week to get the 200 pieces I needed for DR.

You farmed 200 kyros just from nodes in a week? There’s no dang way, without several refreshes. Please, lend me your drop rate luck because I’ve been farming Padme’s kyros and barely get 30 in a week’s time.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Roughly 20% drop rate (although I think it's been crowdsourced a bit higher).
    1000 sims
    143 sims per day
    1430 energy cost per day
    375 free energy per day
    1055 energy bought per day
    9 refreshes

It's expensive, but doable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You didn't quote anybody, but I'm assuming you're replying to KausDebonair's post directly above yours when you posted this:
    TVF wrote: »
    Roughly 20% drop rate (although I think it's been crowdsourced a bit higher).
    1000 sims
    143 sims per day
    1430 energy cost per day
    375 free energy per day
    1055 energy bought per day
    9 refreshes

It's expensive, but doable.

9 energy refreshes (50+50+50+100+100+200+200+400+400 = 1550 crystals) per day... Does that really qualify as a farm that "isn't that bad" to you? Because, that's what Kaus was questioning.