I thought they said G13 would be an unlock, not a farm!!! what the heck?!

taquillasun
1158 posts Member
edited June 2019
I remember a post saying that the new TB would simply allow for the last piece to be filled. Not that we'd have to farm the new Geo TB for that 1 piece.

The new post sounds like the new Geo TB is the only place where this last piece can be got.

Am I understanding this wrong?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes, I believe you are misunderstanding this.

There are 3 pieces of "new gear" to help close out g12 to get to g13.

All of those pieces should be obtainable from any one of the locations they have stated:
    Where to get Gear 12 Finishers
    There are 3 new exclusive pieces for Gear 12 finishers: Injector Head, Injector Handle, and Injector Cell. The salvages for these pieces will be obtainable through Geonosian Territory Battles rewards and the new currency from Geonosian Territory Battles, Grand Arena Championships Shipments, and farmable via PvE nodes.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205528/gear-12-finishers-overview#latest
  • Thraesh
    30 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    All the info for G12 finishers are in this post https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205528/gear-12-finishers-overview#latest nothing was ever said you would just flat out obtain a final piece to fill the last G12 slot
    Post edited by Thraesh on
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I remember a post saying that the new TB would simply allow for the last piece to be filled. Not that we'd have to farm the new Geo TB for that 1 piece.

The new post sounds like the new Geo TB is the only place where this last piece can be got.

Am I understanding this wrong?

Yes, I believe you are. To fill the slot you need to be able to craft the last G12 piece, and the materials to craft that piece can be obtained from the new TB rewards, pve nodes, GAC or the new GET2 shop. Were you under the impression the gear would just be there in all G12 +5 characters without having to obtain it? They did specifically say the final G12 piece would be farmable, they didn't say we were just being given the final G12 piece.
  • Good, because today's - yesterday's post, almost made it sound exclusive. I'm so glad it isn't.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Good, because today's - yesterday's post, almost made it sound exclusive. I'm so glad it isn't.

it's probably gonna be atleast somewhat exclusive, so i'm definately still expecting the worst at this point in time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    Good, because today's - yesterday's post, almost made it sound exclusive. I'm so glad it isn't.

it's probably gonna be atleast somewhat exclusive, so i'm definately still expecting the worst at this point in time.

Literally nothing they have stated shows any level of exclusivity.

The only possible exclusive place would be in the rewards for the TB, but that should only be an additional source of income.

I cannot stress this enough, they seem to be doing this right and regardless of the TB everyone will have access to the gear.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

The only possible exclusive place would be in the rewards for the TB, but that should only be an additional source of income.

I cannot stress this enough, they seem to be doing this right and regardless of the TB everyone will have access to the gear.

Maybe "somewhat exclusive" is poorly phrased, but what i mean is that i don't expect to get toons to g13 at a rapid pace.
    For example the g12 finishers requiring 300 salvages that can only be farmed on hard nodes or something like that. That's just an example to illustrate that having access to the gear doesn't necessarily mean it's not gonna suck if you're not participating in the geo TB.
  • Hey thanks for setting me right all. I'm not too worried. Our guild will be doing new Geo. But - my concern stems from a general health of the game. I misunderstood previous post, then I saw this.

No matter, I figured we'll be able to buy the gear :)
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

Maybe "somewhat exclusive" is poorly phrased, but what i mean is that i don't expect to get toons to g13 at a rapid pace.
    For example the g12 finishers requiring 300 salvages that can only be farmed on hard nodes or something like that. That's just an example to illustrate that having access to the gear doesn't necessarily mean it's not gonna suck if you're not participating in the geo TB.

While I couldn't find a spot where they said the quantity, they have given us the farming locations:
    The salvages for these pieces will be obtainable through Geonosian Territory Battles rewards and the new currency from Geonosian Territory Battles, Grand Arena Championships Shipments, and farmable via PvE nodes.

I guess by "PvE nodes" they mean a single hard or fleet node, a la Kyrotechs. I imagine they can make it suck pretty hard even if you are participating in Geo TB.
  • Hopefully Cantina nodes. We need something more there.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I read that post, i only tried to temper expectations.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I would agree it will be paced, but not exclusive.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Farmable through PVE is going to be games main access.

All they have to do is make loot box high star in Geo TB or just Kyber league in GAC.....

so yeah...it's not exclusive but might cost 200 energy per salvage piece :)

I don't think it will be even near that bad....but it could be since "we dont' know"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Farmable through PVE is going to be games main access.

All they have to do is make loot box high star in Geo TB or just Kyber league in GAC.....

so yeah...it's not exclusive but might cost 200 energy per salvage piece :)

I don't think it will be even near that bad....but it could be since "we dont' know"

They also mention both stores, so GC2 and GAC currency are both on the table. It is not as likely to be for GC1 but yes, right now we dont know.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    I really can't believe EA is about to release it this freely, with no paywalls and other mean tricks. We'll see, but I really can't help prejudice against EA.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I really can't believe EA is about to release it this freely, with no paywalls and other mean tricks. We'll see, but I really can't help prejudice against EA.

Good thing this game is developed by CG then.
    Everything in this game is free. Does that mean you will get it fast, no. Will people who can do better in the new content get it faster, yes. Do some people pay to do better in content, yes.

Why not just enjoy the game at your own pace and let others do what they want. I can assure you none of the are talking about how freely you get things.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

Come now, you should know better than that. CG *is* EA. They aren't some separate entity, they're just a division within EA.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Come now, you should know better than that. CG *is* EA. They aren't some separate entity, they're just a division within EA.

They are a seperate entity ruled by EA. Their team has to answer on almost every level to EA...sure, doesn't mean they have zero autonomity. Some problems we see in the game are a result of CGs mistakes, some smell very much of disruptive acts by higher up.

Either way, here's a little bit of background. They made 2 succesful fb ccgs before being acquired by EA. Those were primitive technicalwise, but people I know from their previous game HODA yearn those very dearly. Then they did HODA for dragon age franchise which is incomparably smaller than SW enthusiasts. And that team was much smaller, some of the core designers of that team got shifted to SWGOH midway as that games overall extent was obvious. No idea how many people we are talking about, but the difference is several folds as made obvious simply by the amount of content and their development speeds.

Lastly, comparatively HODA was much much more p2p, it was almost like a segmentation, f2p had zero chance to reach some content and the amount they can play was very limited. After a while people that played for long either started spending or simply left contracting the community to probably barely profitable levels. It looked like there was about 20k or less active people by the time I left which corresponds to SWGOHs launch. It was a few 100ks at the height of it. I never ever forget how p2p a game can be made while judging swgoh in comparison.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

They are a seperate entity ruled by EA. Their team has to answer on almost every level to EA...sure, doesn't mean they have zero autonomity. Some problems we see in the game are a result of CGs mistakes, some smell very much of disruptive acts by higher up.

You can slice it and dice it however you want. But having to answer to EA makes them EA. If they were a separated entity they wouldn't have to run anything by them.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019

You can slice it and dice it however you want. But having to answer to EA makes them EA. If they were a separated entity they wouldn't have to run anything by them.

You can slice it and dice it however you want, it doesn't. Ofc you can always play the we hate EA because everyone hates EA card too. Then that begs the question why you are still playing this game.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

You can slice it and dice it however you want, it doesn't. Ofc you can always play the we hate EA because everyone hates EA card too. Then that begs the question why you are still playing this game.

I don't hate EA. I just understand that CG *is* EA. Sure, they have their own building, but they are owned completely by EA. It's like how Sam's Club is Walmart. They sell different things on a different model, but they are owned and fully controlled by Walmart.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I don't hate EA. I just understand that CG *is* EA. Sure, they have their own building, but they are owned completely by EA. It's like how Sam's Club is Walmart. They sell different things on a different model, but they are owned and fully controlled by Walmart.

Define -fully controled-. Which one of the ideas/modes in this game is EA's idea for example? What you mean is their monetising model is dictated by EA and that's right.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

Define -fully controled-. Which one of the ideas/modes in this game is EA's idea for example? What you mean is their monetising model is dictated by EA and that's right.

They've said before they can't just take an idea and run with it. Every character and game mode they create has to be cleared with upper management that works at a different building. It's like if I had an idea for our application at work. I may even be the one that codes it, but I can't just add new functionality without asking.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

They've said before they can't just take an idea and run with it. Every character and game mode they create has to be cleared with upper management that works at a different building. It's like if I had an idea for our application at work. I may even be the one that codes it, but I can't just add new functionality without asking.

Yes you described it nicely. Any of their actions prolly takes 2 levels of approval, one based on financial aspect, the other loose lore aspect to Disney. And the brain in all of these cases is CG. Ie they come up with a brand new meta, make it op and release it in a very restricted manner in order to meet whatever financial goals EA is setting for them. Then they get squished between EA and us.

Thinking what takes place as if we are directly addressing EA doesn't lend anyone any understanding in depth, but infinite complaining power it seems xD. If you have demands and there's a smidge of a possibility you'll get them (we got community demands numerous times in the course of the game) it will be directly done by CG (naturally while heeding EAs financial concerns).