Synopsis on Kylo Ren!

2Next

Replies

• I feel with some characters they are trying to make synergies worth while. After I build my first order.....thinking of trying a rebel or empire only team
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Time wrote: »
    Faced 2 kylo rens so far with purple gear. I just ability block him and kill him early his basic attack isnt that strong. Maybe Ive gotten lucky vs him but he doesn't seem to dodge or resist a lot either. He seems good, but all things being equal vader seems to fill his role better.

I think this will be true (vader being a better bet) until you see 5-7* rens.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Even 4 star rens are tougher imo. Vader has a lot of hp but isnt really a major threat imo. Ren can be nasty.

Add to that the unfarmability of vader and he will be frequently displaced
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Even 4 star rens are tougher imo. Vader has a lot of hp but isnt really a major threat imo. Ren can be nasty.

Add to that the unfarmability of vader and he will be frequently displaced

This is obviously a small sample size but ive lost to every vader team ive faced and beaten every kylo team ive faced. Maybe kylo scales better with stars, we will see.
  • Think Vader basically is able to go with any team while ren is a little more specific.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I rarely see vader in pvp on my server. I see ren a lot... already. Some of this is because ren can be bought, but I also know in gw vader is more nuisance than danger. If he is ever farmable, though, look out.

I think the "ren op" threads willl start this weekend. Having all cooldowns recharge sim0ly by being attacked is pretty strong. Especially for a guy with high hp.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • getting the feeling, Kylo Ren is way too strong...considering what a lvl 46-50 Kylo just did to my full team of lvl 52 chars with his AoE attacks...that wasn't normal...Arena fight had a duration of 3 turns total...

Opponent had a lvl 46 IG88 in lead with 15% more crit rate, a lvl 50 Luminara, this Rebel Fighter and Poogle on some lvl in between...
    Me HK47, Luminara, Chewie, IG88 and IG86...all 52...with HK in lead, having 5 stars and grade 7 equip...

4th time in total I lost a fight in arena, but 1st time ever that happened in less than 2 minutes...
    From what I hear / read, seems to be the new default...Kylo is very strong, a much bigger thread than a lvl 60 Sidious with 7 stars...
    Someone claimed, his AoE would have no cooldown, indeed can be used each turn...

Sounds like something, a certain someone just changed for some other char with less pleasant results for so many...
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I rarely see vader in pvp on my server. I see ren a lot... already. Some of this is because ren can be bought, but I also know in gw vader is more nuisance than danger. If he is ever farmable, though, look out.

I think the "ren op" threads willl start this weekend. Having all cooldowns recharge sim0ly by being attacked is pretty strong. Especially for a guy with high hp.

Well i hope they dont nerf him.. It takes the fun out of the game.. Rather let some other characters give some counter abilities to take him on..
  • I bought the $100 Kylo+Phasma pack. Kylo is even more OP with Phasmas turn buffs, and his assist leader ability. Like Dooku better to just not hit him and save him for last. Unlike Dooku Kylo has much more HP second only to my Barriss. I open with his AOE and teams that use AOE against me get countered by Kylo and Dooku. I dont find Outrage as useful as his AOE as with so much HP Kylo hardly ever gets focused fired first. In my opinion what makes him OP is how hard his AOE hits. Just as hard as a auto attack when upraded.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    I bought the $100 Kylo+Phasma pack. Kylo is even more OP with Phasmas turn buffs, and his assist leader ability. Like Dooku better to just not hit him and save him for last. Unlike Dooku Kylo has much more HP second only to my Barriss. I open with his AOE and teams that use AOE against me get countered by Kylo and Dooku. I dont find Outrage as useful as his AOE as with so much HP Kylo hardly ever gets focused fired first. In my opinion what makes him OP is how hard his AOE hits. Just as hard as a auto attack when upraded.

Sounds to me like a all Jedi counter team would wreck him with aoe every turn?
  • Yep. But if thats the case you would be spamming Outrage more than the AOE. Imo hes not that badly OP. His auto does block healing and applies a lowly DoT. He has a lot of HP but he cant sustain dmg that well. Just a support more than attacker. Just leave him alone and focus someome else. Then again my guys are only level 37. Perhaps at the higher levels his aoe dmg goes up. That seems to be the source of all the nerf outcry. his cool down and aoe's.from what i seen so far Lando's aoe for example seems better.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    If you look at his abilities, almost all upgrades are damage. So the longer we have him, the more he will be upgraded and hit harder. That's not to say he is op, but I don't think we can make a final conclusion at this point.
  • He's really amazing if you attack him. But if he uses his AOE and then you leave him alone for a bit he can't do much. His damage is the highest I have access to, but his crit power is rather low. So if you use him with Sidious and people attack him he's a power house. If he's left alone though he doesn't deal too much damage due to his cool downs acting normally and having that low crit power. That being said if you use his third ability and crit with it while wounded it can seriously damage any toon. I've seen it take Barriss to about 1/5 of her life in one hit. Unfortunately though this doesn't happen often due to the low crit power. This does however make him balanced which is what we all wanted to see. All and all he's worth having, and he's fairly easily farmable so I'd definitely recommend using all of your cantina energy on him. I've been able to go up about 20 ranks in arena and am now rank #7. I'm running him with Sidious, Vader, the Jedi Consular, and Luminara. (I have him at 5 stars, level 55 with level 4-5 abilities, and level 7 gear. He's currently at 3395 power and hits from about 1k damage to 4k depending on the skill/circumstance.)
  • Tak wrote: »
    I bought the $100 Kylo+Phasma pack. Kylo is even more OP with Phasmas turn buffs, and his assist leader ability. Like Dooku better to just not hit him and save him for last. Unlike Dooku Kylo has much more HP second only to my Barriss. I open with his AOE and teams that use AOE against me get countered by Kylo and Dooku. I dont find Outrage as useful as his AOE as with so much HP Kylo hardly ever gets focused fired first. In my opinion what makes him OP is how hard his AOE hits. Just as hard as a auto attack when upraded.

Sounds to me like a all Jedi counter team would wreck him with aoe every turn?

Potentially yes, because although he has more health than most sith, He's not Vader like in health. The couple of times I've used him in the Galactic war his health drops very frequently below 50%. If he was focused fired by the AI, he will not last very long. Slightly better than Sidious in terms of survivability but not by a whole lot..

The easiest way I found for dealing with Kylo Ren is to have Sidious and Vader dot him silly and then use vader's culling blade on him. He won't survive it. His counter attack won't hit either Sidious or Vader hard enough to kill them, but may leave a dot and/or healing immunity on your characters.. So you need to watch for that

Overall he is a very versatile character. Which makes him very useful but I wouldn't say he's OP due to the fact he can be taken out quite quickly and with little risk if you have a debuffer in your team.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Fudgement
    60 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    He's like Dooku, you're not suppose to hit him first. Unless you're pretty confident of finishing him in a turn.
  • I love that he's available in cantina - if you're happy to spend 200-300 hundred shards a day or so you should be able to farm him and A LOT of training droids + ability mats in a couple of weeks. I think overall cost will be much lower than the price of purchasing him outright. Also, by the time you get him hopefully a decision will have been on whether he is too OP before you spend all your TDs and AMs on him!!
  • Fought one in GW earlier, similar level and gear to my toons by the looks of things. Definitely not OP, but very solid. Ignoring him seems to be the best approach. Looks like he has some nice stat growth, I was suprised upon seeing his health bar.