Wait 7* isnt good enough?

Prev13
Boros
507 posts Member
So now our characters need to be atlist at 16500 power in order to compete in the especial missions of the new TB?????????
If this isnt artificial difficulty idk what is. Man @CG you make people want to complain non stop recently

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Sith Raid, Legendary events since Chewie, Revan Squared, Malak, Padme, Han Ship etc

This has been going on for some time.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Sith Raid, Legendary events since Chewie, Revan Squared, Malak, Padme, Han Ship etc

No it's new, before you could just play the event or the raid as long as u were 7*, now you have to be at 16500 in order to play it for each character
  • 16500 characters aren’t going to be strong enough anyways. If they are this will all just be a giant waste of time.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Boros wrote: »

No it's new, before you could just play the event or the raid as long as u were 7*, now you have to be at 16500 in order to play it for each character

The method might be new (or just more transparent based on them stating the bottom line outright), but artificial difficulty has been increasing for a long time.

You only get one chance at the special missions. If characters under 16500 have little to no chance of winning then there's no real issue as either way you get no reward.
  • Artificially difficult? You mean as if someone... made it? Then yes somebody probably made it the way it is. Just grind your bugs to g12. If that seems like a monumental task then you're probably not ready for Geonosis anyway.
  • I imagine the power requirement is there to prevent cheating.
  • Artificially difficult? You mean as if someone... made it? Then yes somebody probably made it the way it is. Just grind your bugs to g12. If that seems like a monumental task then you're probably not ready for Geonosis anyway.

Sarcasm just oozing from this comment. I love it. <3

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    So now our characters need to be atlist at 16500 power in order to compete in the especial missions of the new TB?????????
    If this isnt artificial difficulty idk what is. Man @CG you make people want to complain non stop recently

People, or just you and your buddy you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    This is the difference between actual achievement and artificial achievement. When you could get your 7* C3P0 like 2 tiers under requirements. Now it is all going to turn into Malak, where I was more salty over all the wasted tiers I had to buy that wasn't even needed.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

The method might be new (or just more transparent based on them stating the bottom line outright), but artificial difficulty has been increasing for a long time.

You only get one chance at the special missions. If characters under 16500 have little to no chance of winning then there's no real issue as either way you get no reward.

Not really, I can have a **** 7* hoth rebel soldier and still do the especial mission with 3 to 4 strong rebels
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Haha you are really funny.

I guess I'm really popular you know, with all the complains in every single forum.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Power gating accomplishes a lot of goals at the same time.

The phase 3 event characters other than JKR have a major difficulty spike over the phase 2 characters. This is appropriate as players have had more time to build and overall income is up considerably.

However, this created a situation where players are bashing their head against content and it's generating NPE in a way we haven't come across before. Power gating becomes the next logical step, to prevent people trying to lowball to excessive degrees from bashing their head against the wall and flooding the forums in frustration. Yes, it will probably be no cake walk even if you meet the wickets, but like the Malak event, odds are if you meet the power wickets, you'll either have or be within reasonable proximity to the tools you need to win.

Compare to the Sith raid, where you generally need very powerful units to meaningfully participate and take home big numbers. Looking at my main four teams for each phase- JTR, Revan, Chex, Nightsisters- the only ones who are sub-16.5k are the support staff of Chex mix, which is a cheeseball lineup anyways, and Hoda in the Revan squad, but bringing him up would not be an unreasonable bar. Even among my second string teams- Thrawntroopers, hunters, ewoks, Phoenix- they are all at or near that bar, and are generally phoned in point scum or lowballs compared to my heavy hitters. My Ewoks, who I haven't built up since they got me 3PO comfortably, are mostly at that power. Logray and Paploo are a couple hundred GP short, which could be rectified with mods and maybe one or two pieces of gear.

16.5k seems to be about the bar to engage a lot of modern content without the need to either cheese it or rely excessively on RNG.

And the Hoth event's structure failed pretty hard with respect to ROLO and the Hoth bros. The missions were supposed to showcase those units, but the units themselves were so mediocre and the difficulty of the missions so underwhelming, or demands elsewhere high enough, that it failed to do that. No matter how much you invest in Hoth Rebel Soldier/Scout, they'll always be meh, and the missions they're required for are easy to carry with other, better units. Even ROLO who has a seven star mission wasn't really worth the trouble of dealing with her. She was underwhelming on release and only became less relevant over time, with her only moment of notability was as part of a low-investment point scumming team early in the Sith raid's lifecycle that has since become irrelevant in the face of higher-cap P3 teams.

Hoth DSTB raised the difficulty and took out the screw synergy option from those special unit missions. Difficulty was at a point where you pretty much needed a coherent team. The worst of the required units- Imperial Probe Droid- was still a pretty good unit unlike in Hoth. It mostly accomplished the showcase goal, aside from forcing IPD onto a Veers team.

Geonosis TB seems to be a logical continuation. Depending on how the Brood Alpha landing and Geonosian pass lands, there might not be any bad or dead weight Separatists left, leaving you at putting together reasonable, coherent teams at a modern power level to get the job done. 16.5k seems like a coherent benchmark.
    Still not a he.
  • Nihion2
    35 posts Member

I guess I'm really popular you know, with all the complains in every single forum.

You remind me of someone... someone who's balding...
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

Not really, I can have a **** 7* hoth rebel soldier and still do the especial mission with 3 to 4 strong rebels

Which has zero to do with the new TB. If it's been designed to prevent that then not being able to use under 16.5k characters is irrelevant.
  • Boros wrote: »

No...thats TVF though.....
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

TVF is an arrogant kid who thing he is sarcastic lmao
  • TVf is great and almost always on point
  • I understand your concern, but don't forget, G12 finisher are incoming, G12 gear will be easier available, new store etc., G13 will be a big power jump for the characters, and so on

Considering all of this, i guess charakter GP of 16.5k will not be as hard reachable as today, and the Devs said since the beginning that the new TB will be very very very difficult. Probably with 16.5k GP per character you'll not go anywhere in new TB.
    But lets first check it out, before complaining straight away ;-)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • My bigger issue is that TB is the most boring game mode going. It’s a chore of co-ordinating placement in platoons and then sloughing through 8 stages of missions on auto.

Unless Geonosis does something ground breaking I really don’t want more TB.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Manumicio wrote: »
    I understand your concern, but don't forget, G12 finisher are incoming, G12 gear will be easier available, new store etc., G13 will be a big power jump for the characters, and so on

Considering all of this, i guess charakter GP of 16.5k will not be as hard reachable as today, and the Devs said since the beginning that the new TB will be very very very difficult. Probably with 16.5k GP per character you'll not go anywhere in new TB.
    But lets first check it out, before complaining straight away ;-)

They said the same thing for gear 12+ and I still get 1 drop of golden eyeballs, 1 to 2 stun cuffs, and 1 stun guns and guess what over 25 of my characters still need those to go from gear 9 to 10, let alone 11 and 12
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    They gotta force us to buy Kryotechs for Alpha somehow. Note that gating it behind overall team GP would accomplish the same goal while allowing for more flexibility.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

TVF is an arrogant kid who thing he is sarcastic lmao
    For someone who just made an account you sure do know a lot about it’s people PeterBahamas
  • Yeah these requirements they keep adding are really annoying .
    Need 7* to G12
    Need G12 to 6* mod
    Need ####power to participate

What's next, need to have spent #### many thousands in the game to participate?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Requirements such as GP thresholds move the game forward from the doldrums of auto-ing everything. Now a coordinated effort must be made by guilds and individuals to increase the power of their Separatist/ dark side in general. We might even have to incorporate strategy to win. :o
    The progression brings a challenge to all levels of players.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Inb4 geo tb is released and people figure out the 2 new droids can't get above the threshold before 7*ed, thus their well worked sep droids breaks down right away xD.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVf is great and almost always on point

lmao you must be his Alt account. hes always worthless which why 90% of the Forums has him on block.

Show your data.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    What’s the issue op? This is endgame content. For long time players, 7* isn’t a challenge anymore. The rosters evolve, so should the requirements 🤷‍♀️
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    I'm not a big fan of the extra restriction. However, the way they described the new TB fights, you are going to have to be GL12 to even stand a chance and GL13 to do reasonably well.