Modding (not Gearing) Magnaguard

IronRanger
203 posts Member
edited June 2019
Anyone have any success gearing Magnaguard? The game recommends tenacity mods but they do that for every tank. I was thinking some level of health/protection mods to help make him as tanky as possible. With the new changes to Magnaguard, I think I want/need to add him back to the GG team as I had been dropping him for Nute lately. Just looking for recommendations that have been successful for people.
Post edited by IronRanger on

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    If you don't know at all how to mod a certain char there is always the possibility to go to swgoh.gg --> Stats --> Mod Meta Report --> All --> search for the char.
    Now triple tenacity set on Magna makes perfect sense as it
    1) prevents him from getting inflicted with buff immunity which would shut down his taunting
    2) prevents him from getting dazed which would shut down his counter attacks (and his taunting as a result)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I've not been using him either in favor of Nute. Tenacity could help keep daze/stun off of him so he can keep countering. He definitely wants some potency so he can keep landing Target Lock early, though he'll be gaining potency throughout the match from GG lead. The more TL he lands the more tenacity and defense he and GG get.

Other than that, protection mods are probably the way to go. He's on the list to get a protection bump when G13 comes out, so he should get a bit tankier from that.
  • All are good points! I think I'm going to try to experiment a few different ways because I think maybe we don't want/need tenacity sets, rather potency or health/protection sets as if MG can start landing target locks, he'll get rising tenacity although it's not stacking and permanent. Likely need to find "just enough" tenacity to keep the debuffs off and enough potency to keep landing TL then heavy on health or protection. But maybe that won't be enough tenacity to have good success.

Still looking for anyone who's been successful running MG.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    4 offense 2 tenacity for now.
    But mine sep sucks, needs more time to gear others up and test.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Because I have a terrible problem, I can't help but point out that this is not what gearing means.

(I'm truly sorry)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Because I have a terrible problem, I can't help but point out that this is not what gearing means.

(I'm truly sorry)

Haha True...should be modding. Guess I was too consumed with my day job when I wrote that.
  • Dinotank46
    553 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Tenacity X2 health x1

Arrow health
    Square offense
    Triangle health
    Diamond defense
    Circle protection
    Cross tenacity
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA